Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: U.S. border patrol comes under fire

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    3 words:

NOT.

OUR.

PROBLEM.

Sometimes you just can't save everyone. It's a harsh fact of life.

Do they have a right to seek a better lot in life? Of course they do.

Do we have a right to defend our borders any way we see fit? Of course we do.

Let's see who wins that one.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    3 words:

NOT.

OUR.

PROBLEM.

Sometimes you just can't save everyone. It's a harsh fact of life.

Do they have a right to seek a better lot in life? Of course they do.

Do we have a right to defend our borders any way we see fit? Of course we do.

Let's see who wins that one.

Well in regards to "who wins that one"...everyone loses.

Many people will stop at nothing to "improve their lot in life" especially when they have nothing to lose but their life, which probably is not that great considering they are immigrating illegally.

How much money are we prepared to spend to protect our borders?
    A billion?

10 billion?
    Do we have the money?

How much power are we prepared to give to our government to ensure border security?
    National Identity Cards?
    Checkpoints?
    Profiling?
    Random Searches?
    General increase in military/police presence?

How inhumane are we prepared to be to people whose crime equates to "seeking a better lot in life"?

Camps?
    Prisons?
    Executions?
    Prohibitive displays of violence?

With these types of "solutions" looming it is somehow "Not Our Problem"?

Additionally how is it not our problem when our economic decisions are one of the strongest contributing factors to the state in which these countries are in?

Have you bought diamond jewelry?
    Then your funding rape, genocide, civil unrest in various African countries.

Do you wear clothing?
    Then your supporting sweatshops throughout the world.

Do you drive a gasoline/diesal car, use plastic products, or consume anything in which it relates to energy?
    Then your causing the middle east situation and funding terrorism, in addition to putting various totalitarian governments into power. and a sprinkling of genocide, rape gangs, civil unrest.

Do you consume/use processed products with Starch or Sweeteners in it? (If you get food from a grocery store then you do) Or do you use corn oil/flower/meal? Or Drink Alcohol?

Well then you are contributing to the U.S. government corn subsidies. These subsidies have led to Mexican farms being jeopardized and is the force responsible for depressing the incomes of poor corn farmers.

The point is our actions have consequences...so I do not see how anything that occurs in a country that we do business with is "not our problem".
    Last edited by Terran; 16-Jun-2010 at 06:05 PM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Well in regards to "who wins that one"...everyone loses.

Many people will stop at nothing to "improve their lot in life" especially when they have nothing to lose but their life, which probably is not that great considering they are immigrating illegally.

How much money are we prepared to spend to protect our borders?
    A billion?

10 billion?
    Do we have the money?

How much power are we prepared to give to our government to ensure border security?
    National Identity Cards?
    Checkpoints?
    Profiling?
    Random Searches?
    General increase in military/police presence?

How inhumane are we prepared to be to people whose crime equates to "seeking a better lot in life"?

Camps?
    Prisons?
    Executions?
    Prohibitive displays of violence?

With these types of "solutions" looming it is somehow "Not Our Problem"?

Additionally how is it not our problem when our economic decisions are one of the strongest contributing factors to the state in which these countries are in?

Have you bought diamond jewelry?
    Then your funding rape, genocide, civil unrest in various African countries.

Do you wear clothing?
    Then your supporting sweatshops throughout the world.

Do you drive a gasoline/diesal car, use plastic products, or consume anything in which it relates to energy?
    Then your causing the middle east situation and funding terrorism, in addition to putting various totalitarian governments into power. and a sprinkling of genocide, rape gangs, civil unrest.

Do you processed products with Starch or Sweeteners in it? (If you get food from a grocery store then you do) Or do you use corn oil/flower/meal? Or Drink Alcohol?

Well then you are contributing to the U.S. government corn subsidies. These subsidies have led to Mexican farms being jeopardized and is the force responsible for depressing the incomes of poor corn farmers.

The point is our actions have consequences...so I do not see how anything that occurs in a country that we do business with is "not our problem".
    So which way would you deal with it?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Again, everything you described is happening to them, not us. There will always be haves and have nots. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

The reality is people want these services and don't really give a shit who it's affecting as long as they get them. People are selfish that way.

It's just their shitty luck that they were born where they were. We won the lotto, they didn't , tough shit.

Like riley said in land " that happened to my brother, not me."

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    So which way would you deal with it?
    *shrugs*

The masses would find real solutions an inconvenient change to their desired role in society.
    The ruling and economic elite would find real solutions an inconvenient change to their position and power in society.

Since both of these groups are either unwilling or incapable of understanding causality when it relates to any issue outside of their own societal scope the problems and their associated outcomes will remain.

Given that it is impossible to change the way people strive to mindlessly spend their existence there literally is no workable solution.

So this is how we will, and currently are, dealing with it.....

"Give the people cheaper Tech, Cheaper food, Cheaper fuel, Cheaper Clothes, Cheaper luxuries, and house all these people in a prison to protect them from all their slaves on the outside".

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Again, everything you described is happening to them, not us.
    Whose going to be paying for the walls and the border enforcement?
    Whose going to have their civil liberties "adjusted"?
    Whose going to have to deal with the associated outcomes to exploitative resource/material goods consumption? (Iraq/Afganistan/Iran)

Us....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!