Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back To The Future Blu-Ray Pre-Order AMAZON - $50.00

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Exactly... they are getting something cool, but good news is that UNIVERSAL doesn't region lock their BD's so you can IMPORT
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    For much more than I'm willing to pay, sure. No thanks.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    For much more than I'm willing to pay, sure. No thanks.
    I know. Fucking import charges. If the total cost (including shipping) is under £18 you're okay importing into the UK, but if you're over you get import fees - and Royal Mail fees - which, last time I was shafted with that bullshit, was £10 import fees and £3 Royal Mail fees, so another £13 on top of the actual ruddy price you paid. For example the R1 4-disc Dawn DVD. I paid something like £23 for that (not knowing of the fees) so in total it took about 2 weeks longer to get to me at a cost of £36 ... ruddy piss take ... awesome DVD set, but the import limit for the UK is retarded.

As for the DeLorean model ... it looks a bit rubbish-looking, like a bit cheap ... not like a high-class die-cast model like I'd expected. Looks a bit more rushed and not especially detailed ... I duno ... but I won't be getting that version. Likewise it's not high up on my list, simply because:

1) Price (£45 in the UK for the normal edition, nevermind special editions)
    2) I've already got the 3-disc DVD
    3) There's a shitload of other things on my Blu-Ray wish list
    4) I'm trying to keep the wallet closed as much as possible at the moment after a rather expensive month

United States
    I took a hit when I ordered Spaced from the UK, but I didn't particularly care, 'cause at the time it wasn't available here. Now that it is, I still would've ordered the UK version because I still have a hangup with Kevin Smith doing a commentary track for a show he had zero involvement in. They may all be friends, but that still makes no sense to me.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I took a hit when I ordered Spaced from the UK, but I didn't particularly care, 'cause at the time it wasn't available here. Now that it is, I still would've ordered the UK version because I still have a hangup with Kevin Smith doing a commentary track for a show he had zero involvement in. They may all be friends, but that still makes no sense to me.
    There's a simple solution to this.....listen to the original UK commentary tracks. They're all available on the US set.

The new commentaries are really quite funny. They're not meant to be packed with info because the UK versions have already done that. The new tracks with Smith, Tarantino, Stone, Cody, Oswald, etc are just for a goof. And as I said before, they're actually really funny.

EDIT: Also....WTF? You're complaining about people doing commentary tracks for movies/shows they're not involved with? YOU?!? Think about that one for a minute.
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Sep-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, damn right ... well pointed out there bassman ... which reminds me ... TREMORS FAN COMMENTARY, where be it?

I'd quite like to hear the Kevin Smith commentary on whatever Spaced episode he did, he's always good for a chuckle, and I enjoy hearing the views of folk like him on British product ... gotta love Smith's "British accent" too ... it's always funny to see something British that you know so well, but through an American's eyes, if that makes sense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'd quite like to hear the Kevin Smith commentary on whatever Spaced episode he did, he's always good for a chuckle, and I enjoy hearing the views of folk like him on British product ... gotta love Smith's "British accent" too ... it's always funny to see something British that you know so well, but through an American's eyes, if that makes sense.
    He's brutally honest, that's for sure. He says he saw and loved Shaun, then he met Wright and was given the series. He threw it into his dvd collection because "I'm not going to watch your crap tv show because your movie was good".

He then admits that his wife forced him to watch it and he loved it. Although they ripped off his star wars references. "Star Wars references. Jeeze....who thought of that back around 1994?"

He has commentary on about three episodes, same with Diablo Cody(least interesting) and Tarantino. The funniest are probably Patton Oswalt and Bill Hader, who have two eps each. Hader spends most of the track talking as Vincent Price. Quite funny...
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Sep-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

EDIT: Also....WTF? You're complaining about people doing commentary tracks for movies/shows they're not involved with? YOU?!? Think about that one for a minute.
    Hey Hey Hey wait a sec... Lou only joined me on LAND because he dislikes it too... I did a commentary on it because you all wanted to know how much I hated it and why I hated it. Lou just came a long for the ride.

Tremors... well, slightly behind schedule on some personal stuff, actually WAY! Behind schedule on personal stuff, so I don't think that is coming this year.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Lou just came a long for the ride.
    Exactly my point.

The guest commentaries are just friends tagging along for the ride...

Super Moderator

UK
    I love me some Bill Hader commentary action. His part on an extra feature on Knocked Up where he was playing Rogen's character in one particular scene, doing various voices with the dialogue (Peter Falk, Al Pacino, Vincent Price) was superb. Bill Hader is an all-round funny ass dude too.

Damn, now I really wanna hear these 'famous fan' Spaced commentaries.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like the US will now also be getting a re-release into theaters in October. AMC Theatres is bringing back the film for two special screenings on Saturday ,October 23rd at 12:30PM and Monday, October 25th(Recognize this date?) at 7:00PM on 158 screens in over 40 cities. The theater listing is not yet active, but with it being in over forty cities, it shouldn't be that hard to locate. You also get a free full size BTTF poster for attending.

I've seen BTTF on the big screen before....but now in a totally remastered HD print? *drool* I only wish my kid was old enough to tag along....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Looks like the US will now also be getting a re-release into theaters in October. AMC Theatres is bringing back the film for two special screenings on Saturday ,October 23rd at 12:30PM and Monday, October 25th(Recognize this date?) at 7:00PM on 158 screens in over 40 cities. The theater listing is not yet active, but with it being in over forty cities, it shouldn't be that hard to locate. You also get a free full size BTTF poster for attending.
    Now THIS is a reason to go back to the theater. Hah, I didn't even realize what I did there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Definitely going to check this out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just thought you cats would like to know....the theater listings and pre-orders are up and running! http://www.amctheatres.com/Movies/Ba..._Future/?tab=1 Might wanna preorder soon. I imagine these tickets will go farily quickly...

At first I thought it wasn't showing that far ahead, but when looking through the comments I got the trick. To get your tickets....get this baby up to 88 mph. Then we're going to see some serious shit.

Got my tickets for the 23rd! Can't wait. This is gonna be heavy.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Sep-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Bassman here again with more shit that probably nobody cares about...

BTTF placed number seven out of ALL new UK releases these past few weeks. For a 25 year old film...not bad. Not bad at all. As Hellsing and MZ have both mentioned, it looks like new generations of kids are getting hooked on this spectacular series.

Also, we have a new 25th anniversary trailer for the US. This gives me all kinds of goosebumps...

You guys that have seen it in the UK...how was the HD transfer?