Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: im here

United States
    Cool Bassman, who did he play in the movie? I don't remember who the actors were. I don't remember ever seeing them again in other movies after that one. But I'll never forget them for their performances in the "Dawn" movie though.

Also jded - Thanks for your photos too. I thought they came out good. And you had some shots that Ace didn't have too.

LoD
    Last edited by LadyOfDarkness; 03-Nov-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    LadyOfDarkness
    "Lady Of The Knife"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Please tell me SOMEONE here knows where I can get a copy of this poster!!!

There's a toy store, 1 block from my house, that sells nothing but toys from the 70's and 80's that once had a t-shirt with that picture on it. Sadly, I told myself "I'll buy that next time" and they haven't had it since.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    So you went to Pitt during the Living Dead festival and only visited the Mall? I'm sorry Ace, but I'm pissing all over your pilgrimage.

i wasnt there for the mall, i had family to see. so monroeville wasnt my priority.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I didn't mean for it to sound like I was doing that at all, sorry if it came across that way. I think Cap expressed it very well.

i was kidding,bro.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfDarkness View Post

Check out Updated photo #6 (second to last photo):

Does anyone else think that bald-headed guy looks like the "Harry-Kirshner Zombie" from "Dawn" walking down that hallway? Hey is that a water bottle he's carrying - or a tamborine!? hehehehe

LoD
    Whoa! Talk about great minds thinking alike. I was thinking the same thing. Bald head and all
    He can audition for the next remake

And thank you regarding the photos.
    Lady, when you get the chance you should go. REMEMBER: Plan ahead, thoroughly.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    No complaints or corrections from me. I'm glad to see what the mall looks like.

The mall would definitely be the number one destination for me...
    So, this is the first time you've seen pictures of the mall in recent times? You are aware of Axlish's site on the mall aren't you?
    www.mallofthedead.net

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

There's a toy store, 1 block from my house, that sells nothing but toys from the 70's and 80's that once had a t-shirt with that picture on it. Sadly, I told myself "I'll buy that next time" and they haven't had it since.
    I bought that print at the 2001 Pittsburgh Comic Con.The artist's name is Brian Rood. Here's a link to his site regarding that particular art.
    http://www.brianrood.com/dotd.htm

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So, this is the first time you've seen pictures of the mall in recent times? You are aware of Axlish's site on the mall aren't you?
    www.mallofthedead.net[COLOR="Silver"]
    Yeah, yeah. Been there, done that. Just saying that newer pictures are always welcome in my book.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'll post on here or PM you the next time I see one go up on eBay.

Super Moderator

United States

I bought that print at the 2001 Pittsburgh Comic Con.The artist's name is Brian Rood. Here's a link to his site regarding that particular art.
    http://www.brianrood.com/dotd.htm
    Nooooooooooooo! 'Sold'?! As in no more? I have to look through the site when I get a better chance, as I can't make out all the details on the page from my very limited rig at work. Still, that is a damned beautiful print!

Thanks for the link, Thxleo!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nooooooooooooo! 'Sold'?! As in no more? I have to look through the site when I get a better chance, as I can't make out all the details on the page from my very limited rig at work. Still, that is a damned beautiful print!

You are very welcome Aces. If you were to contact him directly, perhaps Rood can be persuaded to produce more of them? Otherwise, like Axlish mentioned, you gotta keep your eyes on eBay.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

I was about to give you and Mike Pizzoff the same information but thxleo beat me to it. Thanks leo

In the bottom right corner of the print there is a tag for Brian Rood's website. In the left bottom corner of the print there is a seal for the CBLDF and issued by, I believe the Pittsburgh Comicon.
    I was given mine by the mall Manager way back in November of 2003. She felt sorry for me that I traveled all the way from Boise, ID and then drove from Niles, OH. She however was not willing to have a security guard take me on a personal tour of the key spots of the film. They had tours on Fridays she said, and I missed it by one day. I bet sometime after my visit they realized the attraction and significance of the mall related to Dawn would make a good sell, so they hit up the marketing department and got the ball rolling some more in that direction. The zombie store was not there when I went, and neither where Ken Foree's handprints and autograph. Aahhhh man... I got shafted.

My poster is in a frame on the wall and I plan to some day have it signed by our fearsome four and one great director. And maybe a certain special effects artist.
    Last edited by jded; 04-Nov-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    This thread is making me think: somebody should compose a travel guide w/ all of the salient points to see on a pilgrimage to any of the Dead film sites.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    This thread is making me think: somebody should compose a travel guide w/ all of the salient points to see on a pilgrimage to any of the Dead film sites.
    Unless i'm just losing my mind....someone around here has done this with Google Earth. I can't seem to find it now, but i'm almost certain that someone had all the locations linked up on a thread somewhere around here.

United States
    ^

sticky thread atop of "dead discussion" forum

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=10582

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

sticky thread atop of "dead discussion" forum

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=10582
    WTF?!?

I looked there first and didn't see it! Maybe I should wait and finish my coffee before trying to post here.

Anyway....thanks for the help.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    The zombie store was not there when I went, and neither where Ken Foree's handprints and autograph. Aahhhh man... I got shafted.
    Zombie store?! Is it any good? I never knew there was one there. I've always sorta wanted to go to Monroeville Mall, but being someone who completely despises malls I always felt it'd be a long-ass road trip for me to just walk through the mall for about 5 minutes thinking "cool" then driving all the way back home.