Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: the "what song are you listening to now?" thread.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    it's all about ALIVE II!!!
    No way Jose.

BUT THE PISTOLS PWN THE CLASH
    Very true. That's why I play Never Mind The Bollocks almost daily.

Super Moderator

UK
    I have four Travis albums in my collection, they're good too! I don't listen to them that much now, in fact barely have in the past few years (recently did a one-whisk tour through my Travis collection when I was revisiting music I'd listened to back in the day - "The Man Who" was the best Travis album I reckon).

...*rolls eyes at the childish sniggering*...

Whateva...minga ... ... (anyone get that reference? )

Cold Play, when they're not playing music, are a bit up their own arse, I completely agree - "afford to be Liberal" is my estimation (and call your kid a real name, not after a friggin' fruit ya numpty! What will the next one be "Pear"?) ... but their music is pretty decent (their recent album wasn't too hot though, some good tracks, but A Rush of Blood to the Head was great).

And Snow Patrol are quality, just cos they get a lot of play, doesn't mean they suck, just means they've got a lot of people listenin', and they make a great sound.

My musical tastes are wide and varied ("expanding faster than a whore's vagina" ... to quote Brandon DiCamillo ... there, some crudity to butch it up for the likes of Hellsing, Liam and Capn )...

capncnut
    Right now I am listening to Malcolm McLaren "Duck Rock" and straight after that it's gonna be "Album" by PIL. Damn, I've been on the PIL's a lot lately.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Right now I am listening to Malcolm McLaren "Duck Rock" and straight after that it's gonna be "Album" by PIL. Damn, I've been on the PIL's a lot lately.
    You always mention the good s**t. Props!
    Malcom McClaren is a huge douche. Though he was involved with good records, I wouldnt say made, becasue he makes records like Rob and Fav of Milli Vanilli did. or didnt.
    Back in the early 80s we used to break to Buffalo gals
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    thing is MZ, when youve been listening to such intense, well written and/or produced music as nine inch nails, the verve, sex pistols, old metallica, black sabbath, joy division, radiohead, dead kennedys, pink floyd, led zeppelin etc (basically any rock group of any kind over a decade old) the jangly fairweather meanderings of snow patrol just dont cut it...

all of those bands i mentioned have sold wayyyy more than snow patrol too, we aint just tryin to obscure music listening chin strokin posers here
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    thing is MZ, when youve been listening to such intense, well written and/or produced music as nine inch nails, the verve, sex pistols, old metallica, black sabbath, joy division, radiohead, dead kennedys, pink floyd, led zeppelin etc (basically any rock group of any kind over a decade old) the jangly fairweather meanderings of snow patrol just dont cut it...

all of those bands i mentioned have sold wayyyy more than snow patrol too, we aint just tryin to obscure music listening chin strokin posers here
    OK, I'll admit it. I like Snow Patrol. I like some sappy music. It cant be a Sledgehammer all the time. I feel like such a fruitcake admitting that

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Liam - what do sales have to do with quality? :smug git smiley:

It's all a matter of personal taste, and I'm all over the shop, today I've been going through early White Zombie that I downloaded (I think WZ 1989 onwards is my cup-o-zombie-tea preferably).

But I think we can all agree that twats like Paris Hilton and that rehab-hopping-whats-her-name ... Lohan ... can get f*cked with their pro-tools developed gargling. They don't even have to be in key for cryin' out loud ... no wonder someone had the good sense to throw trash at that slag Hilton when she was at some crap mall event to promote her wonky eye...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

It's all a matter of personal taste, and I'm all over the shop, today I've been going through early White Zombie that I downloaded (I think WZ 1989 onwards is my cup-o-zombie-tea preferably).

But I think we can all agree that twats like Paris Hilton and that rehab-hopping-whats-her-name ... Lohan ... can get f*cked with their pro-tools developed gargling. They don't even have to be in key for cryin' out loud ... no wonder someone had the good sense to throw trash at that slag Hilton when she was at some crap mall event to promote her wonky eye...
    You have to be somewhat in range for the pitch correction app to not sound too artificial. God help me, but I was surprised at how good That slags CD sounded. Im not saying she can sing but she couldnt have been too far off. I have used various pitch correction technology so I know how it works.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    You can slap roses and kittens all over a mound of fetid sh*t ... but it's still a mound of fetid sh*t...

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol no, i thought you were saying we hate snow patrol because they sell loads, not because theyre crap, was just pointing out that most of the bands we mutually dig on hpotd are millionaires
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    nah mate, hehe, I wasn't meaning that - I meant, just because they sell loads doesn't mean they're no-talent Paris Hilton's (in general, not in the perception of folks here at HPOTD) ... did that make sense, or do I sound as sleepy as I feel?

Er ... ... lol, maybe I should take Snow Patrol's advice and "open my eyes"...

Kazakhstan
    lol sleepy indeed, i'm agreein witcha...

pink floyd = nuclear bomb huge sellers, but f***ing great group...

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    Coldplay and Snow Patrol are a load of old testicles. It's the OLD s**t man, I'm telling ya!

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Back in the early 80s we used to break to Buffalo gals.
    Hey DJ is where it's at but I'm partial to a bit of Double Dutch.

"And they might break and they might fall,
    but the girls of New York City don't.
    They just start again, start again.
    Hey Ebo, Ebonettes!"
    Last edited by capncnut; 02-Mar-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    speaking of old **** since unlocking the song on guitar hero 2 ive been listening to carry on my wayward son by kansas, i think it was a favourite of my dad's when i was really little or something so its engrained in my memory, but you cant beat a bit of white trash rock every now and then

Kazakhstan
    wasnt pantera's cowboys from hell the last level on guitar hero?

listening to;

le tigre - deceptacon.

at first i was like "wtf is this", but im listenin to it on loop now. angry shouty girl with what sounds like joy division style bass and weedly-eedly keyboards. i loikes it...

THE LEISURE HIVE