Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game Are You Currently Playing?

United States
    I am going as oldschool as is possible. . well nearly,

Wizardry I : The Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord

I get the wild hair up my ass to play some of my old C64 favorites every once in a while.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I'm still playing Left 4 Dead on the PC and just started playing Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox Live Arcade.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    am i the only person that hates doom?
    Yep.

Heh. I'm sure there are a few others out there that feel the same way.

England
    Ive got very fond memories of doom in my teens, but i couldnt play it now & get any enjoyment out of it!

Anyway im now playing ArmA 2 all the time,its pretty great despite being loaded with bugs in its present state!the modding community are going mad over it though so its improving all the time!the other night i downloaded a mission pack where someone had converted all the old operation flashpoint single missions over to the ArmA 2 engine

Norway
    I just bought a playstation so now I am going to play the Valkyria chronicels and Killzone 2.
    For the pc I play city of heroes and a little civilization.

am i the only person that hates doom?, in particular i hate doom 3 that game,
    I like the original doom's a lot but doom 3 was very bad. Is like they took all that made doom a good game and removed it. So your not alone. Infact I would not be suprised if most gamers in the world thought doom 3 was a piece of crap.
    Last edited by Trencher; 06-Jul-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    I really enjoyed Doom 3, played it like 4 or 5 times.

And Doom is a pure classic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    am i the only person that hates doom?, in particular i hate doom 3 that game, regardless of aging is and always has been utter shite. its not scary, its stupid and makes me feel stupid for playing it, i can only imagine the scariness was meant to be ironic, like a guy with a d20 earing listening to dragonforce (reference form a guy in my old a level class), no one can be that much of a douche, but this may just be that rare douche in game form.

Doom 3 is the jhon edwards of games.

-ironically.
    Go back to reading your JRPGs then.

Nobody who played Doom as a youngster can say they weren't scared. And if they do, they're lying. But Doom's strength isn't that it can be creepy. It's the flawless, fun, simple gameplay. Playing Doom is just plain ol' fun. And simple. And addicting! I love Doom, and somehow it just makes me feel as if the FPS world just "Got it right", right there. No other FPS is as addicting or enduring as Doom.

Sure Half-Life had it's day. But I'm not playing it anymore. But I'm still playing Doom!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I am going as oldschool as is possible. . well nearly,

Wizardry I : The Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord

I get the wild hair up my ass to play some of my old C64 favorites every once in a while.
    That is old school. I remember that shit. *L*

I am juggling around Fight Night Round 4 for 360 and Valkria Chronicles for the PS3. Btw, there are some add-ons for VC now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    That is old school. I remember that shit. *L*

I am juggling around Fight Night Round 4 for 360 and Valkria Chronicles for the PS3. Btw, there are some add-ons for VC now.
    tried playing valkyria chronicles but it needs an update and my ps3 doesnt like my new router so its unplayable right now, same for noby noby boy and folklore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Any Heroes of Might and Magic fans out here? I was a big fan of the series but I layed off a bit after number 4 (which I loved, by the way, so that's not it). Just discovered Part 5. With all the expansions it's amazing! 8 teams, and two upgrades for every creature! Oh hell yeah!

Undisclosed
    tried playing valkyria chronicles but it needs an update and my ps3 doesnt like my new router so its unplayable right now, same for noby noby boy and folklore.
    I do not know what is going on with the update. I haven't played VC since the 1st week of January. But I had to update the game, before playing it. Maybe, it is for the add-on content. 3 add-ons: 2 new chapters & a very hard mode. I just downloaded the 2 chapters only.

United States
    Been playing Battlefield Bad Company in preparation for 1943 on Wednesday, can't wait! I just picked up Gunstar Heroes on Xbox Live Arcade with some leftover points, too. Never played the original Genesis version, apparently it's one of the best on the system.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Been playing Battlefield Bad Company in preparation for 1943 on Wednesday, can't wait! I just picked up Gunstar Heroes on Xbox Live Arcade with some leftover points, too. Never played the original Genesis version, apparently it's one of the best on the system.
    There is a Sega Genesis collection for the 360 for around $30. It has over 40 games. Including some Sega arcade ports a bonus. All these Genesis titles being released on XBL are on the disk. All 4 Phantasy Star games are on there, also.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Any Heroes of Might and Magic fans out here? I was a big fan of the series but I layed off a bit after number 4 (which I loved, by the way, so that's not it). Just discovered Part 5. With all the expansions it's amazing! 8 teams, and two upgrades for every creature! Oh hell yeah!
    Oh yes indeed, I used to play the hell out of some Heroes of Might and Magic. Great turn based strategy game. Used to waste hours on it.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    There is a Sega Genesis collection for the 360 for around $30. It has over 40 games. Including some Sega arcade ports a bonus. All these Genesis titles being released on XBL are on the disk. All 4 Phantasy Star games are on there, also.
    I have that collection, and although it's the a damn good set of games, Gunstar Heroes isn't on it. Treasure's other Genesis effort, Dynamite Headdy, is included.