Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World War Z in trouble (Redux Edition)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm working on a TV-series right now, and one of the Grips who came aboard is fresh from the WWZ reshoots in Budapest. I'm going to try to get some details from him in the following week...
    Looking forward to some tasty morsels of inside knowledge.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    All I've managed to gather so far is that he thinks it will be a shitty film.

Super Moderator

United States
    All I've managed to gather so far is that he thinks it will be a shitty film.
    Uhoh...well, at this point I'm prepared for anything. In fact, if I have low enough expectations I may enjoy seeing it for the first time

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well... Ladies and gentlemen... They're shamblers!

Super Moderator

UK
    Well... Ladies and gentlemen... They're shamblers!
    They are? Where'd you see/read/discover this? Also, whatever happened to that video we saw of a rehearsal where someone was infected in seconds and then started sprinting around all over the place?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    That sounds great. Now I can only hope there will not be any RE-Style "Boss" creatures.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    They are? Where'd you see/read/discover this? Also, whatever happened to that video we saw of a rehearsal where someone was infected in seconds and then started sprinting around all over the place?
    Well, I straight up just asked the guy who'd worked on it. He also showed me some pictures of it, and some of the sets seem really awesome as well.

I don't know... I'm swinging around a little bit about this film...

Being Attacked

England
    I know someone who was involved with the zombie CGI last year, I wouldn't hold your breath or get too excited. Some nice on set chaos effects though.

Administrator

England
    Well, I straight up just asked the guy who'd worked on it. He also showed me some pictures of it, and some of the sets seem really awesome as well.

I don't know... I'm swinging around a little bit about this film...
    But the video we saw showed what seemed to be runners?

-- -------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    I know someone who was involved with the zombie CGI last year, I wouldn't hold your breath or get too excited.
    Why??
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Hey, can't speak for the video. But that's what the guy says.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    But the video we saw showed what seemed to be runners?
    That is because you saw raw footage BEFORE the matrix slow motion 3d panning effects were put in. If bullets can be made to move as fast as spitballs, then <10 second 100 meter dash parkour zombies can be made to look like shamblers.

Being Attacked

England
    Gore/zombie effects wise I mean.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    That is because you saw raw footage BEFORE the matrix slow motion 3d panning effects were put in. If bullets can be made to move as fast as spitballs, then <10 second 100 meter dash parkour zombies can be made to look like shamblers.
    Huh??
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Ha, nothing quite so high-tec - everytime a zombie appears they'll edit in some fuzzy old black and white footage from NIGHT and hope nobody notices...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Ha, nothing quite so high-tec - everytime a zombie appears they'll edit in some fuzzy old black and white footage from NIGHT and hope nobody notices...
    Oh goody! I hope they use stuff from NOTLD 30th Anniversary Edition! Pretty please with cherries on top!