Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    "Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah, c'mon get down wit' da sicknezz!"

For some reason this song plays in my mind whenever I see this piece of s**t trailer. I've watched it twice now and will never get those 2-3 mins back again...

Funny you say that. i am listening to numb by disturbed right now
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    somebody can tell me what the **** is saying this man??
    i understand something about"we donīt have nothing to do with this outbreak"... i really hope they donīt put a f***** typical scientific reason for the plague.it will be stupid. very very stupid. i want the script. i want to read. i reaaaallly hope the script donīt ***k up with the whole dead origin thing.
    more capshots

jumping zombie:

nick cannon vs a scientist zombie

a cool shot(one of the few):

spoiler:

thatīs bud.it seems he is fighting with other zombies... i am very pissed by this screenshot.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    At 1:25, is that a zombie running up/across a wall??
    i thought so, hence my Le parkour comment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    actually I hear the slow piano version of that tune when I see Ving...lol
    heh, richard cheese rocks.
    Last edited by p2501; 23-Oct-2006 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah the third screen cap was cool seeing the zombies dragging body parts and sh1t. However, it doesn't make up for the other 1:59 of sh1t on screen.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i had to be honest and while i think the cast,plot and script stinks...theres some of the action and exterior secuences that looks ...well not great,not phenomenal,but almost ok.but the thing that bothers me is the plot and script .it looks like the same old **** is re-releasing again and again.itīs always the same plot.this king of movies make sme think how great land was.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Woah, you guys are not looking forward to this new film one bit. I've just learned to look at each of these new Zombie films as a stand alone film in its own right. Try not to compare it George's work because NOTHING will ever be good if you judge by those standards.
    I ditched that philosophy when a certain trend came into effect...RIPPIN GEORGE OFF!

You can't look at a remake as a standalone. That's pleading ignorance.

United States

Undisclosed
    Running zombies, no clue as to the plot, and a bunch of "scare" shots... the perfect follow up to YAWN04 and Contagium!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    thatīs bud.it seems he is fighting with other zombies
    BUB

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

BUB
    yeah,but jeffrey reddick has renamed the character from bub to "bud"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by creepntom View Post

That's right, we are bitching, moaning, grumbling & whining. And more to the point, we have every damn right to bitch, moan, grumble & whine. While some may not consider the original "Day Of The Dead" GAR's best (not I, I love it), it is a "classic" zombie movie & leaps & bounds better then most other zombie films that have been released over the years.

When they are taking a classic work & "remaking" or "revisioning" it maybe it would help to follow the story somewhat . I think that is a big reason for the bitching, etc..

From the cheesy dialog to the inane screaming, leaping, running zombies, to the obvious attempt to throw another MTV generation turd our way, this teaser has only made my dread at hearing of a remake of Day Of The Dead that much worse .

Like most of us here, I will see this when it comes out. From the teaser it looks like it will be 1.5 to 2 hours I'll probably want back but I'll have to see for myself. Like rubbernecking an accident on the highway, you know you shouldn't look & should keep you attention on the road but curiosity turns your head in that direction anyway.

Administrator

England
    Definately wonder why it should have the title "Day of the Dead" when it's so far removed from the original!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Definately wonder why it should have the title "Day of the Dead" when it's so far removed from the original!
    to cash in silly.

it generates nominal buzz within the horror fan community that someone is "remaking" classic. Buzz = discussion which in turn = the potential for a better opening weekend.

it's all a marketing angle.

Quote Originally Posted by creepntom View Post

if that's the level of counter point that your bringing to this, you've just catagoricly proven my point that your retarded.

now troll elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

BUB
    don't knock it, at least that barf burp spared you from watching more of the trailer.
    Last edited by p2501; 24-Oct-2006 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    I ditched that philosophy when a certain trend came into effect...RIPPIN GEORGE OFF!

You can't look at a remake as a standalone. That's pleading ignorance.
    Even as a stand alone... it sucks.

I have no problem with DAWN because other than a mall and zombies nothing was the same.

In this 3 characters are named after Day characters, and quite frankly the cinematography, and the trailer in which I watched screams schlock fest.

Come on, did they need to add the sex scene in the trailer. I don't have a problem with sex in horror films if it fits the purpose. Like DAWN 04 it was ok because it was showing how each person was passing time trying to ignore the problem.

IN this it looks like it was thrown in to just put T&A on the screen. It's cheesy and not needed. Also, so help me god that is we find out the guy impregnated her and she has a zombie baby I will freak the f u c k out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    only a retarded will make a script of "day of the dead" with the begginings of a infection.i f one good health brain man has the oportunnity to write a script reimaginig day,the last thing he does is begins the infection from day one. Not only that.Reddyck even want to find reason of the disease.if you look closely to the first images of the ****ing trailer,you could see a "no trespassing "advice.later inthe trailer a scintist says that:"he donīt has nothing to do with the origin of this outbreak".thatīs suspicious...i think all the scientifics issue has to do with a origin of the infection and not the find of a solution ...is all related to a virus.itīs more a dawn of the dead 04 remake.the good news isthat the same month we have a date with a zombie movie that looks better:Planet Terror,witch has more in commond with the romeroverse and Day of the dead:he has Savini in the cast and Nicotero on the effects.
    i really hope that the movie will go to the dvd video market..if not iīm sure the movie will fall at the boxoffice.i īm not gonna see in the theatre. this is not a remake is a desesperate intend to make profit over the rights of the "day of the dead" title without any involvement of someone with talent or love for the genre. The thing that more bothers me is.. why they donīt call a good director who likes the original??thereīs lots of people that could have make a good remake. rob zombie(if he can make a halloween...)Roger Avary(he loves the romero saga and he almost directs the dawn remake).
    iTīS difficult to make things such a bad way. Steve Miner dont understand nothing and he give us a "dawson creek"vibe zombie movie with a script write by final destination mediocre JR.