Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season finale - "TS-19"

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    ...and make it 24 episodes this time please AMC, FFS!
    Hell no! Thirteen episodes is the perfect number for a season for a drama. Six is too
    short, but a full network-style season would lead to alot of filler eps.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Undisclosed
    I would normally be inclined to agree with you... Even season 1 of Heroes (probably it's most consistent ) suffered and the 1st couple seasons of lost suffered... To try and pump 24-27 episodes a year is just difficult at best.
    That's a lot of work and QC standards and consistency of writing in a large staff becomes a problem.

That being said even if they stuck to the comic book verbatim from here on it would take at least 6 years to catch the comic if the seasons were 24 episodes long. One of the main reasons shows like Lost or Heroes have with keeping a shows consistency over a 24-27 episode season is they have to dream alot of the arcs and stories up on the fly.. Forget polishing it.
    Not the case here... I think this could be the first show that could actually run the grueling 24 episode season and hold the same relative quality as it has source material to draw from.
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 06-Dec-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: .
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Ireland
    Agreed. If they stuck to the source, they could do 24 eps standing on their heads. The thing is already written and is far superior to what the TV writers have produced so far.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I keep reading the opinion that the comics are vastly superior to this first season. Considering the few issues this season covered, I think the series did a much better job at telling a story. It fleshed out the characters and made it a much more engaging story. These issues of the comics were basically pretty pictures and gore for the gore hounds. No reason to care for Rick or his quest, really.
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Dec-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: .

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildogger View Post
    I wasn't crazy about the episode. I don't think the explanation about the re-animation was clear enough. To the casual viewer, it would reinforce their assumption that the bite transmits a virus that causes death, then reanimation. This is not the case. In this universe, just like George's, death by any means will cause the dead to rise. The cause is unknown, and should remain that way.
    What was good was that there WASN'T an explanation. The Doc straight up said he could not figure out what was causing people to re-animate. It's better left ambiguous.

As far as having general populous think that people only turn into zombies when bitten/scratched/whatever, this is bound to happen amongst people, but I think the reason they haven't revealed that ANY means of death = reanimation is because they'll have this be a surprise moment in season 2.

My thoughts on the episode as a whole - it was pretty good but far from great. Loved the ending, though, leaving the casual viewer with the thought of "What are they going to do now? The CDC was their only plan."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    glad they didnt kill off the hot chick

Undisclosed
    Did write-ups for every episode this season for anyone who is interested:

Here

United States
    i've actually read all those already. don't know who you are, but you're a friend of the pizz (your site is linked in his sig), so you've gotta be halfway cool

welcome to the boards.......don't mind the minor civil war breaking out around here these days...

Undisclosed
    Pizz is my personal man-boy. We like to ruin parties by getting drunk and arguing about Dawn Vs. Day of the Dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    After just re-watching this episode, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dylan at the end. Tomorrow Is A Long Time was a nice fit for the season closer.

I'm also glad there is no definitive time frame for the dead to reanimate. That puts an end to that age old debate.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    After just re-watching this episode, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dylan at the end. Tomorrow Is A Long Time was a nice fit for the season closer.

I'm also glad there is no definitive time frame for the dead to reanimate. That puts an end to that age old debate.

By making the time variable, they can make a variety of horrifying reanimation scenarios.

If they need a fast or slow reanimation, they can do it and remain canon.

Norway
    I disliked this episode thought it was clichéd and boring. Everything that went on inside the cdc could have been dealt with in ten minutes and we could have more focus on Shanes flashback and the group getting out of the town. The scientist was evil. Woohpti doo what a surprise. And somebody needs to tell Darabount that suicide is not beautiful, rational or dignified.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really fail to see where this "evil scientist" thing is coming from. There was nothing evil about him. He was doing what he thought was best. It's not like he was fucking corpses and talking to his "mother"....

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Maybe those that hate this episode can back to supporting Romero more recent and inferior work and leave those of us who enjoy the hell out of this series to talk about it in great lengths without hearing a bunch of BS about being cliched this or cliched that... Wanna talk cliched???? Watch anything Romero produced from LAND to SURVIVAL
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Have to agree with those objecting to the scientist being called "evil"...he was broken, damaged and beaten. He only stuck around because he made a promise to his wife (who he watched die, re-animate and then had to put down himself...all while taking scientific notes).

He also probably had a far bigger grasp of the sheer scale of the situation as well, he watched the lights go out...not just in his neighbourhood like most survivors, but all over the whole planet (and at some of the best prepared and safest places to be based), I don't believe he was exagerating when he called it an "extinction event".

I felt sorry for the guy, at worst he could be called misguided or defeated...not evil in my view.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 07-Dec-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon