Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alien film/reboot? - Neill Blomkamp

Administrator

England
    Weaver was on the Jonathan Ross chat show last night, and they mentioned the possibility of the film happening. She seemed fairly open about it & up for it.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Whatever they do with Hicks, one thing is for sure, Carrie Henn won't be making an appearance.

Who's that broad & what has she done w/ Newt?!?!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tom Woodruff Jr., who fans will recognize as the lead performer of the alien since the second film and the head effects supervisor, and his son have created makeup tests based on Blomkamp's concept art of the acid-scarred Hicks: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/make...ured-hicks-976

This is likely just something done for kicks, but I suppose there is always the possibility that Woodruff is testing the water seeing as how he'll very likely get the call to create the effects for the film....
    Last edited by bassman; 06-Mar-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: .

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Weaver was on the Jonathan Ross chat show last night, and they mentioned the possibility of the film happening. She seemed fairly open about it & up for it.
    Yep Weaver was on BBC breakfast this morning too, wouldn't give too much away but said she was up for it
    and said " I don't see how they can do another without me! " - or words to that effect.

Seems like its happening and the publicity hype is starting already ....
    Buckle up boys, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!
    Last edited by RichW; 06-Mar-2015 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Someone cant spell - guess who?

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Yep Weaver was on BBC breakfast this morning too, wouldn't give too much away but said she was up for it
    and said " I don't see how they can do another without me! " - or words to that effect.
    This, from the woman who wanted, desperately, to get away from the franchise in the 90's.

:/
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I have fond memories of Earth Hive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens:_Earth_Hive
    Bit of thread resurrection, but I just got a copy of "Earth Hive". I had read the 2nd and 3rd entries in that series many years ago, back before the proliferation of the Internet and easy-to-find info on which books were in which series and in what order ... so I'll give it a going over to, at long last, complete the series ... albeit in an arse-about-tit order.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bit of thread resurrection, but I just got a copy of "Earth Hive". I had read the 2nd and 3rd entries in that series many years ago, back before the proliferation of the Internet and easy-to-find info on which books were in which series and in what order ... so I'll give it a going over to, at long last, complete the series ... albeit in an arse-about-tit order.
    Be interested to hear what you think. When I was a teenager I really enjoyed it, so will be interesting to see how it holds up in a more modern era, to an older reader
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Be interested to hear what you think. When I was a teenager I really enjoyed it, so will be interesting to see how it holds up in a more modern era, to an older reader
    Well, already a few chapters in, it is clearly aimed at a more 'late teenage/early adult' audience, and given that I've recently been into the likes of James Ellroy, "Earth Hive" is a breeze. It is interesting to read it knowing that it was originally intended for Wilks to be Hicks and Billie to be Newt and Rim to be LV-426, until Alien 3 came out and Fox or Dark Horse or somebody told Steve Perry to re-jig it a smidge - but you can still tell who's supposed to be who, so I've always thought of the characters as who they were originally intended to be.

Partly reading it for completion's sake - in Perry's trilogy I had already read the 2nd and 3rd books, so I am coming to "Earth Hive" rather arse-about-face (and many years down the line - likewise, the other Aliens books I read was when I was a teenager).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This has been put on hold in favor of Ridley Scott's sequel to Prometheus, Alien: Paradise Lost.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neil...ut-on-hold-295

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This has been put on hold in favor of Ridley Scott's sequel to Prometheus, Alien: Paradise Lost.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/neil...ut-on-hold-295
    *groan*

I hope it's better than Prometheus... It was of course OK, but not befitting Alien/Aliens IMHO.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    *groan*

I hope it's better than Prometheus... It was of course OK, but not befitting Alien/Aliens IMHO.
    I watched Prometheus again a few weeks ago and I still dig it. I don't understand the moaning about it.

As for Alien 5 ... bugger ... but I can understand why. The studio will want to focus on making and advertising Prometheus 2, or whatever it's going to be called, without confusing people with Alien 5, which isn't really 5, but kind of a new tangential sequel to Aliens. Probably best to leave that until later and let the script stew a bit (apparently they already tweaked the script to make it fit in a bit better with Prometheus 2 plans), but they can't wait too long as Weaver and Biehn aren't getting any younger. They've still got plenty of good years left in them, but you can't wait forever.

Ireland
    I have to say that this is good news.

I think Alien: Blomkamp would have been a terrible idea and as stupid as 'Prometheus' was, Scott is a better man to push the Alien series along. Even though I think that the series has been so abused over the years that there's no real hope for it.

Blomkamp's idea to ignore everything after 'Aliens' is just awful and the whole thing smacks more of fanboi wish fulfillment, than anything else. Hicks and Newt are dead, get over it.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 31-Oct-2015 at 04:05 PM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Official poster for Scott's Alien: Covenant.

cx-4qq8uaaavzsx-1.jpg

There's no longer any question as to how much this prequel ties into the classic xenomorphs. Looks like they'll be a large part of it. Obviously much more so than Prometheus...
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Nov-2016 at 01:32 AM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Of course I'm intrigued, but Prometheus wasn't very good at all. Ridley Scott has lost much of his umph since delivering his masterpiece Gladiator in 2000. Everything after that has been kind of meh. Including, but not limited to, Kingdom of Heaven, Robin Hood, Body of Lies, Prometheus...

I have not seen Exodus: Of Gods and Men, but it looks thoroughly uninteresting. I also haven't seen The Martian which many say was good.