24 68.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alone or Group?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Or a bicycle...

United States
    With a group, but very careful how I pick them !

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I've never been the "joiner" type anyway, so I'd Lone Wolf it.

Undisclosed
    I voted in a group. The only way I can see one person making it alone is if they have a fall out or bomb shelter. If they have enough food and supplies to last the next 15 or 20 years they would pretty much be set. Although insanity might kick in too from being alone and having nothing but the same crap to do over and over again.

It depends on the group you end up in too. As others have said if you are in a small group were everyone gets along than you are set. More people mean that you can carry more supplies, more sets of eyes to watch for trouble and more people to help secure a hide out for a while. In theory one would hope you could get something like this going with friends and family if at all possible but whatever works. Its best if you at least know the folks a little or know of them I think.

If its a group with constant power fights and such than you might as well be alone because half the group is going to get killed anyway.

Although I think its best to find others to help out. At the worst they make for companionship. Either way I favor the bomb shelter approach and just have a couple other folks in there too. That way you have a definate safe haven and if you must leave you are not going out completly alone and have a better chance to get more and come back alive. Problems with this too but I would do it if possible.

capncnut
    Alone. Machete, baseball bat, bottle of Jack, let's rock!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'll reiterate my position. i have never cared about joining in things or been much of a follower and i enjoy doing lots of stuff alone BUT i don't think a single person would have as much of a chance as a well organized group (note the words well organized). i think that the tremendous shock of what has happened and the loneliness over time would drive 99% of people insane and leave the other 1% as people you wouldn't want to be around.

so the folks that are living in survivalist fantasyland that want to go "robinson carusoe" would probably end up like alexander selkirk - dressed in rags and chasing goats around when they want a bit of "fun."

myself i would hook up with a few people and try to set up a right and proper honkey paradise somewhere.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    definitely find a group, it'll save you from havin a zombie mistake your forearm for a drumstick.

West Asheville, North Carolina, United States
    United States
    I voted alone, only because I feel it would be more likely I would survive for a long period of time.

I don't trust many people to know what the hell they're doing on normal days...much less in a constant state of danger. Groups can accomplish more, carry more stuff, etc. The wrong person can also get you killed. Also, being in a group is in NO way a guarantee against going crazy.

That being said, I wouldn't be against grouping with others if I came across them. I would just be an a-hole who would ditch at the first sign they were gonna get me killed.

=V=
    Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Hey, if you save your own expletive, then it's no problem, right?