Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pot Plants and Day Timeline

Undisclosed
    obviously they dont take place in the same universe? this is such a ridiculous statement that makes absolutely no sense! aside from the fact they were filmed in seperate decades, i can see no logical explanation of this! romero has stated that land takes place 3-5 years after day...that proves they take place in the same timeline...

maybe the statement was meant to reflect the way that romero views his timeline - in the sense that they are different enough that it is like they are in a different timeline...

does anyone else think that this idea of different timelines is completely sh*t?

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    I'm watching Day at this very moment on my special addition DVD. There is an interview that talks about the timeline. Just in general with viewing all of four films you would have to assume that the stories are set after the one before has happend. Each movie does refer to in the beginning or we should have done this when it first happend. Dawn said something about six months before in the TV station sequence at the beginning. That's what I have come up with.

Undisclosed
    ??
    come again?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ipotts85
    obviously they dont take place in the same universe? this is such a ridiculous statement that makes absolutely no sense!
    Right. But jumping from the 1960's to the 21st century in less than five years makes perfect sense.

Super Moderator

UK
    And just thinking about it, in Land of the Dead there's that bit at the start, which essentially summarises the first three movies in a new retrospective, it also references Night of the Living Dead with the old school radio - Romero points it out in the commentary on the Land DVD. That "bring you up to speed" opening titles sequence just feels like something that's saying they're all linked, none of this "four different universes, but they've all got zombie outbreaks of the same fashion" bullplop, that's my view anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm torn, but I definetly think the "four different timelines" hold more merits. While I watch the films, I'm not really bothered by any of these theories. I always assumed that they took place in the same timeline, but now I can easily see how it cannot be so.

Either way, it's not something that stops me from enjoying the films.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    it only takes 3 or 4 months to grow a 4 to 5 foot plant. (weed)
    i have grown outdoor plants up to 7 feet tall in a 4 month grow season before, so the ones on day look to be about 2 maybe 3 months old .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Right. But jumping from the 1960's to the 21st century in less than five years makes perfect sense.
    because they were made years apart...

and what about star wars? the new ones supposedely take place before the originals, yet the technology looks more developed. that argument doesn't prove this alternate timeline bullsh*t.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ipotts85
    because they were made years apart...

and what about star wars? the new ones supposedely take place before the originals, yet the technology looks more developed. that argument doesn't prove this alternate timeline bullsh*t.
    That's because in the Star Wars universe, the original trilogy takes place during a "dark age". The technology in the prequels IS more advanced!

And they were made years apart? That explains it from a technical point of view, but not a plotline point of view.