Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I give up. The world is doomed.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Ned
    I am not trying to get you to change your beliefs about anything

do you even know what laws jesus meant when he said that?

you quote the new testament so you should know what he was referring to

if so how does this make him a hypocrite?
    He was referring to the "Law", i.e. the old testament. I can quote more passages if you like, where he says the same thing?

As I said, this does perhaps not mean that Jesus (if he's real, I an in the grey zone right now, I guess) was a hypocrite because we don't know if he actually DID those things. But his chronicles seem to have had conflicting views on what ideology Jesus should represent and thus embellished their writings in that direction.

Kazakhstan
    NEWSFLASH

Today in mother sweden, acclaimed red scientist Nedvar evilovski made a startling discovery - Religious fundamentalists are not entirely rational people!

This news has sent tremors through human society

seriously though, i believe the bible was a good code for living up until about 40 or 50 years ago. it's time to move on now.

i believe in a grand architect of the universe, although his judging me eventually is something i personally tend to disbelieve.

i think jesus is a bit like king arthur. there probably was a person, but the modern day myth is in fact probably stories & aspects of many different people, mixed in with a bit of exaggeration and posthumous deification etc.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    My wife tought me the best way to deal with situations like this...

Just smile kindly and say "you know, you might be right". And move along.

Best to stick to things that don't cause bloodshed when its really not needed. Life is too short.

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    My wife tought me the best way to deal with situations like this...

Just smile kindly and say "you know, you might be right". And move along.

Best to stick to things that don't cause bloodshed when its really not needed. Life is too short.
    you know, if the whole world took that advice, millions might not be dead
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *nods ni agreement*

besides everyone knows christians aint jack on the crazy-o-metre compared to scientologists:

"so you believe in ghost aliens called thetans humping you legs invisibly?"

"yes"

"what have you been smokin'?!?"

"crack"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Some christians are the f*cking dumbest people to ever have walked this planet. F*ck some of them. I hope some of them rot.

I just had a discussion with two christians. We discussed several topics.

First, I pointed out that the bible isn't really a reliable source. Infact it's constantly contradicting itself and tells of ludicrious and fantastic tales. They said that this was because it was written by man. I then said, why are you following the word of man? They said they weren't, they were following the word of God. I wondered what part of the bible that was, and they said everything in it. I wondered if this included the passages about killing disobedient children and stoning people who work on sundays. They said no, that is the old testament and Jesus refuted that. I said that he did not, and there are infact passages in the New Testament where he says that the Old Testament (called "The law") should be obeyed and never altered. He states this several times. I then said that you should stone kids and people who work on sundays, and I wondered why they did not.

One of them said:

Because we're not perfect, but Jesus died for our sins.

Just listen to that. What a f*cking retarded answer is that? To add insult to injury, the other guy slapped the first guy on the back saying "That is a great answer, that showed him!" (or something to that effect) yet without realizing that his answer had not really dealt with anything I had asked! It was just a way for them to quickly get out of a theological discussion they couldn't handle.

Now one of them said that you needed faith to believe in the Bible, and equated it to Evolution or Gravity and that these things were not proven EITHER, and thus he held the events in the bible with the same credibility as Gravity and evolution. I then said that there is stone hard proof of micro-evolution going on, and it is irrefuteable and that gravity is no longer a theory, it's a law (I believe, at least, I kinda made that up). This caused them to change subject and say that even Darwin was a christian.

I said nope, he wasn't. And it's true he wasn't. One of them said he recanted on his deathbed, and I told him that that was a lie invented by the church at that time, and that the only person with Darwin on his deathbed refuted that he had said this. Some of you may also know that in his letters, Darwin calls himself agnostic and I pointed this out.

Now THEY attacked ME, saying that his daughters testimony was unreliable and that someone like me who couldn't accept the word of the bible was a hypocrite for believing in her but not the bible.

What the hell? Yet another completley retarded turn! How can you compare The Bible, which is full of tales and prophecies, with a simple statement made by Darwin's daughter that he did not turn to christianity on his deathbed! Which is also SUPPORTED by his letters! But at this time I gave up, just saying that they were some of the most ignorant and dumbest people I had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

JESUS, I hope you had a miserable time on that cross because of the pain you caused me today, you son of a bitch!

Ned, this is exactly why I stopped going to church. I don't feel you need to believe in the bible to believe in a higher power. I don't even know if there is a god, I have just accepted that something with more power than any lifeform is capable of having is responsible for all of this we see every day.

Getting into biblical discussions is a waste of time and energy. The party in support of the bible will always result to BS Hyporcritcla rhetoric in defense of someone questioning the morals of the biblical palate.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Ned

Like I said
    Im not gonna quote scripture
    that is too charles manson

i am not disagreeing with the possibility the
    people you encountered were fools

believe what ever makes you feel complete
    i am not interested in converting anyone for or against christ

and Mo dont take it personally
    you of all people should know that is not the way

i will never argue with any of you over anything
    be it religion or politics or anything
    in all the time i have been here i never had a fight with anyone
    and i intend to keep it that way

i enjoy discusssions with intelligent people
    which i am able to find here
    and hope to continue to do so
    but malice is not my thing anymore

so I hope you didnt take my posts as insulting
    I dont think you did
    but just want to make sure...

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Some christians are the f*cking dumbest people to ever have walked this planet. F*ck some of them. I hope some of them rot.

I just had a discussion with two christians. We discussed several topics.

First, I pointed out that the bible isn't really a reliable source. Infact it's constantly contradicting itself and tells of ludicrious and fantastic tales. They said that this was because it was written by man. I then said, why are you following the word of man? They said they weren't, they were following the word of God. I wondered what part of the bible that was, and they said everything in it. I wondered if this included the passages about killing disobedient children and stoning people who work on sundays. They said no, that is the old testament and Jesus refuted that. I said that he did not, and there are infact passages in the New Testament where he says that the Old Testament (called "The law") should be obeyed and never altered. He states this several times. I then said that you should stone kids and people who work on sundays, and I wondered why they did not.

One of them said:

Because we're not perfect, but Jesus died for our sins.

Just listen to that. What a f*cking retarded answer is that? To add insult to injury, the other guy slapped the first guy on the back saying "That is a great answer, that showed him!" (or something to that effect) yet without realizing that his answer had not really dealt with anything I had asked! It was just a way for them to quickly get out of a theological discussion they couldn't handle.

Now one of them said that you needed faith to believe in the Bible, and equated it to Evolution or Gravity and that these things were not proven EITHER, and thus he held the events in the bible with the same credibility as Gravity and evolution. I then said that there is stone hard proof of micro-evolution going on, and it is irrefuteable and that gravity is no longer a theory, it's a law (I believe, at least, I kinda made that up). This caused them to change subject and say that even Darwin was a christian.

I said nope, he wasn't. And it's true he wasn't. One of them said he recanted on his deathbed, and I told him that that was a lie invented by the church at that time, and that the only person with Darwin on his deathbed refuted that he had said this. Some of you may also know that in his letters, Darwin calls himself agnostic and I pointed this out.

Now THEY attacked ME, saying that his daughters testimony was unreliable and that someone like me who couldn't accept the word of the bible was a hypocrite for believing in her but not the bible.

What the hell? Yet another completley retarded turn! How can you compare The Bible, which is full of tales and prophecies, with a simple statement made by Darwin's daughter that he did not turn to christianity on his deathbed! Which is also SUPPORTED by his letters! But at this time I gave up, just saying that they were some of the most ignorant and dumbest people I had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

JESUS, I hope you had a miserable time on that cross because of the pain you caused me today, you son of a bitch!

i was baptised in the name of jesus, and i think your rant is a little offensive ned-no dis-respect to you tho.i class my self as a christian, albeit not a good one, but one all the same.everyone to there own.

i sometimes pray to jesus asking for his help and the like,and i like to read the bible occasionly,it gives me a sense of calm knowing i have jesus/god on my side.i can remember times-many many times walking down the road and coming towards me a group of pissed up 16-18 yr olds shouting abuse at anyone and everyone, yes i got/get scared and just look to the sky and ask god to protect me from evil and what happens? the group of teenagers just walk str8 past me not giving me a second look. i have been attacked in the past i might add before i belived in god.im not preaching, but god is good.yes your probly thinking that those kids not attacking me is just pure chance.i think not.
    Last edited by flyboy; 21-Aug-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: i had more to add.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!