Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 Things that bug me about dead movies

United States
    Well, Rickles sported a wedding band in the movie. He might be less inclined to rape someone than Rhodes who could have had a hard time getting women, even before the zombie outbreak. Of course it is possible that the ring was worn by the actor playing Rickles and nobody bothered to tell him to remove it when filming. That and any wife the character had would have been zombie chow.

As for Steele, he did not seem all that interested in shooting Sarah and was only prepared to do so when Rhodes ordered him to. I find it hard to believe he'd be raping her. Most of those military guys were only talking big and cracking jokes because they were in a room full of men. When the chips came down, I honestly don't see any of them raping her with the exception of Rhodes.

Undisclosed
    I just realized something. Dawn '04 is the closest zombie movie to actually getting behavior right, and actually NOT entirely inconsistant, despite what it may seem at first. With some research, I have found that the root of human balance is a fluid filled sac. The fluid, endyloph, rises and lowers in the sacs. The level of fluid is detected by nerves, acting like a carpenter's level rule, and telling the brain if the head is off-balance. This sac is punctured 30 minutes after death (on average, depending on things like temperature, moisture, etc.), thereby ruining any possible obtainable balance impossible. When the person reanimates, he or she has about 30 minutes of blissful balance, and thus the ability to run, if coordination permits. After that, the zombie can no longer balance as well, and thus can't run. This all means that the early running ability makes sense, though there are more heavily decomposed zombies running also, which contridicts this accuracy.
    Last edited by ash; 25-Jan-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    in my mind dawn would be the greatest zombie movie ever, its certainly the best serious one, becuase it takes itself seriously, but my fav's gotta be shaun.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I just realized something. Dawn '04 is the closest zombie movie to actually getting behavior right, and actually NOT entirely inconsistant, despite what it may seem at first. With some research, I have found that the root of human balance is a fluid filled sac. The fluid, endyloph, rises and lowers in the sacs. The level of fluid is detected by nerves, acting like a carpenter's level rule, and telling the brain if the head is off-balance. This sac is punctured 30 minutes after death (on average, depending on things like temperature, moisture, etc.), thereby ruining any possible obtainable balance impossible. When the person reanimates, he or she has about 30 minutes of blissful balance, and thus the ability to run, if coordination permits. After that, the zombie can no longer balance as well, and thus can't run. This all means that the early running ability makes sense, though there are more heavily decomposed zombies running also, which contridicts this accuracy.
    WHAT?! You can't be serious! You know that they only made the zombies fast to try and make them "scarier" and "deadlier" and "more extreme" so people would appreciate them over the classic Romero Zombies. And if you call those zombies, who run flat out everywhere and anywhere, yet pause at the base of a staircase to stare at the "heroes" for a second realistic, you must be crazy!
    When there's no more room in hell, get the hell outta my room!

Banned User

United States
    Well in the origional Dawn I remember a scene of zombies going up/down the stairs. So they must climb?

We have a lot of these here in Kansas City. I live about 3 miles from one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    There is one main entrance to the cave in reality. That is not really discussed/mentioned in the movie.[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by HLS; 01-Feb-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah, a little off topic, but it bugged me that in resident evil only one of them could climb the stairs (near the kitchen) its like imposing unesscary rules on your film or something.

United States

The long and short of it

You pretty much ask a similar question to most people who watch movies... something like why'd that stupid babysitter run up the stairs and not out the door?

There's certain necessities that must take place to create more action for a movie
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, this is a tricky subject to get into. Those scenes were filmed on Sanibel Island, not far from Ft. Myers. Now, neither Sanibel Island or Ft. Myers is mentioned in the movie, so is our cast actually in those locations, or are they supposed to be somewhere else? Hard to say. Just like in Dawn, they never mention Monroeville...is that where the Mall was, or was it just supposed to be a mall in an undisclosed location? You can plainly see the MM Monroeville Mall logo on the doors. I dont think that the word "Florida" is ever used in the movie either. There is a map of Florida on the map of their meeting room, even though that room is in the old mine in Wampum, PA. That is why we have to assume the movie has a setting of Florida. With that being said, I live in Florida, and I can tell you that there are not many, if any, underground bunkers in the whole State, as most of the State isnt that far above sea level, and any basement type bunker would flood. I believe that GAR used to have a home on Sanibel Island, so that is probably why some of the movie was shot there and in Ft. Myers.

But is the opening scene supposed to even be Ft . Myers? It isnt mentioned, and we dont see a big sign that says "Fort Myers", so is it set there, or just a undisclosed movie location? Downtown Ft. Myers looks pretty much the same as it did in the movie. As for Sanibel Island, there is a big bridge over there that allows vehicle traffic, so in theory zombies could walk across the bridge to get to the bunker. Our heros could have destroyed that bridge, but then a land escape would be cut off in case there was a problem with the chopper. Or if the chopper crashed on everyone got killed on a search mission, the bunker inhabitants would have no means to leave the island os the bridge was gone.

If the soldiers eliminated the zombies as Chakobsa suggested, there would be no more "specimens" to bring back into the complex. It is mentioned how Logan is going thru too may of them, and the men might refuse to go out "in the wild" to get any more. If there were none on the island, they would have to go all the way to the mainland to get some.

Also, I think that Bill says something like "Over on the mainland, all the shopping malls are closed". You wouldnt refer to the mainland if you were in fact on the mainland, therefore I think you have to take it that they are on some island, if not Sanibel Island.
    Philly, you left out the fact that GAR was on a ****-string budget for this film and had to do what was necessary to get it filmed. For instance, his exterior and elevator shots were filmed at old the Manor Nike Missile Facility, just northeast of Pittsburgh. Had that facility been surrounded by a brick wall or perhaps two rings of wire fence we would have had that as a result. It wasn't a matter of what the survivors didn't do, its a matter of where George could get the damned scenes filmed!

Recognize this elevator?

http://ed-thelen.org/t_missileelevator.html

http://ed-thelen.org/t_missileunderground.html