Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season Two Webisodes

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    And sympathize?
    Aww, hells naw...
    Zombies are for target practice only. The only good one is a... uhh... doubly dead... one?
    Then you missed the entire point of that Morgan's wife/Bicycle girl sequence.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not only the best part of the first episode, but a highlight of the entire season. That sequence still gives me chills.

United States
    Nah, I'm just a heartless bastard, lol.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Also why do script writers always name young males either Billy or Tommy lol
    I blame the Power Rangers!

United States
    Awesome, I liked it very much!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Watched up through the 'Neighborly Advice' episode last night and really liked it quite a bit. They even got an actor or two I recognized. Will finish the few remaining episodes tonight, I think. I hope they keep up the webisodes as off/pre-seasonal fare and maybe focus more on tidbits from the source material that may need filling our or were otherwise missed in the future.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    For you UK folks who might have trouble finding the webisodes (not great quality) - http://www.movieweb.com/news/watch-a...dead-webisodes

-- -------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

*spoiler*

I enjoyed the webisodes, but really didn't get why the mother gave up the moment she was bitten. She could have continued to have helped her kids for hours/days!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    *spoiler*

I enjoyed the webisodes, but really didn't get why the mother gave up the moment she was bitten. She could have continued to have helped her kids for hours/days!

I wondered the same thing but just chalked it up to the idea that the military guys would shoot her before she got near the helicopter. Although she could have at least made sure the kids arrived to the pick up area....
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Oct-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: .

United States

I wondered the same thing but just chalked it up to the idea that the military guys would shoot her before she got near the helicopter. Although she could have at least made sure the kids arrived to the pick up area....

She didn't "give up". They had one gun between the three of them and she was bitten, therefore, infected. She was a goner. She sacrificed herself to keep the zombies busy. Think about it, while the zombies fed on her, the kids were given more time to run away. Rather heroic, if you ask me!

United States
    Geez, no reason to let them tear you in half. Heroic indeed.
    Those things were slow, she definitely could've stuck around to help the kids awhile longer. Guess being ripped in half is the better, more dramatic way to go.
    Eff that.

Although I'm glad they released these all at the same time, I want more, dammit.
    I guess I will have to tough it out for a few more days until the show starts.
    Soooooooooon...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post

She didn't "give up". They had one gun between the three of them and she was bitten, therefore, infected. She was a goner. She sacrificed herself to keep the zombies busy. Think about it, while the zombies fed on her, the kids were given more time to run away. Rather heroic, if you ask me!
    No, I agree. She was done. But she could've ran with her kids to the pick-up point. At least get them to a point of safety. After that lay down and accept your fate.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Geez, no reason to let them tear you in half. Heroic indeed.
    Those things were slow, she definitely could've stuck around to help the kids awhile longer. Guess being ripped in half is the better, more dramatic way to go.
    Eff that.

Although I'm glad they released these all at the same time, I want more, dammit.
    I guess I will have to tough it out for a few more days until the show starts.
    Soooooooooon...
    Rather than the arm, it should have bitten her in the leg... She tried to walk along, but immediately realised she couldn't and then passed the gun over, etc etc... Would have made much more sense!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    No, I agree. She was done. But she could've ran with her kids to the pick-up point. At least get them to a point of safety. After that lay down and accept your fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Rather than the arm, it should have bitten her in the leg... She tried to walk along, but immediately realised she couldn't and then passed the gun over, etc etc... Would have made much more sense!
    I agree with you both, as someone sitting down in my home and watching this on tv...er, my computer monitor. However, in her position, she was bitten, in pain, shock, and her adrenaline was probably pumping thru her system bigtime! She made a split second decision. Not one I would have made, but it worked for her needs of the moment.

Personally, I would have gone down in a blaze of glory, fists swinging and kicks flying until the bitter end!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I agree with you both, as someone sitting down in my home and watching this on tv...er, my computer monitor. However, in her position, she was bitten, in pain, shock, and her adrenaline was probably pumping thru her system bigtime! She made a split second decision. Not one I would have made, but it worked for her needs of the moment.

Personally, I would have gone down in a blaze of glory, fists swinging and kicks flying until the bitter end!
    Just think it would have been entirely more believable and better with my suggested alternative in #42

Her desperately trying a few steps so she could carry on looking after her children, only to realise she was too slow and actually putting them at more risk! Then she gives them the gun etc etc...
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Or ran in the other direction, drawing off the zombies?

The webisodes aren't bad for what they are, but the woman who got bitten on the mouth is a bit too dead looking, isn't she? I mean she only got bitten a wee while before getting out of the rug, but she looked like she'd been dead for weeks.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 13-Oct-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....