Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne 3 (video game)

Administrator

England
    ^^ Cooool!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    He can outgun 1000 people, but beaten by a plastic crate!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Anybody playing this? I've been having lots of fun on multiplayer, trying a hard playthrough now..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm gonna hold off on getting this until the price drops because my buddy says its a very short game; he beat it in a few days.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm gonna hold off on getting this until the price drops because my buddy says its a very short game; he beat it in a few days.
    I've read that it's 10-12 hours for a play through, and for a linear campaign that's pretty good.

Disappointed there isn't the option for regenerating health though - even in the easiest difficulty setting - you need the painkillers to remain true to the franchise, but the option for regenerating health should be there for those that want it, I say. I always find it daft whenever people say regenerating health isn't realistic - yeah, because stepping on a white box with a red cross on it, or eating a hot dog, is so realistic.

I'm all for the gamer having options to suit their preferences, so it was disappointing to not see that as an option that could be enabled.

Generally speaking though I will get the game, but not until it's on sale. I barely ever buy games full price anymore, and on the rare occasion I do, it's a sandbox game (which will allow me many hours of play - thus giving me a better 'pounds per hour' value in my favour ... if I can get one hour of play time for every £1 spent, then I'm happy).

United States
    This game has alot going for it. Sure it's linear and that may deter some, but there are plenty of incentives for extra playthroughs and the multiplayer is entertaining as all get out.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    and the multiplayer is entertaining as all get out.
    Can you play 4-6 humans vs AI?

ie: Can you and a group of 3-5 of your mates take on levels against AI opponents?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    No..thats actually what I love about Mass Effect 3, that it's co-op only..*sigh*..if only..

Super Moderator

UK
    Multiplayer cheaters and hackers are going to get the Rockstar treatment.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...181929439.html

Rockstar has created an area called the "Cheaters Pool," where it will toss anyone who uses hacked saves, modded games or other shortcuts to gain an advantage -- a group the developer calls "confirmed miscreants." Once confined to that area, they'll only be able to play against others who have used cheats like invincibility hacks, infinite adrenaline or score boosters.

Don't think the infractions will be tolerated even in the pool, though. Anyone in that quarantine zone who's caught cheating a second time will be banished from the multiplayer servers indefinitely.

Administrator

England
    Christ! Let's hope people don't get mis-diagnosed!?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Christ! Let's hope people don't get mis-diagnosed!?
    Rockstar themselves said that 'legitimate techniques like camping' won't be affected, and they'll review the evidence (they want pics or video, so it seems). What they're seeking to get rid of are people who have unlimited ammo, health, etc - things that are clearly cheats.

Undisclosed
    Gamefly just shipped a copy. I cannot wait to play it. I have not played a Max Payne game, since the first one over a decade ago.

United States
    It's pretty good..gunplay and multiplayer are outstanding.