Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Sneak Look at the First Teaser Poster!!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Oh, come on people!! This sounds good? A plot about how humans chain up the dead inside their houses and continue to live their normal lives?

Yes GAR people ignore problems. We F*#KING GET IT!!!!!!!

I'm sick of blowing 90 minutes of my all to brief glimpses into the Dead universe following the lives of complete idiots. No one - NO ONE - would be so stupid as to harbor the living dead and pretend they are fine. It's just so goddam implausible!!

Halfway through this movie Peter needs to land in the chopper, blow the piss out of all the zombies, give a quick nod to the stunned humans, and fly away. That would make this movie more like Dawn. Not f'in stupid people doing f'in stupid things for an f'in stupid message.
    They're out in the sticks right? You've seen Deliverance I gather? not exactly Darwin material. Isolation can some times do that.
    Dawns far from idiot proof, like getting your blood pressure checked when surround by zombies, just wouldn't happen.
    Once Bitten, Forever Smitten.

United States
    My stance is that I don't want to see a movie full of idiot protagonists making lame-ass decisions on the road to not surviving. Make the situation and the zombies work for it a bit. I want to feel the jaws of the situation closing in on me even as the characters make seemingly good decisions. Not wonder why the heck I'm watching such a group of knuckleheads in a desperate situation of their own making.

If the main protagonists are explained away as idiots because they are living out in the sticks, ala Deliverance, then simply set the movie where less idiotic people live.

Dawn did not portray any of the protagonists as idiots. The blood pressure cuff guy was someone GAR wanted us to see as an idiot. The apartment dwellers were portrayed as idiots to set the stage for why society fell.

Likewise, Night & Day did not portray any idiot protagonists. Yes, there were idiots in the movies, but not the ones we were pulling for. Sarah, John, Bill - those guys had good heads on their shoulders. And Ben - heck, that guy was as intelligent on the night it all started as any Dead protagonist since.

For all my Land-hating even Land didn't portray Riley and his group as idiots. They weren't making the best decisions, but they weren't idiots. Charlie, who was outright called an idiot, was perhaps one of the best survivalists in all the Dead movies.

Diary... well, okay, it was full of idiots.

I really hope that Whatever of the Dead has some non-idiots in it to pull for.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    The apartment dwellers were portrayed as idiots to set the stage for why society fell.
    Yet the authorities were demonstrated to be even bigger idiots.

It helps to check your ego at the door when viewing these films, then you might not miss so much.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

It helps to check your ego at the door when viewing these films, then you might not miss so much.
    Why do you assume that because he didn't metion it, he missed it?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

You're absolutely right Dubious. The entire scene served to display the authorities, the people... the entire society... as too idiotic to survive. That and the news studio were very well-used time in the film to establish the fall of society.

But the focus of the movie is on the people who fled those scenes. We focus on the non-idiots. It's my hope that the new movie has enough of those non-idiots to keep me from having to gouge my eyes out watching people who keep houses full of zombies and think that's perfectly normal.

As far as checking egos goes, it takes one to know one. Neener, neener, neener. I know what you are but what am I?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I just thought about it, and... I would probably keep my family around even if they were the undead (not too far from it, either). Like Ed in "Shaun". Of course this is coming from the guy who has over fifty imaginary friends...