Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incoming zombie games...

capncnut
    The next time I play this, I'm gonna use the gravity gun more. I ignored it the first time and I had the cheek to accuse the designers of not placing enough ammo in the game. Man, there's ammo EVERYWHERE! I just wasn't looking in the right places.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really?, it was the gun i used the most, it was freakin' legendary fun, did you just fun across the desert form the antlions instead of using the gun to build a path?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    really?, it was the gun i used the most, it was freakin' legendary fun, did you just fun across the desert form the antlions instead of using the gun to build a path?
    Actually, I got frustrated with that bit really quick - bored the granny out of me so I started running halfway through that level. Them squidgey ball things certainly helped out a lot later on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ....to those of you saying "squidy ball things?" right now, no i dont have a clue either.

capncnut
    You know the thing that attracts the Antlions when you throw 'em. I don't know the technical word for it I'm afraid.

Super Moderator

UK
    Geez, how can you be a HL2 fan and not know what "squidgy ball things" mean, what else could it mean?!

Great vid there Capn, suddenly Ravenholm isn't scary at all ... thanks to Benny Hill.

capncnut
    I'm still reeling at how long that level was, seriously epic stuff. The thing is, you're having so much fun while you play it the time factor goes out of the window. Still, it ain't as long as that level on the bike - that seemed to go on for years.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bike? Whatchu sniffing?

You mean the buggy? Or the boat? Yes, that goes on for ages, that's my main gripe with HL2, it's really long chunks stuck together, and you get really sick of the area about 3/4 of the way through, then finally get a change.

Like:

*loads of set up
    *loads of canals
    *loads of roads
    *loads of prison
    *loads of city

In no particular order there, but you get my point, it can get a bit samey after a while like I said, and you get tired of the area, and some areas aren't sh*t hot, like the canals go on a bit long because there's a lot of parts where you're just boating through storm drains and there isn't much running around shooting going on, so that can get the most tedious out of all the parts in the game (aside from all the lead-up after a bit, but first time round it's fine because it's new, but after that you just wanna skip to the action, unless you're a completist who wants to replay it all the way through start to finish).

England
    Aye nova prospekt seemed to go on forever!i loved it for a while but it got a bit tedious...

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed, Nova Prospekt is a great area, but it suffers like all the other areas in HL2 suffer - going on too long and getting a bit samey after the 3/4 mark when you're tired of that setting and looking for something new.

So really, they needed to add a little bit more level/area variety in HL2 to make it perfect.

Therefore I'm really looking forward to Ep2's woodland/countryside area - it's a whole new ball game, baby!

United States
    HL2 had one of the best ending levels ever. Once you get that super-powered gravity gun, its over. Its like you're the angel of death descending upon the citadel.

Super Moderator

UK
    Really, you liked the final zone? I wasn't a fan, I have to say, some of it was good, but again, went on too long and you're all kinda tuckered out as it's the end of the game.

Then of course there's more of that zone at the start of Ep1, so that was annoying for me personally, beyond that Ep1 gets good - despite just being more of the same city 17 stuff...bring on Ep2 and the NEW zone-age fun times.

United States
    Here is a new video interview with Doug Lombardi, marketing director at Valve. He talks about Portal, the evolution of the Source engine, Half Life 2:Episode 2, and the new consoles. Pretty interesting stuff:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...17767&type=mov

If you don't have Quicktime, replace "mov" with "wmv".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn i know i finished it on the xbox, but i cant friggin wait for the high end 360 version of this, its gonna be awesome.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bike? Whatchu sniffing?
    You know what I mean - it had handlebars...

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Aye nova prospekt seemed to go on forever! i loved it for a while but it got a bit tedious...
    ...and that's the exact level I'm prattling on about.

The bit when the bombs were dropping from the sky, man when you play that on a massive widescreen tv with all the speakers blaring - it's like world war three. Absolutely epic. Did anyone else have any trouble with that jump? Took me about 20 attempts.
    Last edited by capncnut; 14-Mar-2007 at 08:09 AM.