View Poll Results: Which do you prefer more?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day

36 83.72%
  • Land

7 16.28%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Day or Land

Spain
    I voted for Day, but Land, is a good movie. Land needs a few more zombies, but, I liked it!. I don't remember the name of the black man police, but I think that he is the coolest guy of the movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just finished Land, and it's still awesome.

Aside from #9, my favourite zombie would be the cop/security guard zombie in the booze store. That guy had the zombie vibe down, brilliantly done.

There are quite a lot of zombies in Land, but many of the shots focus on smaller rabbles of zombies. But when they swarm out of the water you see the scale, and those really wide top-down shots of the streets. It'll be down to limited budget for effects shots that kept the massive crowd shots down, but you get a sense of the scale.

But think about it, in Day of the Dead where zombies are 400,000: 1, you don't see that many. The crowd in the Florida street is fairly big, not epic, just large...then the gang of zeds at the gate, again, large but not epic - so even in that film, which was originally to be the big extravaganza, skimps on the zed volume you could easily say.

A lot of criticisms Land has been given can easily be leveled at Day, thus bringing me back to the reason why the haters hated Land was because they were expecting something, and particularly expecting the first three movies - all of which couldn't be more different from one another, which brings me back again to - so Land is essentially the same as the others, because it's so different from the others.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If he'd just done Dawn 2 it would have been properly disappointing...and hence why Day bombed when it was originally released, people were expecting Dawn 2 ... with Land, the haters were expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2 ... and they can "oh it just sucked" as much as they like, but you flat out know that my statement is true...at the very least for some.

I was expecting something different, and even from the trailers/preview clips/just hearing about it - it was plainly obvious it was going to be different, just like all the others were different from each other ... so you could, in a way, say it's the same as the others in a sense.

Anyway, I'm off to finish Land.
    I was NOT expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2. But I was expecting a well constructed movie that made sense. Land was most definitely not that, and that's why it sucked.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I was NOT expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2. But I was expecting a well constructed movie that made sense. Land was most definitely not that, and that's why it sucked.
    What didn't make sense? Wait.....don't answer that...

I smell a rotting carcass of some sort.....

United States
    If he'd just done Dawn 2 it would have been properly disappointing...and hence why Day bombed when it was originally released, people were expecting Dawn 2 ... with Land, the haters were expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2 ... and they can "oh it just sucked" as much as they like, but you flat out know that my statement is true...at the very least for some.

I was expecting something different, and even from the trailers/preview clips/just hearing about it - it was plainly obvious it was going to be different, just like all the others were different from each other ... so you could, in a way, say it's the same as the others in a sense.

Anyway, I'm off to finish Land.

You appolgists claim you like the movie. Good for you. Quit assuming you know why we don't. Obviously we don't see the movie quite the same way. End of story.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Golly Gee I can't beleive Land actually got 4 votes. Also Clanglee right Land was not that great. I mean it was almost Fail IMO.

Also the soundtracks of Dawn and Day are easily the best soundtracks of the series ever.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    What didn't make sense? Wait.....don't answer that...

I smell a rotting carcass of some sort.....

I know, it makes perfect sense. There's nothing that doesn't make sense about it, because unlike Yawn04, you can't watch Land with your brain shut off with your cock in the popcorn waiting for your date to touch your wang.

United States
    I liked Day. I may very well have been expecting Dawn 2 when I saw Day. Yet when I saw Day I was like "wow, that was different... cool."

The first 3 movies *were* all different in many ways. No one could've expected Night/Dawn/Day 2 - to do so would've been expecting 3 different movies.

But the originals were the same in one notable way - each had an intriguing story with well constructed plot. And, yes, the Land-haters expected that Land would deliver the same. But it didn't. It just didn't. "You flat out know that my statement is true." I spent half the movie questioning the events, the setup, and the motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    You appolgists claim you like the movie. Good for you. Quit assuming you know why we don't.
    You see, clanglee, they are clairvoyant. Like Bid Daddy was. They understand why we dislike Land better than we do. And they just know who the villain is, where he is hiding, and in the end are just looking for a place where everyone loves Land.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    You see, clanglee, they are clairvoyant. Like Bid Daddy was. They understand why we dislike Land better than we do. And they just know who the villain is, where he is hiding, and in the end are just looking for a place where everyone loves Land.
    they'll have to walk underwater across a riverbed to get there, which shouldn't be a problem either.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You know....you guys can snicker about our opinions and defense of Land all you want, but at least we were talking about the film and not throwing out little back handed insults.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    You know....you guys can snicker about our opinions and defense of Land all you want, but at least we were talking about the film and not throwing out little back handed insults.

ad hominem attacks are always easier than rational debate.

i like land, as i like all of romero's zombie films (and most of his other flicks as well) but day is my favorite film ever. i have nothing major against land. i simply prefer day.

there is something about big daddy that seems to excite the worst in some persons on this board. is he annoying? yes, most definitely. is it worth getting your panties in a twist and getting nasty over? most definitely not.

you can't watch Land with your brain shut off with your cock in the popcorn waiting for your date to touch your wang.
    speaking from experience here, MZ?
    Last edited by Mike70; 30-Nov-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    there is something about big daddy that seems to excite the worst in some persons on this board. is he annoying? yes, most definitely. is it worth getting your panties in a twist and getting nasty over? most definitely not.

I think EVERY person that likes Land agrees that Big Daddy was not executed correctly. The idea was an awesome one, but somehow they didn't get it to come out right. Maybe if it were a different actor, but I don't know.

On Eugene Clark's IMDB page there is a thread titled "ARRGGGHHH" and that's basically all it consists of. Yet somehow, alot of people seem to think he did a good job with the role. Takes all kinds, I 'spose.

United States
    You obviously went into this conversation with the wrong expectations and that's what ruined it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    ad hominem attacks are always easier than rational debate.
    Oh, you would say that.
    (now you gotta admit - that's funny!!!)

And about the film...

I actually didn't mind the Eugene Clark acting. And while I didn't enjoy it, the idea of an intelligent zombie didn't kill the movie for me. My dislike is firmly rooted in the bad plot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You obviously went into this conversation with the wrong expectations and that's what ruined it for you.

I suppose that was an attempt at humor.

Oh well. Land is just getting the same wrap that Day got upon it's release. Over time, Land will be considered a worthy entry by most just like Day.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Oh, you would say that.
    (now you gotta admit - that's funny!!!)

i fail to see what is funny about that? please reach into your bag of ineluctable logic and enlighten us.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."