Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Hospital

Twitching

United States
    The early radio report the nurse turned off after only a few seconds in her car.
    What little there was indicated isolated cases of the infection. Of course, that doesn't PROVE anything, it could've just been early in the phenomena, but based on the fact that in Dawn '04 non-bitten dead folks STAY DEAD, they were committed to a strong Pathogen-Spread-By-Bite Causation Theory.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    What in Dawn '04 eluded to a 'patient zero'? I guess I missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    The early radio report the nurse turned off after only a few seconds in her car.
    What little there was indicated isolated cases of the infection. Of course, that doesn't PROVE anything, it could've just been early in the phenomena, but based on the fact that in Dawn '04 non-bitten dead folks STAY DEAD, they were committed to a strong Pathogen-Spread-By-Bite Causation Theory.
    See above. They didn't, but if it's only spread by bites, it had to start somewhere... (*cringes at the thought this could turn into a D'04 thread*)

I guess the point I was trying to make was if all the dead suddenly got up at once, & if you die for ANY reason you get up & walk, I can see police, military, etc getting overwhelmed more easily than in a "spread the contagion" scenario (easpecially if they're shamblers & not runners...)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    they were committed to a strong Pathogen-Spread-By-Bite Causation Theory.
    I don't have a link at hand, but I seem to remember Snyder saying it WASN'T a virus or pathogen, but instead something unexplainable? I believe he actually referred to it as being similar to vampire bites.

EDIT:
    Found this on wikipedia..
    On the back of the DVD cover, a brief summary states that a virus turned the humans into zombies but Snyder denies that and says that the zombie bite is supernatural like a vampire bite
    Not a direct quote, but at least it proves i'm not losing it.

Kinda silly, if you ask me. Sounds like Snyder's just desperately trying to seperate his velociraptors from the rage victims....
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Nov-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: quote

United States
    So...it's spread by bites, but it's NOT a virus, but something supernatural, but it's ONLY spread by bites, there's no supernatural "the dead returning to life", because I suppose that would be silly...? Ugh...

(*stands on brakes, wrenches desperately at wheel, tries to steer thread from D'04*)
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 05-Nov-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: stoopid!

United States
    Well, let's remember that Snyder gave us zombie baby and a bunch of people who choose to leave a well defended mall with absolutely no good reason except to advance the explosions to the next level from their A-Team-esque mall busses. How surprised should we be that he barely understands the phenomenon that is the crux of his movie?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Well, let's remember that Snyder gave us zombie baby and a bunch of people who choose to leave a well defended mall with absolutely no good reason except to advance the explosions to the next level from their A-Team-esque mall busses. How surprised should we be that he barely understands the phenomenon that is the crux of his movie?
    Which is all the more reason i'm worried about him helming Superman.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    So...it's spread by bites, but it's NOT a virus, but something supernatural, but it's ONLY spread by bites, there's no supernatural "the dead returning to life", because I suppose that would be silly...? Ugh...
    here, let me work this out on my little fingers...bites...supernatural...only by bites...not supernatural...helming superman...explosions...a-team van...returning to life...not virus...

yeah, that makes no fooking sense at all.

to delve back into this well swum pond again: since it is spread by bites, causes an infection, spreads throughout the body from the bite source, and eventually kills the victim...yeah, that sounds an awful lot like a virus/bacteria.

addressing the reason as to why all dead folks (in some canons) rise from the dead, even though they have not been bitten, is a bit more problematic.

i think the short answer is that there is no real right/wrong answer because this stuff was being made up off the cuff without any real thought to rules, future stories, or poor fools like us on the intrawebz who have spent about 10 years trying to hash this out.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    (*stands on brakes, wrenches desperately at wheel, tries to steer thread from D'04*)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    here, let me work this out on my little fingers...bites...supernatural...only by bites...not supernatural...helming superman...explosions...a-team van...returning to life...not virus...

yeah, that makes no fooking sense at all.

to delve back into this well swum pond again: since it is spread by bites, causes an infection, spreads throughout the body from the bite source, and eventually kills the victim...yeah, that sounds an awful lot like a virus/bacteria.

addressing the reason as to why all dead folks (in some canons) rise from the dead, even though they have not been bitten, is a bit more problematic.

i think the short answer is that there is no real right/wrong answer because this stuff was being made up off the cuff without any real thought to rules, future stories, or poor fools like us on the intrawebz who have spent about 10 years trying to hash this out.
    Yeah, you're right. And honestly, I LIKE my "all the dead guys just get back up" mysterious. Makes it creepier & leaves room for interpretation IMO.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That Thelma and Louise picture has had me laughing on and off for about ten minutes. Good stuff. I'll have to remember that one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    in the words of MST3K:

"it's time for action tv music!"
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I still can't help wondering if the first gunner in the Judge, (dude with the denim shirt) was bitten, as he had a random yellow bandana or handkerchief wrapped around his left wrist.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That Thelma and Louise picture has had me laughing on and off for about ten minutes. Good stuff. I'll have to remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    in the words of MST3K:

"it's time for action tv music!"

Believe it or not, I was looking for an animated gif of one of those old-time "car over cliff" shots, & that was the best I could do on short time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's an interesting thought. Maybe Shane was actually hanging in with Rick for quite some time, realized the shit was hitting the fan, told Rick 'good luck", and then told Lori that he didn't make it? I could see something like that playing out in later episodes...
    First order of business:

Rick needs to put a bullet in that guy.

That is all.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    First order of business:

Rick needs to put a bullet in that guy.

That is all.

Rick needs to figure out exactly where his own bullet hole is before he attempts to put one in someone else. I'm not sure how his wound moved between when he was shot and when he woke up in the hospital, but I'm pretty sure that it involved some sort of black magic. If he doesn't learn how that happened, he might shoot Shane in the head only for his own pancreas to explode.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    I still can't help wondering if the first gunner in the Judge, (dude with the denim shirt) was bitten, as he had a random yellow bandana or handkerchief wrapped around his left wrist.
    I've seen the pilot a few times now and i gotta say that doesn't really stand out to me. In fact i haven't really noticed it when looking for it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA