Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: September 11th

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    Those of you who are talking about cashing in on 9/11, if you remember correctly, the US "cashed in" on 12/7/41 and the Jews are "cashing in" on the holocaust.

Sometimes things happen that MUST be avenged; things like 9/11 or the Pearl Harbor attacks or the Holocaust (never again; remember that?) Constantly bringing up the tragedy is necessary, as most of the people in the US a) think the WTCs were in some other country probably, or b) think we're the bad guys anyway and we deserved it, or that we planned it.

So every year on 9/11 we are reminded. Some of us, myself included, don't need any aid in remembering, but I guess others need to be reminded why we are fighting the war on terror; they actually DID attack us one day in September.
    I agree 100%.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    bub666

Aint looked much at what happened, have you?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by brer View Post
    I am in the camp that the actions were caused by the saudi bombers, but that our government had knowledge of it ahead of time and chose to allow it to happen for it's own political ends.
    There is evidence that they were told it was going to happen ahead of time, so to my thinking they either:

a) didn't believe it
    b) believed it but couldn't stop it
    c) believed it but didn't try to stop it

I'm not sure which I think is the most likely though.

Those of you who are talking about cashing in on 9/11, if you remember correctly, the US "cashed in" on 12/7/41 and the Jews are "cashing in" on the holocaust.
    How do you mean?
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    As for possible prior knowledge, I'd sooner think arrogant "pfft, that won't happen to us" ignorance ... AS WELL AS (importantly) - a series of failures in security and paying attention across various aspects of society involved that day, as in security at the airports, not having the cockpits properly secured pre-emptively long ago "just incase" and so on.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As for possible prior knowledge, I'd sooner think arrogant "pfft, that won't happen to us" ignorance ... AS WELL AS (importantly) - a series of failures in security and paying attention across various aspects of society involved that day, as in security at the airports, not having the cockpits properly secured pre-emptively long ago "just incase" and so on.
    Aye, that seems the most likely... I've heard that American airport security used to be a bit of a joke.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    the Jews are "cashing in" on the holocaust.
    I don't think I've ever seen a sweater with a gaudy design of a concentration camp with some corny slogan sprawled across it in sparkling letters.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the Jews cashing-in on it the way that some are doing with this.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Aye, that seems the most likely... I've heard that American airport security used to be a bit of a joke.
    That's the impression I've gotten too, and that's certainly where the plot could have been stopped entirely - if their knives had been found, they'd have been confiscated and/or the culprits would have been arrested/detained/whatever.

Also - it just makes sense to have the cockpit like a fortress, if a bad guy gets in there, everybody's f*cked - it's odd how that wasn't common sense from the early days of aviation.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Thread closed as it became a slippery slide into kookish conspiracy inanity.