Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More border crap, you people need it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    damn straight, but the sequel, eh, not so much.
    Starship Troopers 2
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    I am all for leagle immigration. Let whomever wants to be here come here and live as long as they do it in the proper ways. As for the problem with illeagle immigrants, you can't blame somebody for wanting to live a better life. We all want a better life than what we have and face it, most of us have it pretty damn good.

Mexican's aren't stealing your jobs, it is the employers breaking the law by giving those jobs to illeagles for almost no pay that are taking your jobs away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tied2thetracks View Post
    Borders,language, and culture. I'd push for morals, but I know thats just insanity.
    I read this and found it quite ridiculous for a couple reasons. For one, there is not an official national language in the United States. Yes the majority of this country speaks English, but it has never been deemed the official language so to demand that somebody speak English in order to be a citizen is ridiculous.

Second, the whole culture and morals part. I put them together because quite a bit ones culture determines ones morals. Most of the Mexicans I have encountered over the years were extremely hard workers with great work ethics and were very respectful to others. Your basically sterotyping the "bad" to try to make a point.

At the same time, we need better border protection, but face it, you can't blame bad borders on the Democrats, especially since the Republicans controlled congress for quite a long time and did nothing at all to secure them to what we need. A fence will not keep people out, they will just cut the fence in many different spots, climb the fence, or flat out destroy the fence to get through. Plus, the funding for such a fence would be astronomical. That money could be used for better things like education and health care, something to help our people.

Basically, I'm for leagle immigration, but realize that there is no real answer to stopping the illeagles from coming in. We must find a real solution to deal with the problem, be it nationalizing them and making their employers pay them a decent living wage and have them pay taxes or another reasonable solution. Kicking people out who just want to better themselves isn't the answer to the problem. Like I said before, they aren't the ones stealing your jobs, it's the employers who seek them out so that they can make a higher profit by paying them pennies on the dollar for work you and I wouldn't want to do anyway.

Also, at one point most of our ancestors were illeagle immigrants, they weren't invited here by the Native tribes, they came and slaughtered them to take the land. Be happy that couldn't happen again.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Then you dont mind converting to Islam? Because thats the eventual result ask the French of Dutch. We arent as cursed, because we will be speaking mostly Spanish, but I dont want the US to look like Mexico economically or culturally.
    i thought you were of italian ancestry? do you spread organised crime, meatball recipes, and the italian language like some kind of virus?

my family is irish, theres tons of them (i have 15 immediate uncles & aunties), and guess what - i dont blow up cars, drink a lot of guiness or tap dance - i drink tea, dance badly and blow up about the weather - in other words the irish in my family & subsequently myself got assimilated by english culture.

same thing happens to all immigrant families in almost all countries, by the second generation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    i thought you were of italian ancestry? do you spread organised crime, meatball recipes, and the italian language like some kind of virus?
    nah just racism by the sound of it.

cus forgive me for saying this but i seriouslty doubt every mulsim is a terrorist, i think the idea of a religion taking over is pig headed and ignorant in the extreme, but some people just love to seem all knowing.

Banned User

Undisclosed

my family is irish, theres tons of them (i have 15 immediate uncles & aunties), and guess what - i dont blow up cars, drink a lot of guiness or tap dance - i drink tea, dance badly and blow up about the weather - in other words the irish in my family & subsequently myself got assimilated by english culture.

same thing happens to all immigrant families in almost all countries, by the second generation.
    Actually No I dont do that personally, but many of my relatives did in the past, and I have a number of cousins who are career criminals. Dont throw the stereotype crap at me, most sterotypes are sterotypes because they have an essence of truth. And its pretty obvious you dont follow any of the news coming out of Mainland Europe. Why do you think people are being murdered for drawing cartoons with Muhammad on it? Or for making a films? These arent Native European Christian schoolteachers doing this stuff, its violent unassimilatable angry muslims from Africa and the Mid east. You can try to PC gloss over it, but thats what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    nah just racism by the sound of it.

cus forgive me for saying this but i seriouslty doubt every mulsim is a terrorist, i think the idea of a religion taking over is pig headed and ignorant in the extreme, but some people just love to seem all knowing.
    It saddens me to hear someone from England say that.. turn on the news dude, take a trip to France. And we wil see.
    Last edited by Khardis; 13-Nov-2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    The notion that the British people (and likewise the French and so on) would be lazy enough to sit back and have their traditionally Christian (or Catholic, or whatever) countries be taken over by an outside religion from a completely different society, is absolutely stupid in my view.

1) The British people (or whomever) would not stand for it, simple as. You can practice whatever religion you want, but as a traditionally Christian country - that is how Britain will remain.

2) The notion that the vast majority of Muslims would actually want to take over someone else's country seems a bit off, the fact that some Muslims demanding Shariah Law were turned down, shows they are not about to get anywhere remotely near even moving Britain towards becoming Islamist.

3) There are 1 million (roughly) Muslims in the UK, mainly living in the London-ish area. There are over 60 million non-Muslims in Britain.

4) People, in general, may have gotten somewhat complacent of late, but clearly with the whole fuss regarding veils, they're not about to lie down and just watch sitcoms forever.

The trouble is, it's the bad apple Muslims, who take the religion and twist it into their own hideous, mangled ideas. Much like what can be (and is) done with Christianity. But the vast majority are nice, normal people. It's just a shame the bad apples hog all the headlines and the good guys won't stand up and make a spectacle about being normal and not extremists.

If anything, religion is going to lose more grip, rather than regain, over time.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The notion that the British people (and likewise the French and so on) would be lazy enough to sit back and have their traditionally Christian (or Catholic, or whatever) countries be taken over by an outside religion from a completely different society, is absolutely stupid in my view.

1) The British people (or whomever) would not stand for it, simple as. You can practice whatever religion you want, but as a traditionally Christian country - that is how Britain will remain.

2) The notion that the vast majority of Muslims would actually want to take over someone else's country seems a bit off, the fact that some Muslims demanding Shariah Law were turned down, shows they are not about to get anywhere remotely near even moving Britain towards becoming Islamist.

3) There are 1 million (roughly) Muslims in the UK, mainly living in the London-ish area. There are over 60 million non-Muslims in Britain.

4) People, in general, may have gotten somewhat complacent of late, but clearly with the whole fuss regarding veils, they're not about to lie down and just watch sitcoms forever.

The trouble is, it's the bad apple Muslims, who take the religion and twist it into their own hideous, mangled ideas. Much like what can be (and is) done with Christianity. But the vast majority are nice, normal people. It's just a shame the bad apples hog all the headlines and the good guys won't stand up and make a spectacle about being normal and not extremists.

If anything, religion is going to lose more grip, rather than regain, over time.
    Its not as simple as all that friend. You European blokes (the people I am rooting for) are simply losing the breeding game. Europeans have negative birthrates, which is why they had to open the borders to let in all the 3rd worlders to boot. To pay for the taxes that less and less Europeans could do because of shrinking numbers.

Check out the book America Alone. It talks about just that, how the Native Europeans are basically dying off, and the only people producing children are the immigrants who dont want to conform or assimilate into European cultures.

Thats how it will be over taken. They evne have laws in certain European countries to PAY native Europeans to have children with huge tax incentives... its not working.

Kazakhstan
    Actually No I dont do that personally, but many of my relatives did in the past, and I have a number of cousins who are career criminals. Dont throw the stereotype crap at me, most sterotypes are sterotypes because they have an essence of truth. And its pretty obvious you dont follow any of the news coming out of Mainland Europe. Why do you think people are being murdered for drawing cartoons with Muhammad on it? Or for making a films? These arent Native European Christian schoolteachers doing this stuff, its violent unassimilatable angry muslims from Africa and the Mid east. You can try to PC gloss over it, but thats what it is.
    yes indeed, an essence of truth. essence implies a small element and not an overall characteristic, does it not?

it's very easy to get whipped up by the media. it's much harder to be rational and sensible about it, so i sympathise.

I dont follow the news coming out of mainland europe?! i live in europe you jackass...YOU don't. you base your information on third party handouts from the news services, i bloody live here! i was on the tube 2 days after the 7/7 bombings, i travel up and down the country frequently, and go to the continent to chill out or attend metal festivals at least 2 or 3 times a year. i find myself wondering what the hell you know from CNN that i don't with my own eyes & ears, on the streets (sorry to sound like huggy bear).

nobody was killed over those cartoons as far as i know...uppity middle class muslim students decided to spice up their lives by waving offensive banners at protests, and a lot of them are now on trial.

france? have you ever been to france mate? ive spent a month on the riviera and a week in paris this year alone (woo get me, i know it's france, but the food & drinks good and it's laid back), and i didnt see any jihadists beheading people in the street. my girl's parents often chill out in the dordogne, no reports of the second crusades going on out there.
    indeed, and im not just saying this to be clever or contrary, i was actually very impressed at how courteous and polite the working class muslim kids who hung around the streets after dark were, compared to the aforementioned gangs of english thugs.

they seemed more interested in my prodigious hair length than anything else, they would file out of the way and let me and my girlfriend pass, hmm, maybe im just a crazy pinko liberal, but they seemed like normal human beings to me.

australia has a problem with muslim gangs, but then those kids arent good muslims, theyre just jackasses, and living in a seriously racist country probably doesnt help.

my guitarist is of syrian descent, has a muslim family, never found any c4 in his room...

i visit upton park in london fairly frequently, you wont see a white face for miles...but i never get any ****, despite bein a weird looking kafir guy with a girl in fetishwear on one arm...surely that would be enough to offend their sensibilities and cause them to go jihad on my arse? mysteriously doesnt though...

hmm...maybe it's just the minority going mad, thinka that? just like the minority of italian americans were into organised crime, just like the minority of irishmen actively contributed to the troubles.

i'm not rushing to join the khardis bashers, but you seem to have a lot of presumptions as opposed to facts at your command. prove me wrong though, i wont be a prick if you do.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    yes indeed, an essence of truth. essence implies a small element and not an overall characteristic, does it not?

it's very easy to get whipped up by the media. it's much harder to be rational and sensible about it, so i sympathise.

I dont follow the news coming out of mainland europe?! i live in europe you jackass...YOU don't. you base your information on third party handouts from the news services, i bloody live here! i was on the tube 2 days after the 7/7 bombings, i travel up and down the country frequently, and go to the continent to chill out or attend metal festivals at least 2 or 3 times a year. i find myself wondering what the hell you know from CNN that i don't with my own eyes & ears, on the streets (sorry to sound like huggy bear).

nobody was killed over those cartoons as far as i know...uppity middle class muslim students decided to spice up their lives by waving offensive banners at protests, and a lot of them are now on trial.

france? have you ever been to france mate? ive spent a month on the riviera and a week in paris this year alone (woo get me, i know it's france, but the food & drinks good and it's laid back), and i didnt see any jihadists beheading people in the street. my girl's parents often chill out in the dordogne, no reports of the second crusades going on out there.
    indeed, and im not just saying this to be clever or contrary, i was actually very impressed at how courteous and polite the working class muslim kids who hung around the streets after dark were, compared to the aforementioned gangs of english thugs.

they seemed more interested in my prodigious hair length than anything else, they would file out of the way and let me and my girlfriend pass, hmm, maybe im just a crazy pinko liberal, but they seemed like normal human beings to me.

australia has a problem with muslim gangs, but then those kids arent good muslims, theyre just jackasses, and living in a seriously racist country probably doesnt help.

my guitarist is of syrian descent, has a muslim family, never found any c4 in his room...

i visit upton park in london fairly frequently, you wont see a white face for miles...but i never get any ****, despite bein a weird looking kafir guy with a girl in fetishwear on one arm...surely that would be enough to offend their sensibilities and cause them to go jihad on my arse? mysteriously doesnt though...

hmm...maybe it's just the minority going mad, thinka that? just like the minority of italian americans were into organised crime, just like the minority of irishmen actively contributed to the troubles.

i'm not rushing to join the khardis bashers, but you seem to have a lot of presumptions as opposed to facts at your command. prove me wrong though, i wont be a prick if you do.
    Mainland Europe is Not England... dont make that mistake.

There was no need to make this personal by namecalling, as such I reported this post.

And a number of people died over the cartoons, youre clearly misinformed.
    In London, Tony Blair condemned demonstrators who besieged the Danish Embassy at the weekend bearing placards threatening massacre and praising the actions of the July 7 bombers. One protester was dressed in the belt of a suicide bomber while a 20-month old baby wore a bonnet bearing the words "I love Al-Qaeda".
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...027502,00.html

Sounds like a nice quiet minority being abused by a racist system to me... not.
    Last edited by Khardis; 13-Nov-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Undisclosed
    My grandfather beat the crap out of an english dock boss with a cant hook and ran and stowed away on a ship headed for america.
    Sounds pretty american to me....

There was no need to make this personal by namecalling, as such I reported this post.
    ...*Shakes head*...
    Last edited by Terran; 13-Nov-2006 at 06:57 PM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    Or perhaps European women have gotten the chance to go to work, and have thus hopped on the bandwagon - therefore inducing a dip in the over all birthrate. Meanwhile, Muslim women generally aren't allowed to have jobs - so they are left at home making babies. There's also their views on sex, contraception and abortion.

During the war the ample-age-for-breeding men went off to fight, they came back and tada - the baby boom, the population rocketed. We're currently in a dip, guaranteed it rises again as women start finding the mix between a working life and settling down to have a family. Heck, we even have women now who are finding out the working world isn't as great as some thought it might be and are making the choice to be a bit rebellious and stay at home again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or perhaps European women have gotten the chance to go to work, and have thus hopped on the bandwagon - therefore inducing a dip in the over all birthrate. Meanwhile, Muslim women generally aren't allowed to have jobs - so they are left at home making babies. There's also their views on sex, contraception and abortion.

During the war the ample-age-for-breeding men went off to fight, they came back and tada - the baby boom, the population rocketed. We're currently in a dip, guaranteed it rises again as women start finding the mix between a working life and settling down to have a family. Heck, we even have women now who are finding out the working world isn't as great as some thought it might be and are making the choice to be a bit rebellious and stay at home again.
    Man what I wouldnt give to be a stay at home dad and raise a huge brood of kids....but then again this would only be great if the kids had similiar interests....
    Cartoons....
    Video Games....
    Toys....
    Pets....
    Playing sports(not watching them)
    World Domination....
    Etc....

raising girls as a Dad would be difficult.... only thing I could really relate with them is by watching chick flicks...(since I like all movies)....

Hmm....but then again raising girls has its advantages if they ever gave me grandkids chances are most of her kids would be more like me in looks/vices/benefits....(this idea is purely unscientific and Im a little drunk but I bet I could find some evidence that supports it....I look identical to my moms father (to the point where I could be his clone...people see old photos of him when he was my age and ask me when I had that picture taken of me...I hope I dont inheret his short lifespan )....my brothers and I are all very similiar to my mom's "lineage"...and my dad is identical to his mother...my sister is very similiar to my father...

Hmm I may be on to something...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Kazakhstan
    Mainland Europe is Not England... dont make that mistake.
    c'mon man, don't make me be cranky, i said ive spent over a month in france & have visited other places in Europe this year

remember, i said;

"(I ) go to the continent to chill out or attend metal festivals at least 2 or 3 times a year."

and

"france? have you ever been to france mate? ive spent a month on the riviera and a week in paris this year alone (woo get me, i know it's france, but the food & drinks good and it's laid back), and i didnt see any jihadists beheading people in the street. my girl's parents often chill out in the dordogne, no reports of the second crusades going on out there.
    indeed, and im not just saying this to be clever or contrary, i was actually very impressed at how courteous and polite the working class muslim kids who hung around the streets after dark were, compared to the aforementioned gangs of english thugs."

did that just slip you by or something? or were you conveniently ignoring it?

i say again, what the hell do you know? you just read stuff on the internet.

i don't pretend to know what's going on in your part of the world to the point where i'll rubbish people who actually live there and not accept they might just know more.

and re: that link;
    "At least six people have died as protests over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad erupted in riots across the Islamic world."

that's not Europe though is it?, that article doesn't mention anyone in europe being killed. noisy demonstrations in denmark is all it says.

please, just answer my question (ie what the hell do you know) without being completely misinformed & presumptious - i beg you!

Undisclosed

i say again, what the hell do you know? you just read stuff on the internet.

Hey I take offense Im reporting this post ....Comeon! ..All I do is read stuff on the internet...!...and I think that sometimes I know a lot (see how I attempted to be vague with "sometimes" and "I think" everyone has trouble wrestling between confidence and hubris ).... Its just a matter of how much stuff you read on the internet ...or how well you can identify objectional material...or in most cases merge several heavily biased information from multiple varying positions into one cohesive idea....

BOOM!....Man I feel wordy today...

Kazakhstan
    well there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you dont pretend to know more than...well...someone who does...