Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slither anyone?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The normal use of the word "fit" still means "in shape" here in the UK, but with 'tha yoof' like me, it means "attactive/sexy/shaggable".

See, that's the thing with language, it's a snynonym/meaning quagmire ... it's like "forget about it" in the mobster world (yes, I've been watching Donnie Brasco).
    fuggedaboutit is often the mark of an meathead. When I was a teenager you might refer in a derogatory way to someone as "he's one of those guys that says fuggedaboutit". The dudes who say it tend to say it nonstop.
    Its one of those things that seem quaint in a movie, but not so much in reality.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thread necromancy...

Recently picked up Slither on a whim and ended up liking it a lot. It's essentially a zombie movie, and they're pretty much shamblers, so that gives it some credibility right off the bat, for me. Yes, it's mindless entertainment but it sure as hell ain't Dawn '04, as Danny predicted. It's definitely an 80's throwback.

A meteor crash lands in a small middle-of-nowhere US town, with a little slug-like creature inside of it. A guy (Michael Rooker) finds it and the slug enters his brain (a la Night Of The Creeps), turning him into a weirdo who craves raw meat. He slowly transforms into an almost primordial.... thing. Hard to describe. Anyway, eventually everyone in the town turns into pretty-much-zombies and I don't want to spoil how because it's pretty damn cool.

Definitely worth picking up if you can find it for $5 or under. I'd even spend more on it, now having seen it, but I know it's probably not for everyone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I seem to recall it being very much like Night of the Creeps, which isn't a bad thing at all. But it was also too clichéd. I love horror, but 95% of the "small town gets invaded by horrible creatures" films are exactly, exaaaactly the same except for the interchangeable creatures. Slither is essentially "Bats" or "Eight Legged Freaks" but with the monsters from Night of the Creeps.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was surprised that I really enjoyed it. Just a fun romp. Nathan Fillion made the movie for me. I'm not even a Firefly fan, but it's shocking that guy doesn't get more movie roles. He's hilarious.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I liked all the blunt ways the main cop would say things, like when he first sees Michael Rooker as the creature, the way he delivers "What the fuck was that?" is fucking hilarious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I was surprised that I really enjoyed it. Just a fun romp. Nathan Fillion made the movie for me. I'm not even a Firefly fan, but it's shocking that guy doesn't get more movie roles. He's hilarious.
    nathan fillions like morgan freeman or something. just got a way of spekaing that entertains you. still not so hot on this film but after a few rewatches i appreciate it for a great fillion performance.