Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: does Land kinda blow?

United States

Land of the Dead...

I loved it . I think It had elements that suit GARs vision , really all that matters is that some people enjoy it ...I think that is evident here . Try watching it with GARs' commentary , you may enjoy it and learn something .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    I loved it . I think It had elements that suit GARs vision , really all that matters is that some people enjoy it ...I think that is evident here . Try watching it with GARs' commentary , you may enjoy it and learn something .
    HELL YES!
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think the only one who can judge Land the same way we judge Night, Dawn and Day is a person who has yet to see any of them films and is in his young teenage years.

Personally, Day is Romero's masterpiece to me, whereas I view all of Romero's works to be masterpieces.

Masterpiece:
    1. An outstanding work of art or craft.
    2. The greatest work, as of an artist. Also called masterwork.
    3. Something superlative of its kind: a masterpiece of political ingenuity.
    That implies three different meanings of the word. Not that they are all the same.

United States
    Land of the Dead

... is one of the worst entries into the Zombie genre; period. It was horrible in every sense of the word. I walked out of this film just thanking god for Dawn 04, Shaun and 28 Days Later (The 3 best entries in the genre in the last few years)

I'd rather watch The Fog remake than this garbage.

-

I also think people throw around the 'Political Commentary' sound-bite too often like GAR is some genius autuer makeing a statement. All he is doing is making Zombie films; there is nothing hidden in the plot and it is doubtful he is saying anything interesting.

It is the critics who invented that legend.

It's a low budget zombie horror film; and LAND is one of the worst one's ever made.

-

The Return of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead are my two favorite Dead film'd ever put on screen to put this post in perspective.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I think the only one who can judge Land the same way we judge Night, Dawn and Day is a person who has yet to see any of them films and is in his young teenage years.

Really? So many people out of there despise DAY so vehemently.
    I think the only one who can't judge Land the same way we judge Night, Dawn and Day is a person who has yet to see any of them films and is in his young teenage years.
    I'm moving your same accusation against you, since it's a mad assumption, to begin with.
    I've watched all the movie countless times (DAWN under the "form" of ZOMBI) and I say that LAND is at least on the same league of the previous three.
    So WTF? Are you the popular jury? NED = GENERAL CONSENSUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I walked out of this film just thanking god for Dawn 04 (The 3 best entries in the genre in the last few years)
    That explains quite a bit about your tastes!
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 10-Dec-2006 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Really? So many people out of there despise DAY so vehemently.
    I think the only one who can't judge Land the same way we judge Night, Dawn and Day is a person who has yet to see any of them films and is in his young teenage years.
    I'm moving your same accusation against you, since it's a mad assumption, to begin with.
    Yes, there's alot of people out there that hate Day for the same reason alot here hate Land. Both were hyped to the point where it was beyond salvation. A teenager who would first be introduced to all the films in a near future would watch all of them with an open eye, with no real hype to live up to.

Mad assumption? Only if you don't give it enough thought, I guess.

Super Moderator

UK
    *cough* 28 Days Later isn't a zombie film *cough*

Seriously - none of the infected ever die in the process of being transformed into rabidly angry people. Just because it has the stylistic trappings of a zombie film, doesn't make 28DL actually a zombie film. It's a plague movie.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yes, there's alot of people out there that hate Day for the same reason alot here hate Land. Both were hyped to the point where it was beyond salvation. A teenager who would first be introduced to all the films in a near future would watch all of them with an open eye, with no real hype to live up to.

Mad assumption? Only if you don't give it enough thought, I guess.
    I NEVER cared about the hype. Even when I was a teenager, back in the day.

United States

Day & Land ....

I never saw any commercials for "Dawn of the Dead" or "Day of the Dead" . It was friends that said :'Oh shiest , you GOTTA see this !' Night of the living Dead was on tv late one night , I was 9 or 10 years old , it scared the bejesus outta me . I saw Dawn at midnight movie showings here in Maryland back in 81 or 82 .My friends and I would get beer ,( Had a friend that was 18)420 before going in , sneak the beer into the theater ... Its always funny to remember how we opened the cans or bottles in the theater by coughing when we opened them to camoflauge the sound . Then they would roll down the the floor incline ...Once we took some windowpane , man that viewing was really good .I remember leaving the theater in the mall and it was almost empty , it creeped me out .I digress . I only saw the trailers when I bought the dvds .Anybody that doesnt like Day o.t. Dead or Dawn 78 shoudnt waste thier time by coming here to insult them . Day is a horror masterpiece , and well Dawn ,what can I say ? Seems some just run out of things to to contribute ,and rag on stuff to get peoples attention . I love 28 Days later , I have room in my mind to appreciate variables in the style .I just dont have preconceptions about a movie before I see it .
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *cough* 28 Days Later isn't a zombie film *cough*

Seriously - none of the infected ever die in the process of being transformed into rabidly angry people. Just because it has the stylistic trappings of a zombie film, doesn't make 28DL actually a zombie film. It's a plague movie.

your fighting a loseing battle man.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

your fighting a loseing battle man.

Love your image, Hellsing...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Land of the Dead

... is one of the worst entries into the Zombie genre; period. It was horrible in every sense of the word. I walked out of this film just thanking god for Dawn 04, Shaun and 28 Days Later (The 3 best entries in the genre in the last few years)

I'd rather watch The Fog remake than this garbage. -Welcome to my ignore list poopy pants ...

I also think people throw around the 'Political Commentary' sound-bite too often like GAR is some genius autuer makeing a statement. All he is doing is making Zombie films; there is nothing hidden in the plot and it is doubtful he is saying anything interesting.- GAR himself has said that he does make statements about society ... What the hell does a child know about life anyway ? Hes not saying anything interesting because you dont understand what he is saying .

It is the critics who invented that legend. -Blah blah

It's a low budget zombie horror film; and LAND is one of the worst one's ever made.---Quality goes way over your head ... Fast food intelligence .

-
    The Return of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead are my two favorite Dead film'd ever put on screen to put this post in perspective.---The perspective of a deep yawning chasm of imaturity and selfish opinion ...

Blah Blah
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Super Moderator

UK
    pfft, it's been discussed before I know - and many people are on my side, because the infected in 28DL are just that - infected, nothing more. Not once do any of them die in the process of being converted - essentially what the infected are is rabid humans - it's basically a rabies movie - hence, plague movie.

As for the incessant back and forth about whether Land is or isn't good, agreed, it's been discussed back and forth ever since it was released 18-friggin-months ago... I think we all know by now where we each stand on the issue.

*grumbles because the weather keeps f*cking up the Sky signal*

United States
    ...Night of the living Dead was on tv late one night , I was 9 or 10 years old , it scared the bejesus outta me . I saw Dawn at midnight movie showings here in Maryland back in 81 or 82 .My friends and I would get beer ,( Had a friend that was 18)420 before going in , sneak the beer into the theater ... Its always funny to remember how we opened the cans or bottles in the theater by coughing when we opened them to camoflauge the sound . Then they would roll down the the floor incline ...Once we took some windowpane , ...
    You're experience is similar to mine.
    I saw Day on opening day. Wed at 1 PM. I did a buttload of blotter and it was a heavy experience. Pilato, already larger than life, took on massive proportions. I thought I was going to have a heart incident when the Zombies started eating the guts at the end. Enetering a bright theatre in that condition was enough to blow your mind on that alone. Wierdness.
    Coughing when popping beers. Heh heh. I used to do that.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Once we took some windowpane, man that viewing was really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I saw Day on opening day. Wed at 1 PM. I did a buttload of blotter and it was a heavy experience.
    Saw 28 Days Later at the theater on 'Shrooms. Loved it!
    Last edited by capncnut; 10-Dec-2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Doublemerged Autopost