View Poll Results: What Should the Group Have Done With Randall?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Execute Him

16 55.17%
  • Release Him further away from the Farm

4 13.79%
  • Release him as a new member of the group

0 0%
  • Keep him under guard for now

7 24.14%
  • Attempt to return or ransom him directly to his group

0 0%
  • Use him as bait for an ambush on this other group of survivors

2 6.90%
  • Other (explain in thread)

0 0%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

Germany
    Carl needs to be straightened out.

He really is the reason Dale got killed, and Carl will likely get someone else killed too. He stole a gun from that motorcycle bag and left it with the zombie. Something tells me someone is going to go for the gun in the bag when they need it and it won't be there.

United States
    If this dude went to school with Maggie, just have her dig out her yearbook. She's a chick, so you know she bought and kept it. Find out if Randall is in fact who he says, first. If he's not in there, well... you got some explaining to do, son.

Twitching

United States
    It's difficult for me to understand why they're backing off on good sense here,
    Randall is OBVIOUSLY not the sort you can turn loose. Releasing him has all the pitfalls Lori & Andrea mentioned. There just isn't another feasible option, they all know it, but they don't want to face up to the reality now that Dale's dead.

Sort of weird, but there...

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Why is Randall particularly bad?

Yeah, he lied to Carl. Sorry, but being tortured/imprisoned and waiting for them to get the nerve to execute him gives him carte blanche to lie his ass off in any way he thinks will help him survive.

Can't believe people are taking moral offense at that. Maybe, you know, before they tortured him, he shouldn't lie. After that he can kill a few people during his escape and I can't really blame him.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    Why is Randall particularly bad?
    Running with rapists and thugs who send out advance guards to try to weasel and threaten their way onto Herschel's farm, and gleefully trying to gun down Rick, Herschel, and Glenn.

Sorry, but I'd kill that little twat for shooting at me, too. Actually, I'd have never saved his ass when he impaled himself on the fence, but that's another discussion.

Undisclosed
    Good episode,though I still have some trouble with the overall writing on the show.
    Rick does go quite fast from 'let's save the poor injured kid from the walkers even though he just shot at us' to 'there is no other option then to put a bullet in his head.' I would like to have seen that handled a bit better. At the moment there is just no way for the group to be absolutely sure this kid will put them in jeopardy.
    Now this is TWD, so the chance little Randall is a lying weasel and that he will become a threat is very big but still,...

It's like Dale said (paraphrasing); should they kill this kid for a crime he might not even commit? I think no.
    Sad to see Dale go as well. Just like JD said; he's one of the very few on the show willing to stand up for what he believes to be true, wether you agree with him or not. The majority of this group came across as cowards. In the end Rick has to take responsibility.

Had no problem with all the moralising this episode. (at times the dialogue felt like reading one of the threads in this forum) It's 'quiet' moments like this that will make the inevitable explosion of violence that will (i guess) be part of this season's finale hit all the harder.
    Had no problem with Carl's actions either. In a world like this the kid's actions rang true. Though he did behave like an asshole, that's what kids often do, even in the 'real' world. Plus, as Bassman pointed out; when he sat there eying Randall that was the Carl we all know from the comics.

BTW; had it been me being tortured, blindfolded, almost executed I'd do anything to get the hell out of there ... Just suppose he had good intentions all along. After this episode they would be gone, by the groups own doing.
    Last edited by krisvds; 06-Mar-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: .

Fresh Meat

United States
    I sure didn't see that coming either. Oh well, now maybe they can have T-Dog do something more important than be the token black guy.

United States
    My take:

It should've been Shane, not Dale.

Carl has become an insufferable little prick. Hopefully he feels completely guilty for what he did to Dale (indirectly, I guess). He should be next... after Shane.

ALL of the humans are starting to piss me off. I find myself rooting for the zombies now rather than the humans. F*ck 'em.

I'm still not that impressed with where Season 2 has gone and is going. Started off strong, then meandered looking for the little girl - and now I feel like they're just wasting time being on the farm. They need to move things along. I'm getting bored.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfast41 View Post
    I sure didn't see that coming either. Oh well, now maybe they can have T-Dog do something more important than be the token black guy.

Sadly I think that is what the T stands for, I find the lack of use of the character frustrating and annoying. I do not particularly care for him but I was not given a chance or a reason to. He is a non-entity.

England
    Has he even had any dialogue since cutting his arm way back on the highway?

Not really fussed on him to be honest, but they should kill him off or give him more to do and make him a bit more interesting/involved in stuff, because he does look like the token black dude at the moment...not good for him, not good for the show.

-- -------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Running with rapists and thugs who send out advance guards to try to weasel and threaten their way onto Herschel's farm, and gleefully trying to gun down Rick, Herschel, and Glenn.

Sorry, but I'd kill that little twat for shooting at me, too. Actually, I'd have never saved his ass when he impaled himself on the fence, but that's another discussion.
    I think we saw the real Randall when he smashed that female walker...nasty woman hating side going on there...the sort of mentality that you'd expect from a guy who runs with thugs, murderers and rapists.

(I voted to mallet the fucker, he'll bring danger down on the group)
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Has he even had any dialogue since cutting his arm way back on the highway?
    "Who the hell is that?!?"(referring to Randall tied up in the car). Not much dialogue other than that.

They said on Talking Dead that the cow Dale discovers was originally supposed to be one of the group, but they changed it in the eleventh hour. I wonder if that was meant to be T-Dog lying dead but they decided to keep him on after Dale's departure due to Jeff DeMunn demanding out of his contract? It almost appears like that could be the same thing with his obviously very serious wound in 201. Perhaps Darabont had intended for him to go early in this season, but after adjusting/deleting/reshooting due to the scuffle, they've decided to keep him on longer and he has nothing to do with current story?
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Mar-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: .

England
    Thats pretty interesting, Bass. I don't follow anything other than the show itself, so I'd not heard that.

Still think it's a pretty shoddy way to treat the actor though...the farm girls have had more dialogue and input into the group than he has lately. The only person more unused is the lad who lives on the farm, can't even remember his name..."token farm kid" or something.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I'm getting bored.
    Yeah, you and Dave Navarro.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Even though I liked Dale,having him gone will leave room to grow the other characters. It always bugs me when I see this in TV and movies. Things are much more interesting when each character has episodes that feature them. We've seen shows focusing on most of the others, fleshing them out to be real people. I also noticed in Dale's case,even though he wasn't featured specifically as Daryl was,for example, he did play a large part in a lot of episodes, so the net effect was to flesh him out ,too. T-Dog and the others need this treatment as well. I think it will improve the show. One more obvious thing I just notice rewatching the episode right now,lol. This one features Carl quite a bit and shows more about him and how the zombie apocalypse is affecting him. Yeah, he's being a little jerk, true, but kids are pretty adaptable, and this behavior strikes me as realistic for a boy his age in that situation. LOL This hits me as funny...These people have obviously never seen Night of the Living Dead,or they would know what not to do... like taking refuge in a farmhouse out in the sticks
    Last edited by fishfast41; 06-Mar-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add something

England
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfast41 View Post
    Even though I liked Dale,having him gone will leave room to grow the other characters. It always bugs me when I see this in TV and movies. Things are much more interesting when each character has episodes that feature them. We've seen shows focusing on most of the others, fleshing them out to be real people. I also noticed in Dale's case,even though he wasn't featured specifically as Daryl was,for example, he did play a large part in a lot of episodes, so the net effect was to flesh him out ,too. T-Dog and the others need this treatment as well. I think it will improve the show. One more obvious thing I just notice rewatching the episode right now,lol. This one features Carl quite a bit and shows more about him and how the zombie apocalypse is affecting him. Yeah, he's being a little jerk, true, but kids are pretty adaptable, and this behavior strikes me as realistic for a boy his age in that situation. LOL This hits me as funny...These people have obviously never seen Night of the Living Dead,or they would know what not to do... like taking refuge in a farmhouse out in the sticks
    In fairness to the obnoxious little brat, his "formative zombie education" came from Shane...who we know isn't the most compasionate or decent sort of guy.

Sad thing is, he was just a little kid before the last episode, this last one turned him into a total monster for a lot of folks it seems. (although he did say he would have chopped down Sophie in a previous episode which showed how he was becoming a product of his enviroment)