Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: first full face transplant

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    In case you're wondering, the better method is to place the gun barrel fully inside the mouth pointing up and back.

Yes, to the back, not straight up. Weren't there instances of people trying to commit suicide, but using low caliber weapons dead-center under their chins for straight up, vertical shots that would sever their corpus callosum, effectively lobotomizing themselves? Now that's almost certainly going to be a downgrade in the quality of life...unless the person was clinically & violently insane, perhaps.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Yes, to the back, not straight up. Weren't there instances of people trying to commit suicide, but using low caliber weapons dead-center under their chins for straight up, vertical shots that would sever their corpus callosum, effectively lobotomizing themselves? Now that's almost certainly going to be a downgrade in the quality of life...unless the person was clinically & violently insane, perhaps.
    I remember a story from a few years ago, where some guy had a wonky bit in his brain that drove him to suicide. He placed the gun to his head, slipped, and managed to blow away the bit of brain that was causing all of his troubles.

(Tried to find the article, but "Self Lobotomy" only brings up Darwin Awards-type behavior, and "Shotgun Lobotomy" is the name of a band somewhere. I'll keep lookin'...)

EDIT: (Still looking, found information about Fronal Lobe disorders, and their symptoms; includes suicidal thoughts and actions. Even if the tale I'm half-remembering is an Urban Legend, it's still within the realm of possibility)
    Last edited by BillyRay; 28-Jul-2010 at 06:58 PM.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    Dontcha mean "Steele Style"?
    Ah, touche'.

To a man every person who has watched that scene with me says they would have done the same thing.

It seems the will to live is superceded by the unwillingness to go through that sort of pain for a slim to no chance of survival.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Ah, touche'.

To a man every person who has watched that scene with me says they would have done the same thing.

It seems the will to live is superceded by the unwillingness to go through that sort of pain for a slim to no chance of survival.

Depends on your definition of "survival".

Survival of the Dead, perhaps?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Depends on your definition of "survival".

Survival of the Dead, perhaps?
    As in that film has slim to no chance of being considered good?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    As in that film has slim to no chance of being considered good?

Y'know, I've never been horseback riding.

Nice to know I can put it off for awhile.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Y'know, I've never been horseback riding.

Nice to know I can put it off for awhile.
    Life begins at rigormortis.

Dude, everyone knows that.

United States
    Life begins at rigormortis.

Dude, everyone knows that.

That's a statement I thought I'd never hear in my lifetime! "life begins at rigor mortis" - classic! That shit is sig worthy!

United States
    I remember a story from a few years ago, where some guy had a wonky bit in his brain that drove him to suicide. He placed the gun to his head, slipped, and managed to blow away the bit of brain that was causing all of his troubles.

(Tried to find the article, but "Self Lobotomy" only brings up Darwin Awards-type behavior, and "Shotgun Lobotomy" is the name of a band somewhere. I'll keep lookin'...)

EDIT: (Still looking, found information about Fronal Lobe disorders, and their symptoms; includes suicidal thoughts and actions. Even if the tale I'm half-remembering is an Urban Legend, it's still within the realm of possibility)
    That story was featured on Cracked.com in one of their lists. I think it was something along the lines of People Who Cured Themselves Through Self-Destructive Habits, or something. It was right there alongside the gal who was so large that the flesh-eating bacteria couldn't kill her.
    Last edited by Trin; 29-Jul-2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

That's a statement I thought I'd never hear in my lifetime! "life begins at rigor mortis" - classic! That shit is sig worthy!
    Shit man. We're just coining phrases left and right lately.

What? You think you're the only one that can copyright something?