Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Appreciation Thread (nee Highest Blu-Ray Sales)

United States
    This one is kinda long. . but pretty funny.

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Check out this footage from Chicago while they were filming and you can see Ledger in full Joker make up riding around on a skateboard. Something about it is just funny to me. Maybe they'll have it on the next dvd because it looks like they're filming it...

At the :23 mark

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Cool! Erfm, I mean, neat, yeah, looks good.

United States
    someone should change the title of this thread into just "the dark knight appreciation thread"....i think the blu-ray part of the conversation is irrelevant, and and there appears to be lots of TDK stuff to discuss yet.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    someone PM MZ I am sure he will do it. I can't change the title once anyone has replied. HPOTD doesn't give those permissions.

WHICH SUCKS!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    someone PM MZ I am sure he will do it. I can't change the title once anyone has replied. HPOTD doesn't give those permissions.

WHICH SUCKS!
    MZ to the rescue, have some of that in your "smike and pope it" ... which I said last night when talking about the tagline for Pineapple Express, which I got on DVD yesterday.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Cool! Definitely a good movie. - 2D

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    LOL! My deal with the Dark Knight is this....I saw it during its first week in the theater. I thought it was really good. When I got home, I went to imdb to see what kind of feedback it was getting. To my surprise, it was already ranked as the greatest movie of all time !? Surpassing the Godfather which had been number 1 forever. Weeks later, I read some articles that fanboys were signing up at imdb just to vote TDK as number one, and giving the Godfather low ratings to drive it down (which would explain why the Shawshank Redemption also passed The Godfather during this time).

I think this shows that imdb should not allowing any voting on a movie until well after its release date, giving fanboy furor time to die down before ridiculous vote skewing such as this. I thought the Dark Knight was very good, however I dont think it was so good that it should immediately be considered the greatest movie of all time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....the imdb thing is a joke. It's making it's way down the list now. Currently at number five. Which is still too high, imo. It's a good film and definitely one of the best of all the Batman films, but some people are just stretching it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah....the imdb thing is a joke. It's making it's way down the list now. Currently at number five. Which is still too high, imo. It's a good film and definitely one of the best of all the Batman films, but some people are just stretching it.
    Dont know if you saw a thread I started a few weeks (months?) ago about imdb and Dawn of the Dead(1978), but in a nutshell I was complaining that its overall rating was finally high enough to be in the top 250 list, but it isnt there. Upon researching the FAQ on imdb, I found that they have a secret way of deciding what will be in the list and what wont. They go out of their way to say they are not going to explain what that secret way is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Dont know if you saw a thread I started a few weeks (months?) ago about imdb and Dawn of the Dead(1978), but in a nutshell I was complaining that its overall rating was finally high enough to be in the top 250 list, but it isnt there. Upon researching the FAQ on imdb, I found that they have a secret way of deciding what will be in the list and what wont. They go out of their way to say they are not going to explain what that secret way is.
    Yeah....they sound like the MPAA of the internet. "We'll make rules and change them but we won't tell you why!"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    *snicker* "There's sumfink behind you"... *snicker*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just watched it on bluray on my new swankass 1080p big screen tv adn its one hell of a good movie even on rewatches its not lost its charm, bale still bugs me as batman , as wayne i can dig him but still that voice, like a female darts player from hull whos low on her proscribed estrogen pills.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    just watched it on bluray on my new swankass 1080p big screen tv adn its one hell of a good movie even on rewatches its not lost its charm, bale still bugs me as batman , as wayne i can dig him but still that voice, like a female darts player from hull whos low on her proscribed estrogen pills.
    Geeeeeeezus, you folks put waaaaaaay too much effort into not liking the Bat-voice.