Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderman reboot is go...

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, I definitely recall him doing this a bit in the first movie and I thought even the 2nd film. Maybe I have to re-watch those two.
    Yeah, I probably should have been clearer. He had a few one-liners and whatnot in the Raimi films, but in the comic books Spider-Man almost never stops talking. I just got done reading Amazing Spider-Man 666 and in it he's invited to an Avengers-only poker game for the first time. Most of the Avengers state that he's never been invited before because his spider sense almost worked like a lie detector, but Wolverine comments that they also never invited him because he never shut up.

The clip they showed during Comic-Con with Spider-Man trash talking the robber while he's kicking the crap out of him was perfectly toned. I have high hopes for this movie.

Administrator

England
    Looks like they're ready to roll on no.2 already!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50703
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Unless this one fails. Then it will be another reboot in 2014.

I'm looking forward to this one, though. It doesn't look quite as campy as Raimi's.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Aug-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Mmmmmm ... Emma Stone.

As for the trailer ... hmmm ... ... I don't know about that.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Mmmmmm ... Emma Stone.

Going to be interesting to see if they can offer anything better or more interesting than the last 1st one, which IMHO was a very very good super hero flick

Some aspects of this new one just feels off to me. For example, this casting:-

That said though, these comments are very +ve - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53346
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    looks pretty dull honestly. generic action flick acting with a art direction thats trying to make spiderman like the dark knight.

Undisclosed
    I will check this one out for sure. I am glad the Lizard is finally going to make an appearance.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Same here. I'm willing to give it a chance for multiple reasons, but that trailer didn't exactly get me excited....
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Feb-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    It's just so damned unnecessary at this point.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, a total reboot only a few years from the last series of films is probably the worst part of it all. If anything, they probably should have tried changing directors/actors and continued where Raimi left off. Kinda how they've always done with the Bond series or even when Shumacher took over the Batman films. Continuing the franchise may not work well(Shumacher), but it's at least better than throwing out a reboot within only a few years.

They could have easily put Andrew Garfield in for McGuire and make this story a continuation from the earlier films. Hell...the look isn't all that different. Other than being a bit darker, of course...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not unnecessary, just bad direction. they are trying to make spiderman as dark and gritty as batman. who was dark and gritty because he was batman in the main role.

this is the amazing goddamn spiderman he is neither dark nor gritty.

Undisclosed
    Yup, I agree just another generic action movie. Out of all of the comic book superhero movies, the only ones I found interesting was Dark Knight and Spawn.

Milk and Cheese is the one comic book that deserves to be made into movie. They are true heroes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    not unnecessary, just bad direction. they are trying to make spiderman as dark and gritty as batman. who was dark and gritty because he was batman in the main role.

this is the amazing goddamn spiderman he is neither dark nor gritty.
    I admit that I'm not very knowledgable about Spiderman's source material or different incarnations, but what exactly screams dark, gritty, and batman about this trailer? As I mentioned earlier, this actually looks fairly similar in tone to Raimi's films, if i'm honest. It may be a slight bit more on the "serious" side and less campy than Raimi's, but nothing about this seems like an imitation of Batman. If anything could be called "darker" it's probably just the visual aesthetic because this seems to take place more at night while a majority of Raimi's were during the day.

As I said earlier, they could have easily made some alterations and called this Spiderman 4. It's not THAT different from the previous three. But nothing about it brings Batman to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich
    the only ones I found interesting was Dark Knight and Spawn.
    The Spawn cartoons or the live action film from the nineties? If it's the latter, that film was a disaster of biblical proportions. Batman & Robin levels of bad...
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Feb-2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As I said earlier, they could have easily made some alterations and called this Spiderman 4. It's not THAT different from the previous three. But nothing about it brings Batman to mind...

The Spawn cartoons or the live action film from the nineties? If it's the latter, that film was a disaster of biblical proportions. Batman & Robin levels of bad...
    A la crapfest Superman Returns? No thanks. No Tobie, no dice. I don't mind a reboot now, just don't let me down.

And pffffft, whatever. I thought Spawn was pretty dang sweeet.