Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A 3rd of those who choose to challenge anti-social behaviour are attacked/threatened

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Booming economy eh? We're on the brink of a crash-dive here in the UK, you can sense it on the horizon. Labour seems to neglect the old saying of 'the higher you rise, the further you have to fall' ... methinks that'll be coming true ... sadly.

And what cop is it when first time buyers can't get on the housing ladder - let alone FLAT ladder - because every property worth anything has been gobbled up by greedy property developers doing up old gaffs to make them into posh white-walled second homes to people who are already on the property ladder ... just a grievance that sprung to mind.
    Don't know every countrys economy by heart, but the Nordic countries as well as Germany are just doing better and better. Tho Norway isn't apart of the EU.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Don't know every countrys economy by heart, but the Nordic countries as well as Germany are just doing better and better. Tho Norway isn't apart of the EU.
    Of course you don't, wasn't meaning you should, but was just adding that in as I felt a sudden gripe riling up my back.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    EU won't become a unified entity. But as for economic booming and trade, we're already seeing the benefits. As an economic superpower, it's only a matter of time.
    Thats all well and good,but we've been like that for years,theres no need for all this talk of EU national anthems,EU armies,EU gendarmary etc
    But anyway,its christmas day so il try & keep my political head away

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thats all well and good,but we've been like that for years,theres no need for all this talk of EU national anthems,EU armies,EU gendarmary etc
    But anyway,its christmas day so il try & keep my political head away
    EU might need to combine it's military strength together should China or Russia start warmongering. But other than that, there's absolutley NO need for it.''

EU gendarmery is just unnecessary. We already have our own police.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I don't own a gun, but I'm certainly sympathetic to those who do own them. Because the ones who have them legally have had to go through a course to legally own one, and thus respect what a gun can do. The thugs who want them and use guns illegally will get them no matter what. Banning guns from the "good" folks only gives the "bad" ones that much more freedoms to use it.

Again, I don't own a gun, but I have seen things begin to break down -- mostly morals and attitudes between strangers. Which is why I've started carrying pepper spray. It's legal, and it can spray up to 8 feet. It won't kill thugs like a gun will, but it will sure put them on their asses in a hurry. My wife has some; so do my folks. It's the next best thing to a gun, and you can carry it whereever you go -- even on your keychain.

I'll never go anyplace without one ever again...
    “Writing is easy. Just put a sheet of paper in the typewriter and start bleeding.”
    – Thomas Wolfe