Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Snyder's Army of the Dead (Netflix 2021)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Well, wouldn't be a zombie flick if it wasn't.
    But releasing a film with a jingoistic president in October 2021 is gonna make it feel dated real fast.
    Is it that the backstory is the events are partly the fallout from the actions of a jingoistic president (i.e. a failure to tackle a pandemic properly ), and this is set some time after that, or is it that said jingoistic prez is an active character in the story?

Either way. A year (almost) after Trump was finally booted out is gonna make it, probably, feel a bit 'after the horse has bolted'.

Administrator

England
    From another article:-

This time around, however, it looks like Snyder will be going old school with a zombie more akin to something you would see in one of George A. Romero’s classic Night of the Living Dead, but with a twist.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    From another article:-

This time around, however, it looks like Snyder will be going old school with a zombie more akin to something you would see in one of George A. Romero’s classic Night of the Living Dead, but with a twist.
    That actually scares me.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    That actually scares me.
    What? The, "with a twist" bit?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I can only imagine what "the twist" will be.

Super Moderator

UK
    They merely jog? Oh wait, do they fly? Do they crawl on piss weak ceiling tiles? Do they insta-rot? Do they talk? Are they vegan? Do they cancel you instead of bite you?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    I can only imagine what "the twist" will be.
    They DO NOT scream like dinosaurs, and DO NOT get misty eyes the moment they turn into zombies? That would be a twist to most modern zombie flicks
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    What? The, "with a twist" bit?
    Yessir. I can only imagine.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    I got to the 40 second mark.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    Looks like a CGI crapfest.

Administrator

England
    Ummm... In a world gone zombie apocalypse, what is the point in risking your life for money?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I got to the 40 second mark.
    And you only had another 13 seconds to go.

Ummm... In a world gone zombie apocalypse, what is the point in risking your life for money?
    1) It looks like this will be set quite early in the ZA? Unless it'll be another "what happened" montage and then fast forward a bit ... in which case, yeah...

2) On the other hand, in the words of the real Dawn of the Dead - "You never know". Or, indeed, in Land of the Dead, it was used to establish a micro economy for interconnected settlements.

Rising

United States
    Such a thing could only happen during the earlier stages of such a catastrophe. So, no wonder that in Dawn and Land money still has value and people will still take risks in order to acquire it. Whereas in Day money is found among debris and trash in the long abandoned decayed streets, a useless relic from a bygone organized society that gave it meaning and value.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And you only had another 13 seconds to go.
    13 seconds too long Mini.

Hey, I tried my best.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....