Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's the next big game for you?

Super Moderator

UK
    Call of Duty 4 is going to be set in modern combat, so it'll have some easten areas I'd imagine, but it's all about Cold War 2 kicking off or something isn't it? Cor, bit close to the bone these days isn't it?

Anyway, looks like it should be jolly good fun, but I'd prefer to play it on a PC to be honest, but I know I wouldn't be able to run it on my PC these days, so that's out...hmmm...

The next BIIIIIIIIIG game for me, I'm talking font size 7 if I could be bothered to go and do it , is obviously:

Alan Wake

That's gonna blow sh*t up big style...

But of course, there's GTA:IV ... that's also rather collossal...okay, GTA:IV, then Alan Wake.

Currently the big game for me at the moment is Gears of War, just been having a sesh on it in fact. I was stuck on that beserker at the end of act one, but I had a look on YouTube to see how it was supposed to be done, then I did it 3rd try today (after about 8 tries yesterday )...anyway, it's hella fun, just figured out you can chainsaw chairs and tables and such littering the streets, noiiice, I love that chainsaw-rifle thing, lovely jubbly.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Jun-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That chainsaw weapon is the craziest thing i've ever seen.The animation when you're taking it to someone is just sick. Puts the plasma energy sword to shame really.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    even though its a blatant copyright infringement of warhammer 40,000.

c'mon wether youll admit you liked the stuff when you were younger or not, it is.

and i honestly think im gayer for alan wake (that sound wrong) than i am for gta purely because gta is kidna getting old, its just gonna be more of the same, only with a few updates here adn there, wake on the other hadn is bsically a gta style horror, takes what dead rising started and instead of confining the space makes the though "i wish i could explore the town too" possible, plus its from the guys who made max ****ing payne, if that dont sway ya then your just wrong sir.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    even though its a blatant copyright infringement of warhammer 40,000.

c'mon wether youll admit you liked the stuff when you were younger or not, it is.

and i honestly think im gayer for alan wake (that sound wrong) than i am for gta purely because gta is kidna getting old, its just gonna be more of the same, only with a few updates here adn there, wake on the other hadn is bsically a gta style horror, takes what dead rising started and instead of confining the space makes the though "i wish i could explore the town too" possible, plus its from the guys who made max ****ing payne, if that dont sway ya then your just wrong sir.

I agree with you there. The gta stlye does feel rather dated. Games are evolving into a "you make your own gaming experience" type of thing. No longer are you going to be confined to certain areas and have to complete certain missions in order to bust out of them.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I am now looking forward to Final Fantasy IV DS, apparently the original (now available on the GBA) had 3/4 cuts to the story so the developers are working on including some of them. It'll be cool to see the bomb attack on mist, the Leviathan attack on the boat from Mysdia, Tellahs meteor attack on Golbez and Cecils transformation into a paladin in full 3D.
    Part of the greatness of the early Final Fantasy's was visualising it all but this is close to the original developers vision.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im more excited about final fantasy: crystal chornicles for the ds, muliplayer action fer me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If hells keeps talking it up he's gonna get me excited about the ds.

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed hellsing, if I had to choose between GTA:IV or Alan Wake being my top rated anticipation game, then I'd totally gay it up for Alan Wake. GTA is an old concept, but I really look forward to seeing the new one, see it evolve. Alan Wake on the other hand is a new franchise beginning, and rightly so - it's from the makers of Max freakin' Payne!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What sucks about these games is that while they all sound awesome there expensive particularly when they're new releases. One lterally has to choose between blockbuster games. The only alternative is to wait until they're a little bit cheaper.

Super Moderator

UK
    Wait till they're cheaper, get a demo, rent it out to try, buy it pre-owned...there's a good selection of choices.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Definitely. I'd gues that half my collection is pre owned. If it's not a must have blockbuster game i've been anticipating i tend to wait. It's still the same game a year later and a hell of alot cheaper. I didn't buy the first god of war till' it was added to sony's greatest hits list.

Super Moderator

UK
    I only recently got my SexBox369, so it's all about catching up on games. I bought some new-copy launch/near launch titles and then aye, got Crackdown and Gears of War pre-owned a few days ago.

GOW is awesome and I've played that a fair bit since Friday, but I finally sat down and bashed out an hour on Crackdown - and it's f*cking fantastic fun.