Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Miguel A Fool?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Its not a sudden thing, gays have always been persecuted through out history. In an ideal world, there'd be no problem as long as they could hack it I guess. But, those people trying to shove it down the military's throught just to make a political statement or gain fame aren't facing reality, their causing more harm than good.

so is it self hate if the government doesnt allow gays knowing theres prominent people in high places that are gay?

United States
    It didn't exist in the mid-80s, it was a Clinton-era compromise. Just another example of someone who's never served trying to make the military like liberal America.

?
    Wow, I was making a joke. So serious.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    so is it self hate if the government doesnt allow gays knowing theres prominent people in high places that are gay?
    All I'm saying is that everyone likes to point fingers at Uncle Sam for "hating gays" when society can't even get a grip on something like gay marriage. Until a homophobic society relaxes its ass muscles, open gays in uniform are going to be viewed as a disruption to good order and discipline.
    It's a catch-22, that'll take a long time to iron out.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    All I'm saying is that everyone likes to point fingers at Uncle Sam for "hating gays" when society can't even get a grip on something like gay marriage. Until a homophobic society relaxes its ass muscles, open gays in uniform are going to be viewed as a disruption to good order and discipline.
    It's a catch-22, that'll take a long time to iron out.
    yet they let iraqi sympathizers into the military. u see where that got them. some coverted muslim decided to roll grenades into tents when everyone was sleeping

Dead

Undisclosed
    yet they let iraqi sympathizers into the military. u see where that got them. some coverted muslim decided to roll grenades into tents when everyone was sleeping
    Nothing new, ex-Nazis set up NASA and were valuable assets during the Cold War.

I think you should enlist, I'll go back in with you!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Nothing new, ex-Nazis set up NASA and were valuable assets during the Cold War.

I think you should enlist, I'll go back in with you!
    never been to the military and im not ever going. not enough money to go get my head blown off.

United States
    but they'll pay you to blow off other people's heads....

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    but they'll pay you to blow off other people's heads....

eh no thanks. if im going to fight in a war,i want to at least like what im fighting for and be able to get it free. the idea of fighting an oil war and still having to pay for gas is just crazy. so no im not going.

Dead

Undisclosed
    eh no thanks. if im going to fight in a war,i want to at least like what im fighting for and be able to get it free. the idea of fighting an oil war and still having to pay for gas is just crazy. so no im not going.
    Looks like Miguel was a better man than we gave him credit for.

Like what you're fighting for? Man, you missed the boat and fell off the dock on that one.
    Last edited by jim102016; 16-Nov-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Looks like Miguel was a better man than we gave him credit for.

Like what you're fighting for? Man, you missed the boat and fell off the dock on that one.

ok so you go then. im not fighting an invisible army so some texas dullard who happens to be the president of the states can sit back and watch his bank account grow. "brave" my ass. who are we fighting?

Dead

Undisclosed
    ok so you go then. im not fighting an invisible army so some texas dullard who happens to be the president of the states can sit back and watch his bank account grow. "brave" my ass. who are we fighting?
    I see your point, well taken. But, if everyone felt that way, there'd be no one in uniform at all. Not everyone loves every president, not everyone loves every policy the military has, etc. Those in the ranks aren't always happy, but somebody has to stand guard on the wall every day regardless. For instance, I didn't care for a certain draft dodger as commander-in-chief but what can you do?
    Last edited by jim102016; 17-Nov-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    I see your point, well taken. But, if everyone felt that way, there'd be no one in uniform at all. Not everyone loves every president, not everyone loves every policy the military has, etc. Those in the ranks aren't always happy, but somebody has to stand guard on the wall every day regardless. For instance, I didn't care for a certain draft dodger as commander-in-chief but what can you do?

well said,bro. also, i thought u couldnt go AWOL and even hold a job at mc donalds after. yet someone becomes president. real nice.

i see it like this,theres not enough money they make a year to go get shot for free. they have billion dollar contracts with the government and can only afford like 45,000 a year per soldier. i smell a rat. also,if they mention the word "draft",im gone.

Twitching

United States
    Here's my problem and my outrage,
    There should be no need to say this but I will anyways. I'm heterosexual, happily married to a lovely woman 8yrs my junior and have only know three people who happened to be homosexual/bisexual well in my whole life.

We have people who feel a love for their nation, powerful enough to make them willing to lay down their lives in service to that great love. People willing to wade through horrors and witness atrocities that would make most of us start screaming and never want to stop, all so we can sleep peacefully in our nice warm beds watching our favorite programs Tivo recorded for us.

It is an offense to the ideals we as Americans profess to stand for that these brave men and women should ever be made to feel anything besides our deep and abiding respect, along with boundless gratitude for the sacrifices they make.

I despise the current Operation Iraqi Oil Liberation as much as the next anti-gun control hardcore liberal. I have nothing but respect, gratitude and awe-inspiring admiration for all our service people. How can it not disgust us as a nation that such patriots are treated so unjustly?

Oh, Miguel was definitely a fool. Feeding yourself to zombies? Yea, ok.

United States
    The character of miguel was a mentally shatered, weak, defeated soldier.
    The actor that portrayed miguel was a FAIRY!!!

Dead

Undisclosed
    well said,bro. also, i thought u couldnt go AWOL and even hold a job at mc donalds after. yet someone becomes president. real nice.

i see it like this,theres not enough money they make a year to go get shot for free. they have billion dollar contracts with the government and can only afford like 45,000 a year per soldier. i smell a rat. also,if they mention the word "draft",im gone.
    Had he run to Canada or posed for a picture on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, I don't think he would have been elected. Altering some paperwork after he'd been trained wouldn't have been so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Here's my problem and my outrage,
    There should be no need to say this but I will anyways. I'm heterosexual, happily married to a lovely woman 8yrs my junior and have only know three people who happened to be homosexual/bisexual well in my whole life.

We have people who feel a love for their nation, powerful enough to make them willing to lay down their lives in service to that great love. People willing to wade through horrors and witness atrocities that would make most of us start screaming and never want to stop, all so we can sleep peacefully in our nice warm beds watching our favorite programs Tivo recorded for us.

It is an offense to the ideals we as Americans profess to stand for that these brave men and women should ever be made to feel anything besides our deep and abiding respect, along with boundless gratitude for the sacrifices they make.

I despise the current Operation Iraqi Oil Liberation as much as the next anti-gun control hardcore liberal. I have nothing but respect, gratitude and awe-inspiring admiration for all our service people. How can it not disgust us as a nation that such patriots are treated so unjustly?

Oh, Miguel was definitely a fool. Feeding yourself to zombies? Yea, ok.

Anti-gun control hardcore liberal? I see what you're saying, but society's attitude has to change as a whole first. It is a shame, it'll take some time.

Miguel was an idiot, he should have died helping John save Sarah and McDermott.
    Last edited by jim102016; 17-Nov-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost