Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vigilante justice and general other questions... your *thoughts?

United States

The internet has vast resources provided by the government and non profits to help educate people of all ages on the evils of drugs.

The drugs I used didn't all have an effect on me but the ex and the coke did. The effects of the others were so insignificant it wasn't worth doing.

I said I dont get it and I dont understand because I'd like to. I'd love to know what its like for people who do drugs. Why they do them? How it started... etc. It beats saying I dont care. Unlike most people I'm interested in knowing more and i'm always waiting for someone who'll change my opinion.

And I think there's a tremendous difference between tall buildings and the danger someone might fall off one and a person who uses drugs. A person doesn't choose to fall. Meat will clog your arteries but thats part of a balanced diet and with proper diet and exercise you can live a strong healthy life and there's prescriptions to help with arterial flow. Rope and knives were created to assist in every day life if people wield them as weapons that's their own choice. You have a great point that many things can damage us but we dont all choose to damage ourselves.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    I guess that overall, my main point is that it is not in line with the concept of "freedom" to make things illegal simply because you dont like or understand something. And again, government, at least American government, is supposed to fufill the "will of the people". What are commonly referred to as "illegal drugs" is a multi-billion dolalr industry. It is not a multi-billion dollar industry because a small handfull of people are using them. It is not a multi-billion dollar business because poor people are the main ones buying them. A very large amount of people are buying these drugs, of all ages, genders, races, etc. It appears that the "will of the people", at least a large amount of people, want to do these drugs. And our jails are clogged full of people in there because of drub related charges.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Speaking as a man whos wife and sister-in-law are both vicitms of rape and as a man who's had his house broken into before, I"ll call the cops...
    They'll have the best methods of taking the ****ers body away.

I don't own a gun, but I do keep a larger machete under my bed, I"ll give new meaning to the words "dis-armed"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Don of the Dead View Post
    I don't own a gun, but I do keep a larger machete under my bed, I"ll give new meaning to the words "dis-armed"
    Hehe, like it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Don of the Dead View Post
    Speaking as a man whos wife and sister-in-law are both vicitms ..
    Im sorry to hear that. Its a cold harsh world out there.

I dont have a machete, just a big ass cleaver I can wield wield with authority and My trusty Louieville slugger by the door. Home run!
    I used to keep a homemade Zip gun by the bed when I was a kid.

Imo, simply doing drugs is ethically neutral. Its the things one does to harm others that is unethical. Occasionally indulging even in Hard Drugs doesnt make you evil and to think so is simplistic and unrealistic about human nature. When Life gets too much for me I occasionally (very) will spend an evening blasted on something or another. Its very occasional, but nothing bad happens and the next day Im good to go, better at having blew off steam. Not everyione can do that but that shouldnt be MY problem. Some people cant drive for sh*t, so I should lose my freedom cause some mook is irresponsible?? It also doesnt make me feel superior becasue I dont have a problem someone lese has. "But for the grace of God go I".
    Last edited by coma; 07-Jun-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    first off i think the american "justice" system abandoned rehabilitation a long time ago in favor of simply fraking with people psychologically/emotionally before setting them loose again the general population - very nice of a govt that is supposedly so worried about the avg person's welfare.

i'm not talking of rapists and murderers here but people that are in jail for ridiculously long times for the laughable crime of drug possession. the drug laws in this country were written by mickey mouse and jerry falwell (hell a little hot for you?) and make about as much sense as a collaboration between the two.

as for vigilante justice - sometimes, in limited circumstances, it is warranted and to be applauded. for example- i am a parent. if i were to catch ANYONE (no matter who) attempting to molest/physically harm my kids - i will kill them in blood where they stand and not think a thing about it. not only would i kill them i would be quite tempted to go Vorenus on said person (see the HBO series Rome) and carry their head through the streets as a trophy. i am deadly serious about this. as far as a person's children go - i don't feel that normal human law applies to that kind of situation. if i caught a person in the act, i would be judge, jury and executioner and would feel that i am totally within my "rights" as a parent to kill, maim, or mutilate said person as i saw fit.
    Last edited by Mike70; 08-Jun-2007 at 04:34 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States

something i'm curious about

Is when a person attacks you with a knife and lets say you defend yourself and wind up stabbing them lets say... stab their hand through their shoulder and turning them into a lefty or stab them in the leg and twisting the knife to give them a little reminder of just who not to contend with... will the police arrest you for excessive force and say... you shoulda defended yourself but not so violently instead perhaps sought a safer place to be and called us to take out the trash?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Is when a person attacks you with a knife and lets say you defend yourself and wind up stabbing them lets say... stab their hand through their shoulder and turning them into a lefty or stab them in the leg and twisting the knife to give them a little reminder of just who not to contend with... will the police arrest you for excessive force and say... you shoulda defended yourself but not so violently instead perhaps sought a safer place to be and called us to take out the trash?
    I've always been of the mind, if I own a gun, I'm keeping a screwdriver next to it, I"ll sneek up on the punk wisper "Catch" toss them the screwdriver, when they catch it, I'll give them an exsessive case of lead poisoning.

:He had a weapon officer, I had to shoot him"

United States

rofl!

don you're my hero and an inspiration to keep a screwdriver next to my baseball bat

United States

Nail on the head...

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I dont want to get into a lengthy debate here, but I will respond to a couple of things you said here.Ummm....I hope you dont think that the answer the education is the internet? A place where anybody can post whatever they want, truthful or not? Plus, not everyone has the internet. Many are too poor to have it. Many make a purposeful choice not to have it. And many use it purely for entertainment purposes, not to educate themselves.

Also, you use the term "I dont get" and "I dont understand" 5 times in this post. I submit that just because you dont understand something, that doesnt mean that it should be illegal, or that people who do something you dont understand are "bad".

And if you are one of the few people on this planet who are immune to the effects of pot, coke, meth, and X, that might explain why you seem to be so judgmental. You must have a very different body chemistry than the rest of us.

You make pronouncements about the actions of others as if you are the ultimate authority on what others should do. It could be argued just as easily that it is weak to not use drugs, that you are too weak to expand your mind, and expose yourself to a different way of thinking.

Again, I say that a person should be allowed to make his or hers own choices in life. Again, supply a person with correct and unbiased information, and if they decide to do it anyway, that is their choice. Many things can damage us, should they all be illegal? No tall building cuz someone might fall off? No knives, someone might get stabbed? No rope, someone might hang themselves? No meat, someone might get clogged arteries?
    "Goodbye , I am gone."