Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geeeeeezus, what is with some people?!

Super Moderator

UK
    Stressful mother = gay baby?

That's a weird one.

I certainly think that criminals are bred, but perhaps there could be people who are more pre-disposed to being naughty due to that old classic of chemicals in the brain being imbalanced.

I honestly believe that teenagers today are no worse than in the last 20 years, they're certainly not devoid of a moral compass, they're just people like the rest of us. If they really were all running amok we'd be under anarchy - it literally would be A Clockwork Orange ... but it isn't.

There's always been crime, and in this day and age of constant media and 24 hour news on multiple channels, it's all hyped up higher and higher than normal. There are certainly problems that need sorting, while some problems are on the rise, others are on the slump...it's all the balance of life.

As for teens today, they're just the same as they've been for a very long time, which includes when many of us were teens. Crazy sh*t goes on when you're a teen, but when you look back on your teenage years, you don't remember it that much, it's certainly not the focus.

People living in criminal areas are just subject to that kind of life, they don't suddenly stop at 18, they continue. While crime has nothing to do with colour - rather social circumstances - crime also has nothing to do with age.

And why would gang rape be a high society crime? Not that it wouldn't happen in high society, but surely it's 'better suited' to the lawless streets of poorly policed, criminal areas where vices rule.

United States
    You're right Coma... I never really knew black people or even saw them until I moved to Charleston. I mean I maybe saw one or two... but they didn't live any of the places I lived. I think I knew two black people in high school and that was it. But on the same token... I've been in Charleston for nearly three years and in my interactions with them here I've still never known a group of black males to gang rape anyone personally. However every time I've had someone try to rob me or chase after me it was a black male but thats only happened here so it could be simply geographical.

I will have to argue about crime being more rampant in poorer areas, because its simply not so. Society is different at the top. Crimes will go unreported (like rapes and assaults) in a lot of instances to spare the family the humiliation of having been affected by a crime from one of their own. Seriously. Not to mention crimes within families often go unreported because that family will have their own way of dealing with internal problems.

Additionally crime often affects the affluent its just less noteworthy. My family has prolly had no less than 30 cars stolen in 23 years. Repeatedly stolen at that. We also had a maid service and things would occasionally go missing from the home. And on one occasion the maid service lady stole the keys to our condo in Mammoth and they robbed that place blind because they knew we wouldn't be there. We've also had our home robbed numerous times and attempted to be broken into tons of times. I can scarcely imagine what a man breaking into a home at 3am is planning to do once he gets inside. Those are of course mild crimes in the bigger scheme of things but crimes that still affect them none the less.

I'm interested in the study where research suggests that a stressed mother can produce a gay child because I personally can't accept that. I dont believe people are born gay I think its just something you choose for yourself. Like I dont date fat guys because I choose not to. I dont date idiots because I choose not to. And while I find some women attractive I dont date them because frankly chicks are bitches and who needs the drama and I'm not attracted to them just because they're not ugly.

But I agree with MZ that criminals are either bred or suffer severe abuse or neglect that turns them into a criminal. Frankly it depends on a crime to crime basis exactly which of those applies to the criminal IMHO. There are certain injuries a child can suffer in their formative years that would damage the brain that would result in the loss of apathy... hence the question did your mom drop you as a child? But its simply a suggestion as to the motivation behind a criminal act.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post

I dont believe people are born gay I think its just something you choose for yourself.
    I'm sure that there are millions of gays that would challenge you on that assertion.The majority of them have tried to be heterosexual just to fit in to what society thinks they should be, but they just can't. It's like being straight and people trying to force you to like the same sex because that's considered normal. Any of us would feel like that's just impossible.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I guess what i meant was you dont choose what you find attractive... its just what you like... but you choose who you date... there's nothing wrong with being gay and i dont try to convert gay people... but i dont think you're born that way... its just what you prefer for whatever reason... it doesnt matter why you're gay... at least to me
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html