Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us (video game) - 'ultra realistic' zombie pandemic for PS3?

England
    Wow. Eurogamer have given this 10/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...t-of-us-review
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Everyone seems to be giving it full marks!!! Wow - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/0...t-of-us-review - 10/10

easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013

Just need a PC port now... Which we'll never get

Maybe they'll port it to the PS4, which everyone will at least be buying instead of the XBox One

Worse score I've seen so far is 8/10 - http://uk.gamespot.com/the-last-of-u...eview-6409197/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    This game is AMAZING

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ I assume you have it then?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Aye. Looks next gen graphics wise. Its beautiful

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Watched one of the walkthrough vids for this. (First 30 mins of gameplay) The storyline is nothing like I thought (or seemed to be lead to believe) which isn't even a bad thing...just left me kind of puzzled....and the gameplay looked enticing. So this game is on my to play list.

Administrator

England
    AICN loves it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63001

...a remarkable story. Yes, it's a "zombie" game, but that almost feels incidental. The power, emotion, and themes of THE LAST OF US are strong, and if people are going to get hung up on how the story is delivered, that's their loss. I'm not here to say whether video games are art. That's not for me to decide, or if there is even a decision to make. THE LAST OF US is, though. It's a compelling story, told with confidence and skill. From the days people gathered around the fire to now, storytelling has always been an art. THE LAST OF US is brutal, ugly, harsh, and in the end quite beautiful. It's a gift to all of us who love stories.
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Seriously tempted to pick up a cheap PS3 just for this.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Can you imagine if they now announced an enhanced directors cut (or sequel) for the PS4?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    This is probably the best opening to a videogame ive seen since ff7's "getting off the train in midgar" in terms of getting the player immersed in the story from the off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njp0udtgg6c

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Can you imagine if they now announced an enhanced directors cut (or sequel) for the PS4?
    It wouldn't surprise me.

God...I hate consoles...

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Dying

United States
    This is the best game I've played since Red Dead Redemption. Such immense atmosphere, constant tension, amazing plot, top-notch voice acting, addictive gameplay. I hope more games will exist in this universe.

Incidentally, the only reason I picked up a PS3 was Red Dead Redemption....and the only reason I picked up Red Dead Redemption is because I saw it mentioned on this forum.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 24-Jun-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: ardhtfuh

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This is probably the best opening to a videogame ive seen since ff7's "getting off the train in midgar" in terms of getting the player immersed in the story from the off.
    Agreed. Just started playing it last night. What an opening! My wife, who is growing more and more (mature ) disinterested with videogames as the years take hold actually sat up and told me she hadn't expected to emotionally invest in a videogame character ever again... Needless to say there we were passing the controller to and fro, gripped. Great stuff. Last time we played a game together (apart from helping our sons out in the occassional Mario level) was Heavy Rain. This one feels better because it's more of a 'game' and less a QTE 'interactive movie' thing.
    Let's hope the game delivers on its intial promise.

Administrator

England
    Have we had a film announcement yet? Surely it's coming!
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Have we had a film announcement yet? Surely it's coming!
    No need. The game is the movie.
    The AI is incredible. Very dynamic.

MY HOME CINEMA