Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game) - Oh dear!

Undisclosed
    Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly-clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But, let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly-clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them.

Well maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!!!
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Feb-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^^ lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    If this game HAS been delayed because of WiiU, that's just the absolute nail in the coffin of me not buying the damn thing. I've never seen a system so bereft of games since the Sega 32X..and yes..I had one of those.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    If this game HAS been delayed because of WiiU, that's just the absolute nail in the coffin of me not buying the damn thing. I've never seen a system so bereft of games since the Sega 32X..and yes..I had one of those.
    Sooo....because they could be adapting the game to a system you don't like, that means you will refuse to purchase the game for your preferred system?

Super Moderator

United States
    For you guys following the game development, is it looking good overall? I mean good buzz from early access etc. and good impressions fromn what you know of the people producing the game?

If it's decent I'll give it a shot. Who didn't want more Colonial Marines after seeing Aliens?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sooo....because they could be adapting the game to a system you don't like, that means you will refuse to purchase the game for your preferred system?
    Noooo, just another reason for me not to buy a WiiU..sorry, having a derpson morning, shoulda made that clearer.

I'm sure that a developer wouldn't hold out all copies of a title just for one system..surely not..then again, Nintendo could be throwing alot of money at them..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    For you guys following the game development, is it looking good overall? I mean good buzz from early access etc. and good impressions fromn what you know of the people producing the game?

If it's decent I'll give it a shot. Who didn't want more Colonial Marines after seeing Aliens?
    All I've heard/seen is good - fanboy pants around the globe have been soggy for months.

United States
    Agreed, I was really worried it was going to be a Halo style reticule game, but when I saw that ADS was added, I was sold. Hopefully, you won't be holding the pulse rifle up to your cheek the whole game though, and maybe run with it across your chest or sling that baby, that's one of my last beefs with first person nowadays.

edit: full disclosure. when i was in middle school, my best friend and i would run around outside or in our houses when our parents were away playing this and predator. dead serious, predator was easier because of the cloaking ability, but aliens was funner because i could use a lazer tag hit sensor as a motion tracker.

so yes. this is one geek excited as hell for a proper aliens universe game, even if it stretches the credibility of the atmosphere processor going nova a bit.
    Last edited by childofgilead; 11-Feb-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: edit

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post

edit: full disclosure. when i was in middle school, my best friend and i would run around outside or in our houses when our parents were away playing this and predator. dead serious, predator was easier because of the cloaking ability, but aliens was funner because i could use a lazer tag hit sensor as a motion tracker.
    I did the same thing. I always had to be Hicks or Hudson. Which is funny considering what happens to Hudson....

United States
    hahahaha..now I don't know if I should feel relieved that I'm not alone or bummed because I'm less unique now..my sister was totally Newt.

Super Moderator

UK
    We never had laser tech or anything, but as a kid me and my mates would play Aliens, and Terminator as a matter of fact, but we'd all fight over who got to be Kyle Reese or who got to be Hicks.

United States
    I used to yell at my cousins because they wouldn't play right..one in particular would always say "and then I go" whenever we woudl do anything, either a sword duel or whatever..what can i say, he didn't know how to play rigvht, subsequently, i didn't like playing with him.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We never had laser tech or anything, but as a kid me and my mates would play Aliens, and Terminator as a matter of fact, but we'd all fight over who got to be Kyle Reese or who got to be Hicks.
    Reese?

Jesus, we all wanted to be the Terminator.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Reese?

Jesus, we all wanted to be the Terminator.
    Funny in a way, I know, but we all wanted to be the really cool hero dude ... and Michael Biehn is one cool dude.