Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My thoughts on Diary...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Although I like Diary, I agree with this. It's a bit heavy handed but people also said this about Land and I think that sometimes they forget about Dawn. Dawn is generally considered THE zombie movie and the favorite of favorites, but that message was right there in your face.

And people say the commentary wasn't intended and didn't come about until later years. I hate to say it once again...but people pick on romero's new entries because they hold the originals so high that they don't want a new spin or something original. They want to see duplicates. Look how people reacted when Day was released...

Whew. Okay...Rant over.
    Hopefully, GAR will live long enough to make several more zombie films so that folks here on HPOTD will look back on Diary as one of the less-message oriented films, like they now do for DAY.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Hopefully, GAR will live long enough to make several more zombie films
    We can only hope he lives to make some more zombie movie.

United States
    Hopefully, GAR will live long enough to make several more zombie films so that folks here on HPOTD will look back on Diary as one of the less-message oriented films, like they now do for DAY.
    Oh my Christ!!! I hope I never look on Diary as one of Romero's less message oriented movies!! That would mean the rest of the movies he makes would come free with a midget poking you in the back of the head every three seconds and shouting the moral of the movie in your ear. You know. . just in case you missed it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Oh my Christ!!! I hope I never look on Diary as one of Romero's less message oriented movies!! That would mean the rest of the movies he makes would come free with a midget poking you in the back of the head every three seconds and shouting the moral of the movie in your ear. You know. . just in case you missed it.
    So ****in' true....!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Hilarious, brother!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    No kidding...

I can see one day going to a GAR movie and...

"Here's your ticket. Here's GAR's manifesto. For maximum viewing enjoyment please complete the commentary pre-reading section prior to viewing. If you'd care to leave your email address GAR will send you additional commentary reflections as historical perspectives change. Enjoy the show!!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    No kidding...

I can see one day going to a GAR movie and...

"Here's your ticket. Here's GAR's manifesto. For maximum viewing enjoyment please complete the commentary pre-reading section prior to viewing. If you'd care to leave your email address GAR will send you additional commentary reflections as historical perspectives change. Enjoy the show!!"

So true. . . so true
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd settle for him living long enough to make a good film.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"