Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: " Police" at the dock?

United States
    great alternative theory philly and as the others are, also entirely possible. On your second comment, it wouldn't be the first time that fanatics of the trilogy scrutinized things in the films that are definitely there but GAR didn't do on purpose.
    Who are you calling a fanatic?? I would argue the point, but right now I am planning my trip to the 2008 Pittsburgh Comicon.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh, in that case I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry...

Canada
    My opinion. They were all crooks J/K

Pilto and his men were probably normal people, well hunters or
    sportmen who knew about guns and I think they killed some cops to
    get those uniforms, they knew if they were dressed as cops they would
    get some leeway when it came to the blockaids and raids around the city.
    They raided that docking bay for supplies, probably like Cap said earlier,
    killed the cop sitting at the desk and maybe heard the chopper coming
    and ran for cover, thinking it might be the police and here they are,
    standing over a dead cops body, but once they realized it was just
    non cop chopper they went to see what was what. Played the
    role as cops.
    Don't know what would have went down after, if Roger and Peter didn't come.
    I think they might have killed Franny and Stephen and took off in the chopper. Once they forced Stephen, who was a dope anyways, to show
    them how to handle a chopper.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    My opinion. They were all crooks J/K

Pilto and his men were probably normal people, well hunters or
    sportmen who knew about guns and I think they killed some cops to
    get those uniforms, they knew if they were dressed as cops they would
    get some leeway when it came to the blockaids and raids around the city.
    They raided that docking bay for supplies, probably like Cap said earlier,
    killed the cop sitting at the desk and maybe heard the chopper coming
    and ran for cover, thinking it might be the police and here they are,
    standing over a dead cops body, but once they realized it was just
    non cop chopper they went to see what was what. Played the
    role as cops.
    Don't know what would have went down after, if Roger and Peter didn't come.
    I think they might have killed Franny and Stephen and took off in the chopper. Once they forced Stephen, who was a dope anyways, to show
    them how to handle a chopper.

The way that whole scene was going it didn't look very good for fran and stephen. Those guys looked like degenerates anyway. Like i said they looked way too nervous when pete and roger arrived and seemed to calm down significantly when it was apparent that they didn't want any trouble either.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    The way Pilto says "We're cops" and then the goofy guy says
    "Bull**** man" You just know that's a clear messages that they're
    cops just as much as king kong is a hamster

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The way Pilto says "We're cops" and then the goofy guy says
    "Bull**** man" You just know that's a clear messages that they're
    cops just as much as king kong is a hamster
    I got the same vibe from that line as well. Is was as if he was like, "we're cops REMEBER!!" Just stick to the plan and everything will be ok basically. He was telling his cohort, "dude don't flip out on me now." Like i said earlier, like many instances in the films this scene is ambiguous and open to interpretation. Just gives us a whole lot of ammunition for discussion.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    You could go the other way and say they were really cops,
    paranoid cops who were afraid of being raided by people who
    are in a panic, just wanna get away and will kill to do so.
    Maybe they thought Stephen and Fran were up to something

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You could go the other way and say they were really cops,
    paranoid cops who were afraid of being raided by people who
    are in a panic, just wanna get away and will kill to do so.
    Maybe they thought Stephen and Fran were up to something
    whether they were policemen or not i think that it's very likely that they had something to do with that radio operator's death. It's just too much of a coincidence for my taste.

Canada
    They did act very guilty didn't they.
    I sensed there was more to that scene
    but it never got played out in the movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They did act very guilty didn't they.
    I sensed there was more to that scene
    but it never got played out in the movie.
    Which is precisely my motivation for posting about it. The perspective of others can be very helpful in interpreting things.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    same as last time. just wanna see what the newer members think.

United States
    I don't think they were really police.

United States
    I just realized that I have only seen the extended cut one time, many moons ago, so I only vaguely recall the full scene in its entirety. I should refrain from commenting on it until I get a chance to view it again somewhere.

But, as always, I do have my opinions...

United States
    It seemed to me like some of them may have been "real" cops, along with a group of civilians; they just all happened to be breaking for it, by any means necessary.

Exactly like our four heroes. Roger and Peter were technically legit law enforcement, but they were casting that aside to save themselves alongside two civilian partners.

United States
    OK, thanks to youtube I just saw the extended version of this scene for the first time in years.

I think its apparant that the "cops" were shady. If they were cops, which I dont think they were, they were just trying to escape all the chaos around them. I don't think they killed the people at the dock, they didn't strike me as killers. Thieves perhaps, but not killers.

Pilato seemed keen on keeping his people concentrating on the plan at hand. He dismissed the copter because it wasn't practicle (it couldn't hold them all AND none of them knew how to pilot it) and he showed by being the mouthpiece of the group, that he was perfectly willing to "live and let live" with the fantastic four. His group had a plan and he was making sure they were sticking to it.

What happened to the two bodies already there? I don't know. Maybe it was Romeros way to show that people with like plans had already gone thru there. Or to ratchet up the tension factor by having bodies there. Or maybe they were a part of a previous bungled plan that took place there? In any event, I believe Romero was just trying to show that despite the lack of zombies present, it wasn't a safe place to hang around, so fleeing was the way to go.

It is interesting to speculate on what happened there previously.