Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal thread

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Recent purchase: Threshold - Wounded Land and Clone.

Awesome music...
    "angels calling at my door..I don't know what scares me more..."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    New Metallica song has appeared "the day that never comes" or something. Bit of a hilarious title considering were all waiting for them to put out a good album again.

Anyway, the tune is alright, a bit unforgiven ish. It's very "Load" for the first 5 minutes though.

However!

It kicks off around the 5 minute mark(it does actually fly by though), there's a bloody amazing solo & this recurring lead guitar motif- which i'm pretty sure is stolen from an iron maiden song, but ah well

all in all, 7/10, way better than the other new song "Cyanide".

Trouble with those two songs (and the song "new song/death is not the end") is that it has bits that kick serious ****ing arse, and then just boring bits. Instead of the 3 ok-ish songs with amazing bits, can't they edit them into one epic or something.

But aye those two tracks and a new cover of maiden's remember tommorow are on their Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/metallica

i'm pretty much in total agreement with you here. i've had a copy of the new metallica record for a bit now and the entire record is like this. it has lots of moments of brilliance interspersed with lots of boring parts. i still think it will be viewed as the best thing they've done in years but that really isn't saying much.

hey, at least there are guitar solos on it.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    i'm pretty much in total agreement with you here. i've had a copy of the new metallica record for a bit now and the entire record is like this. it has lots of moments of brilliance interspersed with lots of boring parts. i still think it will be viewed as the best thing they've done in years but that really isn't saying much.

hey, at least there are guitar solos on it.
    I read a lengthy review with James and Lars in The Sun this morning and the overall vibe of Death Magnetic seems quite good. I'll certainly have a listen when it comes out next month.

They were saying that it's their best record since Justice.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I read a lengthy review with James and Lars in The Sun this morning and the overall vibe of Death Magnetic seems quite good. I'll certainly have a listen when it comes out next month.

They were saying that it's their best record since Justice.
    Yeah they would say that....

But in truth? We'll see. I haven't liked a single Metallica song in their entire history and I don't see myself bowled over by anything from this CD either, but will reserve judgment until I hear some stuff.

England
    never really been into metal myself!seems to go hand in hand with most living dead fans though!

Kazakhstan
    I reckon ACDC is an honorary metal band!

Hey capn did you hear about Wes Borland joining Marilyn Manson? it just gets weirder
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

England
    Aye i guess they count!although i reckon they'd give us a bollocking & say "we're hard rock,not metal"
    I definitely like the 'DC

capncnut
    Hey capn did you hear about Wes Borland joining Marilyn Manson? it just gets weirder
    Indeed, I did and I'm quite stoked about it. Dunno if you saw any of the footage from ETP but Borland nailed that solo in 'Sweet dreams' like a demon. Setlist was a smasher too.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Wes Bore-land playing a solo? Gimmie a break!!!

Of course AC DC is a metal band....no question of that.
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 22-Aug-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Wes Bore-land playing a solo? Gimmie a break!!!
    Well, I will agree that Limp Bizkit were sheyat and that Borland isn't the most talented guitarist on the planet but his riffs do cook on a bubblegum level. As for his performance at ETP with Manson, I think he pulled it off personally.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Well, I will agree that Limp Bizkit were sheyat and that Borland isn't the most talented guitarist on the planet but his riffs do cook on a bubblegum level. As for his performance at ETP with Manson, I think he pulled it off personally.
    Oh man, Limp Dick**** were just terrible....awful...what happened to Fred Durst anyway? God I hated that band. HATED.

that aside, I didn't see the performance so I can't say...but I always drew up comparisons between Bore-land and putting hot pins in my eyes...haha

My hate for this man was realised when he won "best guitarist" in Metal Hammer above Kerry King from Slayer and Dimebag Darrel from Pantera....GRRRRR ****ing teeny goth mutha****as, voting for that ****.

Anyway, *rant over*
    hehe

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    what happened to Fred Durst anyway?
    He's a movie director now.

Other than that, you might find him scoffing burgers in the nearest s**thole.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    He's a movie director now.

Other than that, you might find him scoffing burgers in the nearest s**thole.
    You serious?!?!?!

*hangs self*

England
    as **** as bizkit were,borlands riffs were quality!and i think "break stuff" rings a chord with most people at some point!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    as **** as bizkit were,borlands riffs were quality!and i think "break stuff" rings a chord with most people at some point!
    I agree and when Borland bounces them Bizkit choruses, it's a f**king moshfest. As s**t as the band was.

Yes, before you peeps interject, I know Slayer and Pantera rule. I'm just saying...