View Poll Results: The best film of the original Alien series?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alien

17 40.48%
  • Aliens

25 59.52%
  • Alien 3

0 0%
  • Alien Resurrection

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alien Poll

Undisclosed
    The alien/predator hybrid was cool looking. Other than that. I didn't care for the movie. It didn't follow the rules of the previous movies. But I was glad they made it R and it was better than the first movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    3p - aye, I watched all the making ofs for the Alien 1 through 3 double disc DVDs (I got those separately, rather than the quad boxset, which I explained about earlier in the thread a while back, long story).

Anyway, yeah, a wooden planet ... erm, NO.

Interesting idea - but it would have sucked balls and just been too silly, especially for the Alien franchise.

As for the 'PredAlien' - the name sucks, and is as clunky and obvious as the hybrid itself, which was so damned obvious it just underwhelmed all over itself - like "let's pick these identifying features, cram them together like a toddler might with a Mr Potato Head, and go with that", it was a whole bucket of gimmick is what it was.

AvP2 was better than AvP1 ... but BOTH were absolute SH*T. Fetid sh*t, in fact. I mean ... they're so goddamned awful it's undeniable.

As for Predator 2 - I really dig that flick, really takes me back to my youth, but Predator 1 is definitely the better of the two, no argument, hands down fact-juice all over your face, running off into a fact-puddle at your feet, all sticky and such.

United States
    I'm actually quite fond of both Predator films. The first one was just a classic, Arnold at his best IMHO.

The second, I just loved the atmosphere of the decaying LA, the crazy news reporter, the train ride. It was a great flick.

Alien was good...
    Aliens was better..
    Alien 3 Theatrical(Only seen that) was...bad
    Alien resurrection was...badder

AVP=Suck
    AVP2= Haven't seen.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Oh, and did you watch the full "Making of..." for this film? Talks about how the original idea was going to be on a man-made wooden planet. Where men live as monks to escape all technology and live primitive lives? Very intriguing.
    Yup. That was from Vincent Ward's script, which I enjoyed immensely.

United States
    I almost walked out during AvP2.

Probably the worst dialogue/acting that I have seen in a theatrical movie in a long time.

Exa,
    Watch the directors cut of the third film, it may change your mind.

United States
    I'll still stick with the original. Aliens was just a rehash with a bunch of shooting and explosions thrown in. Cool movie, but not necessary once you've seen the first. Everything after that belongs in the trashcan. I'm ashamed to have watched them.

United States
    yeah, the original predator rocks the motherfukken house beyond belief. easily one of the best films of the eighties, imo. i'd say without hesitation that the original predator is a far superior film to alien.

maybe we should start another poll about which of those two films is preferred amongst us.

United States
    Although I absolutely love the original Predator (and have since I was a wee kid), I don't think it can hold a candle to the filmaking, atmosphere, plot, acting, and tension of the original Alien.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    AvP2 was better than AvP1 ... but BOTH were absolute SH*T. Fetid sh*t, in fact. I mean ... they're so goddamned awful it's undeniable.
    Hmm...I haven't seen those yet but, after what you said...I guess I'll stay away.

Canada
    It was hard to choose between Alien and Aliens,
    but I went with Alien...Aliens was so close behind though.
    Alien is a classic, sci fi horror movie that really was intense
    the first viewing...Never see the alien until the end, kind of like
    Jaws, never see the shark until the end

I was peeved off when I went and saw Aliens 3 at the show and
    found out they killed off Hicks, I thought he was so cool, plus to have
    a character have the same last name as me was also cool...but after
    buying the nine disc box set and seeing the directors cut of Alien 3,
    I've learned to appreciate it more.

Won't even mention Wionna Ryder and the fourth film

Super Moderator

UK
    I think Alien 3 ever only actually works in the assembly cut. After seeing the assembly cut, you can't imagine how you ever watched the theatrical cut - which is comparitively a giant mess.

Hicks was f*cking awesome - when playing with mates, you'd always end up fighting over who got to play Hicks - or indeed, who got to play as Reese if you were playing Terminator. Indeed.

United States
    Not me man. Hudson all the way!

United Kingdom
    Firstly, I did a boo boo. I didn’t look hard enough in the forum and set up a thread for Alien(s), it wasn’t a “pole”, but there really wasn’t any point in setting it up with this thread being here.
    Here’s the link for it anyway

Ok, so here I go again….. (well copy and paste again)
    I love the alien I’m a huge Alien fan, a ‘Fan-boy’ in fact (as I believe that’s what the kids on the net call it these days). The Alien franchise is the sole reason I got into horror films, art and in a funny way, zombies.
    The first film I saw when I was about 7 years old, and it made me wet my self, literally! It still stands the test of time as a fantastic horror film, and is still pulling new fans constantly. Riddly Scott made a beautifully shot film that will hold its own against most modern horror films.
    Aliens (James Cameron) just blew me away, it’s a monster of an action science fiction film, it managed to do the first film justice and didn’t destroy the story line.
    Alien3 again was, in my eyes, awesome, and somewhat romantic oddly.
    Alien resurrection…… well, I like it because it’s part of the alien films, but all in all I feel it was a failed attempt to expand the story.

I do love the AvP films (due to my love of the Predator, or Yautja as it’s sometimes referred to) but I don’t feel that they were a ‘valid’ addition to the Alien films.
    Oh, I voted for Alien, it was a fight between the first two, but I went with the one that ‘showed me the way’ lol
    Last edited by Dachan-da; 29-Apr-2009 at 12:09 PM.
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What ever happened to that stylized Marines cartoon that popped up a year or so ago?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    What ever happened to that stylized Marines cartoon that popped up a year or so ago?
    Never heard of it. There is something like that in the GTA game for the Xbox/PS3 on one of the tv shows, it kinda parallels the marines in a way
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything