Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

Administrator

England
    finally caught this last night and honestly, i had mixed feelings about it. It could have been alot better!

I still dont see what you guys find so offensive about runners, i like them and i think they where done well in this movie. Not the traditional zombie at all but im happy to see a break from tradition when its done well especially given the amount of trash there is in the genre, i recently came by a zombie musical! i kid you not...

World was Z is a decent enough movie, the plot is better than i imagined it would be before i saw it and i think the zombies are done quite well, its a nice new turn and they are threatening enough but still have their weakness (no spoilers!)

On the flip side, i thought the ending was abit weak but it does leave it open for a sequel i guess!

Overall id give WWZ a 6/10, but i would like to point out that i actually saw the movie before i passed judgement!

United States
    I'll have to chime in with my own mediocre review I guess. I enjoyed it, but it left me sorta . . . meh. . .at the end. The movie was too disjointed to ever really get fully into. . .. . Never really found a pace. But the pieces here and there were pretty cool. I liked the nods to the book, but at the same time I was pissed off by them, because they reminded me that this was not the book. I came out of the theater mostly happy with the movie, but honestly. . .havn't thought about it much since.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    I See what your saying clang but personally i would have been more annoyed if it had followed the book.

Its the dawn '04 and the walking dead series thing, people moan becuase they dont stick to the source material but ive already seen and read the source material you know? to me it would be boring to just retread it.

Each to their own though i guess!

United States
    Yeah. . I hear ya. . . And the fact that it didn't really follow the book exactly wasn't a movie killer for me. I knew going in that it would have very little to do with the book. Just a niggling detail that annoyed and delighted at the same time really.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    The difference between Yawn04 and TWD, is that TWD stays true to the material and the spirit even when it changes things up, whereas Yawn04 took a sparkly bulldozer to practically every single thing that was quality about Dawn, and replaced it with a bunch of obnoxious idiots making stupid decisions and that dreadful zombie baby bullshit.

Still ain't seen WWZ.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The difference between Yawn04 and TWD, is that TWD stays true to the material and the spirit even when it changes things up, whereas Yawn04 took a sparkly bulldozer to practically every single thing that was quality about Dawn, and replaced it with a bunch of obnoxious idiots making stupid decisions and that dreadful zombie baby bullshit.

Still ain't seen WWZ.
    You wanna get us started on Dawn'04?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You wanna get us started on Dawn'04?

To be fair, that description fits WWZ, as well...

England
    Maybe some of you would prefer this instead of WWZ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2081438/
    Last edited by kidgloves; 04-Jul-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: emoticon thingy
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Scotland
    "A bacteriological weapon developed by the US Government to create a super soldier - spreads an epidemic in a quiet little town in the middle of Eastern Europe. All citizens have been turned into infected zombies."

What's an infected zombie? Do they have an STD or something.....
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Maybe some of you would prefer this instead of WWZ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2081438/
    Uwe Boll as the president of the US? Quality written all over it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Uwe Boll as the president of the US? Quality written all over it!
    Aye. That's what caught my eye. Might have to hunt this one down for a laugh.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Overall id give WWZ a 6/10, but i would like to point out that i actually saw the movie before i passed judgement!
    I'll reiterate: I don't have to taste a pile of shit to know it would taste bad. The smell enough is a clue. Didn't have to see this one to get the hint, all the warning signs were there.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Still ain't seen WWZ.
    You're pathetic.
    No offense, just busting your balls, but go see it and give us a true review!
    Last edited by major jay; 05-Jul-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: edit!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    You're pathetic.
    No offense, just busting your balls, but go see it and give us a true review!
    If I didn't get to go and see Iron Man 3 - a movie I was really stoked to see - then what makes you think I'm going to make the 70 mile round trip to pay to see a movie that I'm not excited about in the slightest bit?

If someone gave it to me on DVD once it was out on home video then I'd watch it, but otherwise it's got "Sky Movies" written all over it for me.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Jul-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Wha'tchu lookin' aaaaaaht?!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Aye. That's what caught my eye. Might have to hunt this one down for a laugh.
    It's by those two Italians who directed 'Eaters.' So a few laughs are pretty much guaranteed.