Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valve- "one l4d character won't survive the passing"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    It's out now... Anyone up hit me on xbl.

Unfortunately i couldn't join you this morning but we were definitely up waiting for it.

But since we're on each others friends list feel free to join me anytime.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Sods law says this is the day that my modem stops allowing my 360 to connect to the internet.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Sods law says this is the day that my modem stops allowing my 360 to connect to the internet.

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    You've gotta be kidding me. Is it ethernet or wi-fi?

Did it happen before or after you downloaded the passing? Or did you even get to?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    I have it remotely queued, so I just have to flip on the 360 when I walk in the door and hope for a smooth connection/download!

Good luck on resolving the situation, Hells. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU, indeed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I have it remotely queued, so I just have to flip on the 360 when I walk in the door and hope for a smooth connection/download!

Good luck on resolving the situation, Hells. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU, indeed.

Is that because you purchased it on x box live?

I've always been way of the "pay now get later thing". Any problems with it in the past?

Undisclosed
    Im kind of disappointed. It does not live up to the hype or potential.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Im kind of disappointed. It does not live up to the hype or potential.
    ...of what?

I've yet to play it but its just an extra campaign as long as dead center right? what else where you expecting?

Undisclosed
    It is by far the shortest campaign... It's over before you know it. And the meeting is

S P O I L E R

SUPER BRIEF
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Anyway, gonna nip down the offy and have another go when I get back. I'm interested in checking out the mutations so if anyone wants a round, 'gis a shout.
    just back from putting monies in the bank good sir, downlaodin' it now. This crackas fat ass is ready for some zombie redeadening!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It is by far the shortest campaign... It's over before you know it. And the meeting is

S P O I L E R

SUPER BRIEF

Agreed. And there's no bigger left 4 dead booster than me but honestly there was nothing there that knocked my socks off.

It's a new campaign so it's a change for the norm but just like crash course no one will be playing it in a couple of months.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    Dunno about that, me and Hells just rocked an eight hour sesh and had a blast getting all the achievements. Can't wait for the next mutation!
    Touche'.

Factoid:

On your next playthrough, check on the second level in the same building with the suitcase full of pistols and money. if you read the graffitti in one of the rooms it says:

Roger,

gone to the mall

Francine

Of course no one i was playing with got the reference but it was super cool to see that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    It feels half and half, almost all of it is in some way recycled. be it world assets from the original left 4 dead and half life 2 to the new uncommon which would appear to be the same a.i as the removed screamer without its boomer allotted function. I understand the function of forcing you to give chase, risking separation of the group in exchange for useful bonus items but when its function is the same as something already talked about by valve 2 or 3 years ago it feels lazy, not supremely lazy, i just feel that they may be putting more effort into the left 4 dead dlc and the left 4 dead 2 dlc is just a teaser of things to come.

Now i enjoyed it, it is most definitely a higher quality campaign than crash course and very well made for versus and the final scavenge run is a hoot compared to stuff like the easy ending to swamp fever or dull ending to the parish which rendered the main focus of the game moot in favor of a zerg rush.

Cap' and i played it for a fair few hours and got it down to about an average of 30 minutes a run, but its got some variance we rarely saw so i can only imagine some of the replay value. Heres just some bullet point pro's i noticed.

Unique weather, including stormy weather different to hard rain, including swirling clouds of brown dead leaves obscuring your vision. also fog and mist can make the game a clear night time affair or a early morning misty run where you barely see a crouched shadow before a hunter gets you.

A.i assistance that isnt part of the player group - Having francis and zoey watch your back at a higher angle for the finale, shooting z's whilst you fill the generator if your separated from the group added an element of "someones got your back" that was lost in the transition from the first to second game in the series. It sort of reinforces my idea that in left 4 dead 3 we will have groups splitting up with some providing support, like maybe two on turrets whilst two collect batteries to power a makeshift winch to raise a closed steel sheet door.

As i said before, the game, in particular the first chapter the waterfront is MADE for versus, the middle, the sewers, not so much but the first and third chapters are gonna be majorly fun in an 8 player l4d party game.

Some things i noticed that irked me: Reusing a lot of dialogue soundbytes from l4d for zoey, no variants, so no smokers in a lakers jersey, or female boomers just the original models, bar the witch bride, and thats it. The middle portion is hard, but not fun, running in the dark from an alarm should be fun and action packed, but when theres only a straight line to follow and nothing but zombies b-lining it for you it turns into a crappy gauntlet flashback instead, honestly the sewers in no mercy did sewers better than this.

Honestly its 500pts, about £4 thats half a cinema ticket and 2/3rds of a magazine so for the constant updates we will be getting in the new mutation gamemode, the now inclusive community blog and general ingame fixes its well worth it.

Still stings to know valve wants to give us this for free, but hey, last i checked there was only one console i could play it on and it aint my ps3.

oh well, steam for Mac this month, bring it on

Super Moderator

United States
    Honestly its 500pts, about £4 thats half a cinema ticket and 2/3rds of a magazine so for the constant updates we will be getting in the new mutation gamemode, the now inclusive community blog and general ingame fixes its well worth it.
    I agree with this. For such a small price it all seems worthwhile to add yet another scenario to run through with my friends. I would have liked to have seen Valve pull out more stops and deliver something I felt as though I had never realized I was missing, but the end product is still solid in my opinion.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Overall i was pleased with it but you can tell it was a new map by how easily everyone kept dying. I must have ran through that versus about 20 times and made it to the saferoom on the first level maybe twice.

I haven't been with a team other than my regular mates who have made it to the saferoom on the second chapter or to the escape vehicle on the 3rd. Although, I fully expect people to start folmulating strategies and exploiting glitches in no time.