Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Big Daddy is too damn smart

United States
    The surgery was in regards to the specimens Logan had removed parts of the brain from. It had nothing to do with Bub. Bub was taught over a period of months, no surgery involved.

And at the end of the day, Bub DID eat. Nothing really got solved with him; he still was into eating warm flesh; he was just willing to do tricks to get it. Nothing at all like Big Daddy's "I just want your house" crap.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Nothing at all like Big Daddy's "I just want your house" crap.
    This totally made me litterally LOL.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Twitching

United States
    Here's a notion,
    If you don't like the evolution of a dead organism how about the actions of a live organism on a dead one? If the zombie rising is caused by a pathogen, and that pathogen doesn't die off when the zombie rises then there's no telling what it would do to a dead brain. The natural electrochemical responses of the brain might be offline, but the "zombie virus/bacteria" could be producing waste or other byproducts, or causing any of a host of ongoing changes to explain differing behavior in the undead.

How do you end up with zombies with different levels of reasoning power? Genetics. If the brains are slightly different to begin with, then what amounts to a minute difference in a living uninfected brain could have profound impacts in an infected brain.

Heck, there are parasites in nature that are designed to make frogs really easy for herons to catch and eat, going so far as to suppress the frog's natural fear of predators. All so the parasite can be passed on to the predator and complete another step in its life-cycle. The frog is only incidentally involved, the parasite is the real player. It could be the same with the zombie pathogen.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the notion of a dead organism somehow "evolving", but there are other viable explanations to account for GAR's idiotic decision to include a Big Daddy in Land in-movie if one wants to reach for it.

United States
    I've heard of that parasite. . there's a similar one in snails that actually makes it climb higher in the tree and then pulsates to attract birds. Creept stuff that. But those parasites take away the natural "intelligence" of the animal. Bad example. .but I understand your point. Once again. .however. .The movie shows BD to be a special smart zombie . .fine. .My problem was the sudden leap to intelligence and control that the "regular" zombies had in Big Daddy's presence. Not buying that. . Silly silly silly.

Fact is. .tho. . I just don't like smart zombies. The only movie I've ever liked 'em in is Return of the Living Dead. .and that was a campy movie. Bassman loves that movie!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Zombies seem to follow a "herd" mentality of sorts. Maybe in the presence of a smarter zombie they would follow direction better, but wander/revert if one wasn't present?

I think I'm over thinking this too much...

Twitching

United States
    Agreed,
    There was a lot more going on than monkey-see/monkey-do with Big Daddy's minions. Lot of difference between staggering in the same direction as the zombie who seems to know where its going, and having a sharp object pushed into its dead hand and suddenly knowing how to chop on people. Residual memory gets to be an extremely tired excuse when accounting for these behaviors.

My biggest pet peeve is still the river crossing breach of Fiddler's Green, followed by the stealth attack on the two dock guards. Plenty of fit live human beings couldn't stick together during a river crossing, but mindless undead? No problem.

I guess Big Daddy was also teaching a Zombie Ninja course by pantomime off-camera, because I've never seen so many zombies sneaking up on the living than in Land.

United States
    OK, this thread made me officially realize that we all need to, "Get a life!" (to quote William Shatner). LOL

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    OK, this thread made me officially realize that we all need to, "Get a life!" (to quote William Shatner). LOL
    You're just now realizing this?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I need a beer. lol

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Welcome to HPotD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You're just now realizing this?
    I'm a slow learner? LOL

United States
    I'm a slow learner? LOL