Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: George, you need to call it Twilight...

Canada
    since when was land a bad film?

I don't understand all this turd throwing, bad word using, ego stroking circle jerk that goes on with this film.

I realize that it is all someones opinion, but 90% of all the hate about this film just seems unwarranted and really trivial stuff no one should really give 6 flying clits about.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In terms of what it should have been, yes, it was bad. When I say Land is bad, I am comparing it to the previous 3 films. Land had nothing that made those films great. I don't compare Land to films like Shawshank, Pulp Fiction etc. I only compare GAR films to other zombie or GAR films.

Was it as bad as House of the Dead, Contagium, Day 08, or Resident Evil 2, no, but it was pretty much bottom of the barrel in terms of multi million dollar zombie flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison Carter View Post
    GAR has to milk u dummies!
    To make up for what he gave as bribe to the Canadian's to admit him as refugee.
    If you don't go see it he will be kicked out
    of Canada since he wont have $ to pay his
    cargo off.
    You remind me of DC BURNY.

GAR is milking no one. I am a zombie film fan, and I am sorry but in terms of his previous work I will not praise a flick just because his name is stamped on it. Nor will I just hand him money for the sake of handing it over. I go to see zombie films for the genre I love. Whether it be him, Zack Snyder, whoever... The only people milking us are the studios, not the filmmakers.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 24-Feb-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva_Zombi View Post
    i still feel you wasted money making deadlands. honestly i could've made that movie with 500 dollars. and frankly, if you had 20,000,000 dollars at ur disposal, im sure you would produce a giant turd as well.
    And I could remake your Halloween flick for two cents.

Seriously, what gives you the right to attack someone like that when you've produced quite possibly the worst homemade flick I've seen on this forum (and believe me, I've seen a shitload). I mean, DJ will be the first to admit that Deadlands: The Rising isn't Ben-Hur, so give it a rest and stop baiting.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

Seriously, what gives you the right to attack someone like that when you've produced quite possibly the worst homemade flick I've seen on this forum (and believe me, I've seen a shitload). I mean, DJ will be the first to admit that Deadlands: The Rising isn't Ben-Hur, so give it a rest and stop baiting.
    i'll say 1 cent and a twix candy bar. that was epic level gash.

what gives him the right? he's a 20 year old know-it-all, who in reality doesn't know shit - that's what gives him the right. isn't youth cute?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i'll say 1 cent and a twix candy bar. that was epic level gash.

what gives him the right? he's a 20 year old know-it-all, who in reality doesn't know shit - that's what gives him the right. isn't youth cute?
    am i included in that as well?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    am i included in that as well?
    no chris, you're not. my comments were specific to one person and don't apply to anyone else.

feeling paranoid today?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post

Yeah, that's true. You don't hear talk like that around here very often anymore.

But yeah, I do the same. I compare Land to the other three and that's why i think it sucks. However, Not withstanding that it's in the argument as the next best zombie film out there along with Dawn 04' and ROTLD. And you can take that to the bank.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the style of post sort of reminds me of bongholio with shades of dc burny aka svengoolie. anyhoo, good riddance to both those pieces of rubbish

United States
    no chris, you're not. my comments were specific to one person and don't apply to anyone else.

feeling paranoid today?
    Mo just wants to hear how cute he is...yes yer a cutie-wootie-patootie ....

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yeah, that's true. You don't hear talk like that around here very often anymore.
    Yeah, I'm startin' to have 'nam flashbacks from reading this thread.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 25-Feb-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

Thank you for making my point for me. I made my film for 100 bucks. IF that. Deadlands. 10,000 bucks. But you will still measure my film to his just as I will measure his to Land. A film is a film. Money is not an issue. If a film is good, it's good. If it's bad it's bad. In my opinion, Deadlands is horrible. But, I guarantee you if you give me 10,000 bucks, I could make a film 20 times better than Deadlands.

capncnut
    I made my film for 100 bucks. IF that.
    So it came in $99 over budget then.

But, I guarantee you if you give me 10,000 bucks, I could make a film 20 times better than Deadlands.
    Well, you better get yourself $10,000 and show us 'cos until then you're just wasting everybody's time with this, I'm afraid.

Edit: Oh, and when exactly did I compare your flick to Deadlands?
    Last edited by capncnut; 27-Feb-2009 at 09:20 AM.

United States
    But, I guarantee you if you give me 10,000 bucks, I could make a film 20 times better than Deadlands.
    We're still waiting to see the version of it you could make "as good as" for $500...

Plus Deej did it on his own, & than includes getting the money together. So nobody is gonna just give you the money. If you're sincere about this, go get the money & deliver the goods. Otherwise, it's all hyperbole & talk.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thank you for making my point for me. I made my film for 100 bucks. IF that. Deadlands. 10,000 bucks. But you will still measure my film to his just as I will measure his to Land. A film is a film. Money is not an issue. If a film is good, it's good. If it's bad it's bad. In my opinion, Deadlands is horrible. But, I guarantee you if you give me 10,000 bucks, I could make a film 20 times better than Deadlands.
    In all of this I realized you're just an asshole, loudmouth who can't put up, nor will you shut up.

You claimed you could do better on $500.00, we're still waiting. So either back-up your talk or go play on the kiddie forums. Honestly you ruined any credibility you had when you started talking shit about my film considering yours isn't that great either.

Here is the main thing you see to forget Minerva, I know Deadlands 1 isn't the best it could be, however, people enjoy it. If someone who had no say or position in the filmmkaing process actually comes back and says something positiive about it, especially critics, who for the most part liked the film, then so be it.

However, I am not going to let some snot nosed prick sit here and tell me he can do better when his own $100 REMAKE of HALLOWEEN isn't fit to even be used as an example of $100 film budgeting/ film making. You talked about me bringing nothing new to the horror genre, shit, Mine was more original. I didn't do a remake of a horror icon and fuck it up.

All that KFC you're eating must be rotting your brain.

I find it kind of funny you waited until I pulled down the challenge post to come in here and run off at the mouth. Whats the matter, you were on HPOTD everyday it was up and only now you say something after I decided to take it down and cut you some slack, considering another member also asked in interest of misunderstandings for you being Young and stupid.

You are just a gutless worm. So either put up or shut up.

So either take the challenge or go over to Zombie-Nation, they seem to enjoy bashing my flicks, and since you like t do it you will find yourself in better company.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 27-Feb-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    All that KFC you're eating must be rotting your brain.
    you know they put something in it that makes you crave it fortnightly.

considering another member also asked in interest of misunderstandings for you being Young and stupid.
    i think you've hit the nail on the head - young and stupid. i would be willing to cut minerva some slack but his comments are so nasty most times and expose such a disgusting level of youthful hubris that i really have no sympathy left for him.

and Mo, before you get paranoid - i don't think all the young people around here are stupid and arrogant. in fact a couple of you (i'm not going to mention any names) are among the best and most responsible members this forum has. it's the bozos that just have to be keyboard warriors and run off at the mouth instead of finding a tactful way of offering criticism that i find irritating.

anyway, if the HPOTD zombie short film challenge comes together, everyone who wants to will be able to show us what they are capable of.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    it's the bozos that just have to be keyboard warriors and run off at the mouth instead of finding a tactful way of offering criticism that i find irritating.