Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people hate LOTD

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Friends = I enjoyed it, a fun show, it's like a visual cuddle/hug ... plus Chandler rocks and Jennifer Aniston is fit, and Courtney Cox was fit till late season 2/early season 3, and Lisa Kudrow was fit until she got all shagged around the eyes...

Land = awesome, I loved it.

Yawn04 = donkey nuts ... actually that is a disservice to the nuts of donkeys ... it's a load of old, non-species-determined penis, is what it is.

Some Capn-theory out-of-water blowing go-an-on 'ere mates.

Oh, and shufflers all the way!
    I enjoyed Friends. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if I see it's on and there's nothing better on the tube, I watch it. And yeah....Chandler's sarcastic comedy and the hot ladies are what really keep me watching it.

How about we all quit this Land/Dawn is better thing? Seriously....now its just turned into hurling insults. People have their own opinion....hell, there are people out there that probably hate the original Dawn. We can't change that. Let's just agree to disagree. Or we could continue this 9000000 page thread. Either way.

*walks away thinking of Bill Murray at the end of "Scrooged" and singing "Put a little love in your heart"*

United States
    Hate the orginal Dawn ?

I admit I have some reservations with some elements of the film (The blue zombies and silly action sequences) but who could say they Hate It ?

I agree; opinions are opinions; let's now bash people for them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Hate the orginal Dawn ?

I admit I have some reservations with some elements of the film (The blue zombies and silly action sequences) but who could say they Hate It ?

I agree; opinions are opinions; let's now bash people for them.
    I don't mean anyone around here hates it. I HIGHLY doubt that anyone here doesn't like Dawn. I was just talking in general...

capncnut
    I'm working on a project with a DP / Director combo that would blow your theory out of the water and they currently reside in 'forum land'
    Well, I'll look forward to seeing it. When/if its released.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    How about we all quit this Land/Dawn is better thing?
    Does anyone have to quit if they happen to dislike both movies?

The fact is neither film is better than 28 Days Later or Shaun of The Dead. Just like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, leave it to those Brits to improve upon something that the Americans invented.

Runners are far more intense and scarier; how many folks on this forum could run 100 yards at full sprint before collapsing from too much beer and pot ?
    Well, being that most of the zombies you'd encounter would be sporting beer guts rather than Olympic athlete physiques, it's hard to imagine any of them being able to sprint 100 yards in death when they obviously couldn't do it in life. This supports my argument that DAWN '04 is lazy filmmaking at best.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 08-Oct-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    to whom it may concern, mr m.zombie and mr c.cnut:

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Does anyone have to quit if they happen to dislike both movies?

The fact is neither film is better than 28 Days Later or Shaun of The Dead. Just like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, leave it to those Brits to improve upon something that the Americans invented.

Well, being that most of the zombies you'd encounter would be sporting beer guts rather than Olympic athlete physiques, it's hard to imagine any of them being able to sprint 100 yards in death when they obviously couldn't do it in life. This supports my argument that DAWN '04 is lazy filmmaking at best.
    heh heh

How about some beer gut zombies on ZOMBIE PCP ?

United States

The fact is neither film is better than 28 Days Later or Shaun of The Dead.
    Ugh. I hated both of those.

I guess we're complete opposites.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

FAIL

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

FAIL
    Yup, that's my impression of those two movies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive been saving onto that one for jsut such a post

United States
    Well, to be fair, although I didn't like those, I place them thousands of miles above Redneck Zombies.

I felt like punching myself in the face as punishment for watching that one. Gets my vote for "Worst of All-Time".

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that was allright till the last 15 minutes when it jsut whent to ****.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

I guess we're complete opposites.
    You're just confused, and I'm not.

Seriously, what was there to hate? Even the living dead in SHAUN are more effective than DAWN '04, and the former film is a freakin' comedy. The black kid outside the pub, for example, is scary as hell. The filmmakers hit a home run using only simple make-up and direction to set the mood.

Point out a more effective zombie in DAWN or LAND; I sure don't see one. DAWN in particular wasted lots of time and money creating elaborate make-up effects that in the end barely resembled human beings, such as the fat woman from the truck (obviously a guy). He/she would have been more at home in a Raimi film than a Romero remake.

Zack Snyder had no idea how to effectively create a creepy mood, so he took the easy way out and simply turned the living dead into a horde of road runners. The only threat seemed to be the possibility of being stampeded to death.

capncnut
    Seriously, what was there to hate? Even the living dead in SHAUN are more effective than DAWN '04, and the former film is a freakin' comedy. The black kid outside the pub, for example, is scary as hell. The filmmakers hit a home run using only simple make-up and direction to set the mood.
    Well, I'm a Shaun hater of the highest order but I agree with everything you say there. The zombies in Shaun were much more scarier than the ones in Yawn 04. I live in London where soccer hooligans flood the streets and that's what the zombs in Yawn 04 are like, soccer hooligans. Throw 'em a Chelsea scarf and you can walk through a whole pack without injury.