Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im guessin' your a ghost recon player huh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    k, after finally finishing the game i gotta say, while impressive im many ways and with lots of replay value, i think i prefer stubbs the zombie on the xbox myself.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im guessin' your a ghost recon player huh?
    I am a Ghost Recon player, yeah . And I do the same thing in GR with clearing a path . I've usually got myself on the high ground somewhere covering the advance or retreat .

k, after finally finishing the game i gotta say, while impressive im many ways and with lots of replay value, i think i prefer stubbs the zombie on the xbox myself.
    I really liked Stubbs as well but personally, I had more fun & continue to have more fun with Dead Rising. I think that Stubbs would have benefitted if it had achievements to shoot for like Dead Rising .

United States
    The more I play, the better it gets. The closer to lvl. 50 you are, the less you want to use weapons. You turn in to like a super human with all the moves you learn.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    The more I play, the better it gets. The closer to lvl. 50 you are, the less you want to use weapons. You turn in to like a super human with all the moves you learn.
    Yeah, I like using the unarmed moves alot as well. That actually lead me to being able to get the "Zombie Genocider" achievement. I stayed in the Entrance Plaza at the very beginning & killed 700 + zombies with my bare hands. I wanted to work towards the "Karate Champ" achievement. When I got to the Security Room I had missed the first Case Files & didn't have to do them for the rest of the game. Gave me time to go to the maintanence tunnels & rack up numerous kills .

Wait till you get the Real Mega Blaster !! I love using that !! It's a huge help when you are transporting surviviors to the Security Room.

Dying

Undisclosed

Help! Help Me! DR Help!

Is it just me that's having a really hard time with this game? Understand, I'm a long time video gamer and I completely dig new games.

But DR is really a pain. Its hard to read what's on the screen (seriously, the little icons for the controller are unreadable), I'm having trouble finding the way back to security room, when I find survivors and get them to join they won't follow and (to top it off) I keep getting killed. I've only been able to find two save points (one right when you walk out of the courtyard back into the mall after shooting it out with Carlito (that was a pain in the ass of a boss level) and the Sec Room which I can't seem to find again.

Make no mistake...the game is COOL. But its getting very frustrating. I also don't know how to use waypoints at all. Sigh.

United States
    Geo I know how you feel, a few things to note:

-Every bathroom is a save point.
    -Use the waypoint option to guide survivors (hold R trigger, point to where you want them to go, and hit Y)
    -Hold survivors hands or carry them, if the option is given
    -Give survivors good weapons, like guns, chainsaws, sledge hammers, etc.
    -Just remember to go to Cams Camera shop in Paradise Plaza, to the right of it there is a door that leads back to the security room
    -Make sure you kill the psycho clown in Wonderland Plaza, you get the mini-chainsaws, they rule

Once you learn the mall layout and level up a bit (at higher levels CDs are like shurikens), the game becomes much more fun. You run faster, you're more powerful, and you can unlock some cool stuff.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 25-Sep-2006 at 09:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    k, so ive just got both snuff shot achievements and finished 'the facts' case and now its about 1:00am and the armys appeared, what the hell do i do now and were did the 30 people i saved go?

United Kingdom
    how do you get the maintenance tunnel key

United States
    k, so ive just got both snuff shot achievements and finished 'the facts' case and now its about 1:00am and the armys appeared, what the hell do i do now and were did the 30 people i saved go?
    What you have to do is survive till 10:00am when you should be in Carlito's Hideout to meet with Isabella. The special force soldiers may seem hard to defeat but when you run into them use Adam's chainsaws & that will handle them with no problems. Then you can take their machineguns to use against the zombies.

To rack up more kills you can use the time until 10:00am to go into the Maintenance Tunnels & just mow down zombies. Take the red car from Lesuire Park & at the bottom of the ramp go left & follow the tunnel to it's end at Seon's Food & Stuff. Take the truck & follow the tunnel to Paradise Plaza where there is a white car. Just use the map that I posted previously in this thread. Just be careful not to break down in the middle of the tunnels. Makes it very difficult to get out unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dommm View Post
    how do you get the maintenance tunnel key
    Have you done the "Bomb Run" mission yet ?? After you get the 5 bombs out of the tunnels & if you have some extra time (you don't need too much) you go back into the tunnels with the red car. At the bottom of the ramp make a right turn & then make your first left turn. Go a short distance & make another right turn. You'll see a door ahead of you. Go into the room & in the back to the right is the tunnel key. There is also a sub-machine gun to the left & some food items in the cardboard boxes.

United Kingdom
    bomb run mission completed

cheers will look for that key tonight. have any of you been on the heliport and still ended up with ending C. I mean I was actully on the heliport and still didnt get a different ending??

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    after playing through three times id love to see a sequel but from a non zombie fan gamer i can see how my freinds said "meh, kinda boring", its too fast and too slow in places in equal measure, if you like zombies but cant shell out for a 360 i sugggest stubbs the zombie or resident evil 2.

best survival horror of the 90's.

with silent hill 2 the only one better but thats not zombies so shhh!

United States
    I finally got the damn "Frank The Pimp" achievement. What a pain it was to get but it's finally done .

Now all I have to work on are the 5 Day & 7 Day Survivor achievements that you get in "Infinate Mode". From what I've heard you need to have a good 14 hours of play to get those achievements . Here's wishing for a miserable weather day one of these coming weekends .

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Dead Rising newbie

Dumb question...but where do I find the Uzi??

I rented the game so I don't have the manual and It's a hard game
    when you can't read the words much less try and figure out where items are.

Thanks!!!

United States
    There is an uzi in the fountain at Al Fresca Plaza.