Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Incoming zombie games...

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, that's the BOAT you're on about.

Crazy glue-huffin' Capn...

Nova Prospekt ... bombs dropping from the sky ... eh? I ain't played it in a while, but I don't remember that bit...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I got the new EGM yesterday, and they have an article for Left 4 Dead, a 4 player co-op game in which you band together and fight your way through a zombie apocalypse. The zombies are runners, and it looks to be really intense. 4 other people can take the place of super-powered "boss" zombies to fight against you. The preview was for 360, but its coming to PC too. Its from the same people who made "Counter Strike", so it should be a winner.
    Hiya gang. Long time no see . Thought I'd make a return with a splash of info on Left 4 Dead.

Here's the teaser trailer:

The official site: http://www.l4d.com/

And some more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead

Even though they are "runners & howlers", as of now it looks like a must buy for me . Hopefully it lives up to the potential it's showing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    some here, too bad my computer sucks balls.

...that whore.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Nova Prospekt... bombs dropping from the sky... eh? I ain't played it in a while, but I don't remember that bit...
    Again, you know what I mean. The bit where the thingymajigs fall from the sky and try to blow you up. Oh, and boat or no boat, handlebars is handlebars. Looked like a fricken boike to me.

Crazy glue-huffin' Capn...
    I'm a stoner of the highest order btw.

Super Moderator

UK
    thingymajigs fall from the sky and try to blow you up
    I'm still not with you ... dude, lay of da 'erb for a minute.

capncnut
    I'm still not with you ... dude, lay of da 'erb for a minute.
    I think YOU need to lay of the herb. The bit where the bombs falls from the sky when you're driving the boat bike. If you can't remember this bit then you obviously don't remember the game very well. And straight after that bit, tons of 'em get dropped and it's an out and out bombfest!
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Mar-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I know that bit, but that's got nothing to do with Nova Prospekt! Stop trying to confuse me, you glue huffin' crazy.

I kinda thought you meant that bit, but you talking about Nova Prospekt got me all confused ... lay off da weed, yo...

I've played the gay through 5 times from start to finish, and various levels several times more on their own.

capncnut
    That would explain our crossed wires, I only played it through the once you see, and I was stoned. I did it over two sessions and I clocked it with a time of 7 hours 30 something minutes. When they announced the 360 version last year, I traded it in and I'm still waiting. I WANT to be a nerd of this game.

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, ah well there you go!

And how dare you suggest my knowledge of HL2 is poor!

I might give it another razzle dazzle at some point, but with one week until STALKER spoodges all over the marketplace, I won't be fitting it in, especially as I'm currently having a lot of fun with Brothers in Arms again (the next gen "Hell's Highway" looks pretty good actually) ... it's not a superb game, it's not a terrible game, but there's fun to be had, and the historical accuracy is a nice touch (i.e. the levels constructed from maps and photographs taken at the time).

capncnut
    I'd like to get into a good war game. I played both the Call of Duty games but found them a little too hardcore and not enough story. Is Brothers in Arms any cop guv?

Super Moderator

UK
    Brothers in Arms is more about story, the battles are more about tactics (fire and assault teams, flanking etc), rather than chaos or realism, so it's not the most exciting game, and the aiming is like a drunk baby holding a gun (which they say is "realistic", but I could hold a gun steadier than that for crying out loud!).

Worth peeping out I'd say, more of a thinking man's war game.

COD2 is for those seeking realism (or the closest thing to realism), and I absolutely loved COD2, I might get back on that in fact, give it another bashing through the American campaigns.

capncnut
    Thats a toughie 'cos I ain't a tactical player. Just something I can pick up and wade into.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I too am more the sort who just wants to run in, have a load of fun, and piss off again (hence why I like things like "God" or "Developer" mod a lot). I don't care about challenges or being a tactical gamer or conserving shiite, games are there for fun, running in with God mode on and blasting shiite up is my idea of fun.

Anyway, BiA has those modes, hehehe, but it's not overwhelming tactics, just you ordering your men about a bit, kinda like how in COD2 you on your own have to find a safe path through the landscape to advance ... a bit similar, but with you ordering several men about.