Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the DAWN screwed of observation thread

United States
    I couldn't believe they put the dead bodies of zombies in the walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer instead of taking them upstairs and dumping them off the roof (granted that would have taken a long time but still...)...

I also have to wonder about how fresh the produce was inside the Brown Derby... I'd say that was dependant on how long it was from the time the mall was overrun by zombies and their last food delivery to the time it took the gang to get there.

I liked in 28 Days Later they were plugging irradiated food though...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I couldn't believe they put the dead bodies of zombies in the walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer instead of taking them upstairs and dumping them off the roof (granted that would have taken a long time but still...)...

I also have to wonder about how fresh the produce was inside the Brown Derby... I'd say that was dependant on how long it was from the time the mall was overrun by zombies and their last food delivery to the time it took the gang to get there.

I liked in 28 Days Later they were plugging irradiated food though...
    I don't think you guys are taking into account the virtual impossibility of getting them up there and tossing them off. You think they didn't have this conversation? Petr was like "F**k this man, let's just throw these suckers in the frezer." we talk all this junk but we probably would have done the same thing.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I didn't know they had that talk...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I didn't know they had that talk...
    I'm sorry mj, ididn't mean to give the impression that they said that in the film. Alot of things happened off camera in the movie that we just have to fill in the blanks to. But common sense dictates that they had a conversation about what to do with the bodies. They probably went through all their options and went with the most practical one.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    ohhh but there was scarcely enough space in the coolers to keep all the zombies...

United States
    They should have just put all the zombies in the ice arena instead of the freezer. The arena had a lot more room than the tiny freezer plus they wouldn't have to worry about all the food wasted.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    They should have just put all the zombies in the ice arena instead of the freezer. The arena had a lot more room than the tiny freezer plus they wouldn't have to worry about all the food wasted.

Now there's the first viable solution i've heard. Way to use the old noodle dude!!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Persoanlly, my plan would have been to lock all the stores on the second floor and both levels of the large department stores (every night, without fail). If the mall was invaded, cut the power and let the raiders stumble around in the dark feding off the zombies while they try to figure out what is open and easy to access and what isn't worth the effort. If they had no power to anything or lights on, I bet that entire scene would have worked out totally different! The zombies would have been a much more credible threat...
    cuttin the power woulda made a world of difference. but also,flyboy still would have tried to shoot them and missed with all the shots.....again. he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    cuttin the power woulda made a world of difference. but also,flyboy still would have tried to shoot them and missed with all the shots.....again. he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.
    I think that statement was definitely true at the begining of the film, but i think he got a little better through practice. He was after all able to shoot a couple of bikers off their bikes, who were moving targets by the way. Anybody who's fired a gun can tell you that's not easy. As for turning of the lights, hell yeah it would have made a big difference. You saw the chaos that ensued when the bikers shut off the lights.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Not a bad idea but take it from me, ice rinks are no where near cold enough to keep bodies from rotting. I have spent time at school level and minor league hocky rinks and NHL arenas (Go Wings!) and during the late spring thru early fall, while the ice is frozen, the air around it is still very warm. Those bodies would have been rank!
    Maybe they could have left the bodies there as a temporary solution but not for too long.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Not a bad idea but take it from me, ice rinks are no where near cold enough to keep bodies from rotting. I have spent time at school level and minor league hocky rinks and NHL arenas (Go Wings!) and during the late spring thru early fall, while the ice is frozen, the air around it is still very warm. Those bodies would have been rank!
    Maybe they could have left the bodies there as a temporary solution but not for too long.
    I have no idea how the whole ice skating thing works so this might sound crazy, but couldn't they let the ice melt, throw the zeds in there, then refreeze it with them entombed in ice?

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I have no idea how the whole ice skating thing works so this might sound crazy, but couldn't they let the ice melt, throw the zeds in there, then refreeze it with them entombed in ice?
    I would imagine that an ice rink would only consist of a thin layer of ice as that would be more efficient for freezing and maintenance purposes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    I would imagine that an ice rink would only consist of a thin layer of ice as that would be more efficient for freezing and maintenance purposes.

Well i gues a couple of inches of ice would be enough for a couple of people, but what about if it's a couple hundred on the ice at the same time? Wouldn't it have to be significantly thicker? Maybe 6 inches? If that's the case one would imagine that would be enough.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Would the smell of rotting bodies come seeping out of the freezers if the power were off-line for some time?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Would the smell of rotting bodies come seeping out of the freezers if the power were off-line for some time?
    In all likelyhood yes, unless it was airtight.