Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some general tattoo advice

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Tattoos, I kinda understand (though that girl with the collection of stars all over her face truly looks like an idiot, and not just because she has stars all over her face) but how about those surgical implants folks get so that they can attach horns to their head, or those medical bars that folks get placed under the surface of their skin that creates weird unhuman looking bumps and crap like that? Maybe I am just too old school, but that seems a bit weird to me!

That sort of stuff makes me feel physically sick.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

That sort of stuff makes me feel physically sick.
    Agree with you Craig. Probably makes the wearer feel physically sick too, but I guess that in some way maybe that is the point.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it doesn't bother me, not that id get it done myself, but different strokes for different folks yknow? it dont hurt nobody and it makes them happy, cant really have a problem with that.

Its kind of like ear plugs, there was a big trend with all my student crowd mate to get them, i was kinda tempted but just didnt dig it enough, but the ones who did now have these massive loops of flesh on there when they take them out, thats just not attractive in my opinion.

That said i know a dude who will find any girl, regardless of looks or personality to be absolutely repulsive if they have tattoos or short hair.

like i said, different stroke dude.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it doesn't bother me, not that id get it done myself, but different strokes for different folks yknow? it dont hurt nobody and it makes them happy, cant really have a problem with that.

Its kind of like ear plugs, there was a big trend with all my student crowd mate to get them, i was kinda tempted but just didnt dig it enough, but the ones who did now have these massive loops of flesh on there when they take them out, thats just not attractive in my opinion.

That said i know a dude who will find any girl, regardless of looks or personality to be absolutely repulsive if they have tattoos or short hair.

like i said, different stroke dude.
    Sorry, didn't mean to come off as being judgmental, but in looking at what I have written, I see that folks could get that idea.

I do recall back in the early 90's while doing gigs with my band that someone actually looked at me with an expression of surprise and said "You mean you don't even have one tattoo?"

I know that what I posted makes it seem that I am deriding folks who have chosen to do the surgical implants, so I wanted to clarify that these folks have every right to do whatever they want to their appearance, and I say more power to them for whatever elements of personal expression they choose to customize their look, be it clothing, jewelry, hairstyle or whatever. That I cannot understand or do not particularly care for certain elements that they have chosen is moot to the issue, I do understand, but no judgment about them personally was meant on my part. So if you want to wear a lip disc, or whatever, I say it is a person's right to do so and if they like it then that is cool as far as I am concerned.

As to whether or not I would get a horn implant or a lip disc, though, I gotta say that I don't really groove with that look and I don't think it would match my personality. But again, just a matter of personal preference, and I conversely hope that folks would reserve making a personal judgement about me just because I choose not to go that route.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 19-Jul-2009 at 06:57 PM.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Sorry, didn't mean to come off as being judgmental, but in looking at what I have written, I see that folks could get that idea.

I do recall back in the early 90's while doing gigs with my band that someone actually looked at me with an expression of surprise and said "You mean you don't even have one tattoo?"

I know that what I posted makes it seem that I am deriding folks who have chosen to do the surgical implants, so I wanted to clarify that these folks have every right to do whatever they want to their appearance, and I say more power to them for whatever elements of personal expression they choose to customize their look, be it clothing, jewelry, hairstyle or whatever. That I cannot understand or do not particularly care for certain elements that they have chosen is moot to the issue, I do understand, but no judgment about them personally was meant on my part. So if you want to wear a lip disc, or whatever, I say it is a person's right to do so and if they like it then that is cool as far as I am concerned.

As to whether or not I would get a horn implant or a lip disc, though, I gotta say that I don't really groove with that look and I don't think it would match my personality. But again, just a matter of personal preference, and I conversely hope that folks would reserve making a personal judgement about me just because I choose not to go that route.
    woah, wered this come from dude?, no said anything disapproving, right on for actually having an opinion even if i dont agree.

this sounds like on of those politician "apologies" for bieng found in a car with a hooker or something.

United States

this sounds like on of those politician "apologies" for bieng found in a car with a hooker or something.
    Brother hells, it wasn't anything you said in particular, but after rereading my previous posts, I just wanted to make certain that folks knew I wasn't intending to make fun of folks choices for personal expression. That being said, I can assure you that in spite of whatever has been reported I categorically deny ever having met or been in a car with that woman, whether or not she actually exists. I was actually on a hike by myself in the Appalacian range.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Brother hells, it wasn't anything you said in particular, but after rereading my previous posts, I just wanted to make certain that folks knew I wasn't intending to make fun of folks choices for personal expression. That being said, I can assure you that in spite of whatever has been reported I categorically deny ever having met or been in a car with that woman, whether or not she actually exists. I was actually on a hike by myself in the Appalacian range.
    i...i think yojimbo might be eddie murphy...

United Kingdom
    Can I judge them then? They're fucking nutters

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Can I judge them then? They're fucking nutters
    its all perspective though dude, your vocal about your love of world war themed games, to other people that can be a sign for someone who kills nieghbourhood cats, i dont of course, but im just saying everythings different to everyone.

United States
    As boring as my uneventful life may be, you couldn't pay me enough money to switch identities with poor eddie. To paraphrase GAR from his cameo in the beginning of DOTD: "Who's managing Eddie Murphy's career, a blind man?"

United States
    Nah, cause Jimbo actually makes me laugh.

United Kingdom
    its all perspective though dude, your vocal about your love of world war themed games, to other people that can be a sign for someone who kills nieghbourhood cats, i dont of course, but im just saying everythings different to everyone.
    Oh of course, my comment wasn't really serious

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Nah, cause Jimbo actually makes me laugh.
    oooh, major mega burn on Murphy by Moon! 10 points!

Oh of course, my comment wasn't really serious
    I got your intention, brother Craig, no worries.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 19-Jul-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just found this, holy fuck thats tempting/awesome.

UV ink only visible when your at a csi crime scene or playing lasertag or something

United States
    Got this a few weeks ago. That was right when I got it

"if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack