Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Original DAWN had running Zombies

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311

You seem to like the sprinting zombies alot, DJ. Are there any in "Deadlands"? Speaking of, I'm looking forward to your home movie.

I'll be purchasing a copy...

DEADLANDS has running zombies, but not DAWN 04 fast, but still fast. The Mythology is for the first 12 hours after revival they can move pretty fast. (ROTLD FAST) As the 12 hour timeline comes and goes they begin to slow down. So you will see 2 stages of zombie speed.

My concern wasn't so much zombie speed although it plays a big part. I was more concerned with Shock value. Not how gory can I make DEADLANDS, but how violent the feasting scenes could be. I don't use a lot of gore like Romero does, but more like the violence of them getting the food. The attacks are quite violent.

Well since you will be buying a copy you only have 3-4 more months to wait. As of right now the release is still set for Dec 19th 2006, but it looks like I will be done in time for halloween. However, I am not gonna promise an October release.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    The Kids kinda half-ran, and half-leap while attacking...

One was thrown on a couch and jumped back on...

I blame this on the hyperactive kid actor's simulating an attack.

It doesn't help that they're sort of smiling as well.
    I hate kids, bossy women, and well... everyone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FleshMask
    The Kids kinda half-ran, and half-leap while attacking...

One was thrown on a couch and jumped back on...

I blame this on the hyperactive kid actor's simulating an attack.

It doesn't help that they're sort of smiling as well.
    They ran. I am sure the director encouraged it. and DAWN 04 had leaping zombies as well. So it seems DAWN 78 and DAWN 04 have a little more in common than we all originally thought.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    They ran. I am sure the director encouraged it. and DAWN 04 had leaping zombies as well. So it seems DAWN 78 and DAWN 04 have a little more in common than we all originally thought.
    Never going to give up, are ya DJ?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Never going to give up, are ya DJ?
    "Out of the frying pan into the fryer."

It's beyond defending, now it is just for self entertainment.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    "Out of the frying pan into the fryer."

It's beyond defending, now it is just for self entertainment.

Meh, I'm 1/2 and 1/2 in the whole running zombie thing. I never realized the kids in the original Dawn were quick, but it really doesn't matter. To be honest, I think the theory we used with Deadlands is how it would really occur. I mean, you'd be limber at first 'till ya stiffened up - hence, you can move more quickly, albeit not sprinters and high-jumpers like in Dawn04.

LC

Super Moderator

UK
    The rule of thumb is GAR's zombies are shamblers, but some have more aggression and a swifter speed - like cemetery zombie in Night. Day's zombies can get rather aggressive with their movements, but GAR is a laid back dude from the 60's, so I doubt he's exceptionally fussed about zombie continuity, just concerned with a rule of thumb.

What is with all these threads all of a sudden ripping into the meat of GAR's movies lately? The level of geekery has shot through the roof ... now if you don't mind, I'm going to go and make sure my DVDs are in complete alphabetical order and are all lined up *just so*.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    The rule of thumb is GAR's zombies are shamblers, but some have more aggression and a swifter speed - like cemetery zombie in Night. Day's zombies can get rather aggressive with their movements, but GAR is a laid back dude from the 60's, so I doubt he's exceptionally fussed about zombie continuity, just concerned with a rule of thumb.

What is with all these threads all of a sudden ripping into the meat of GAR's movies lately? The level of geekery has shot through the roof ... now if you don't mind, I'm going to go and make sure my DVDs are in complete alphabetical order and are all lined up *just so*.
    Remember DAWN 1978 comes before DAWN 2004, unless you file it by 2 digit year, then the 04 version would come before the original.

Titles starting with "The" do not get filed under the "T" section.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Well, at least the "level of geekery" has produced more threads. This place was practically dead for a while, there...

AND THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ALPHABETIZED DVDS!

Super Moderator

UK
    Indeed I have my system, "the" means nothing to me

However I have Yawn04 before Dawn-the-Amazing because next up is Day and I don't want "it" sitting in between, ha! I need some new shelves, they're stacked chock full, I've nay space captain!!!

Undisclosed
    Indeed I have my system, "the" means nothing to me

However I have Yawn04 before Dawn-the-Amazing because next up is Day and I don't want "it" sitting in between, ha! I need some new shelves, they're stacked chock full, I've nay space captain!!!
    i put my romero movies and evil dead movies before anything else! alphabetizing be damned.

Well, at least the "level of geekery" has produced more threads. This place was practically dead for a while, there...
    no doubt. this is the place for romero geeks to gather though, so no shame in that game.
    Last edited by ipotts85; 25-May-2006 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    This is true and has been mentioned before on the old HPOTD forums. Most purists attribute this to performance flaws on the part of the zombie extras rather than a creative fault or inconsitency on the part of Romero. Its clear that the overwhelming majority of zombies in the original trilogy are shamblers, just as Romero intended.

Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    The original Night of the Livng Dead featured running zombies as well. If you look closely in the wide shot when Ben is running back to the house with the torch, one or two of the zombies are damn near sprinting.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by panic
    This is true and has been mentioned before on the old HPOTD forums. Most purists attribute this to performance flaws on the part of the zombie extras rather than a creative fault or inconsitency on the part of Romero. Its clear that the overwhelming majority of zombies in the original trilogy are shamblers, just as Romero intended.
    I agree. The "runners" in Night of the Living Dead were poor actors. However, it did make it into the final product. He almost certainly instructed the children in Dawn to run though.

Hey, I'm not complaining. Were talking about my two favorite films here. I just think it is fun topic to geek out on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    I agree. The "runners" in Night of the Living Dead were poor actors. However, it did make it into the final product. He almost certainly instructed the children in Dawn to run though.

Hey, I'm not complaining. Were talking about my two favorite films here. I just think it is fun topic to geek out on.
    Any of the first 3 Romero living dead films is an excuse to be geeky. Land, ehhh, However, I pretty much geek out with most zombie films. I don't geek out on Fulci or Mattei's stuff though because I frankly don't find them worthy enough to be in the same line-up as Romeros first 3 dead films.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!