Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Elm Street remake - the new Freddy?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm a fan of Haley as an actor... however, I'm getting the feeling his Krueger voice is going to be annoying.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm a fan of Haley as an actor... however, I'm getting the feeling his Krueger voice is going to be annoying.
    I keep picturing him in Semi Pro. Or Losing It.
    I dunno, I thought the original Nightmares turned crappy after the first. He'll be what makes it hit or miss, I'll tell you that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    I keep picturing him in Semi Pro. Or Losing It.
    Oh yeaaahhh....wow...didn't realize that was HIM...been a long time since I saw that one...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Oh yeaaahhh....wow...didn't realize that was HIM...been a long time since I saw that one...
    Ha, he was a perv in that one too...

Undisclosed
    More behind the scenes footage.

Super Moderator

UK
    I look forward to seeing what Haley does with the character of Freddy, and I dug the shot with the hat on the box which pans back and his eyes are just glimpsing over it.

Otherwise, goddamn, how many shots have they directly copied from the original movie? Sheesh. This is the problem with all these feckin' remakes, and this makes me dig Halloween 2007 even more, and dare I say it - H2 even more - because at least RZ did what he wanted to do, even though H2007 does feature similar shots or segments - but well ... I duno, it just plays better when in the context of everything else.

In that EPK it just feels a bit tacked on, like they're chuffed to be 'legitimately' able to copy and paste those shots.

Am I making sense? Probably not.

Undisclosed
    A good look at Freddy. He turned out much better than I thought.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19678
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 06-Apr-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Good that they're going for the more realistic burn victim look, particularly around the eyes and nose ... it makes it scarier. Whether the film will be any good is a whole other ball park ... I do wish Platinum Dunes would stop remaking good franchises. I mean, they could really do something good (and better) with a shitty film from way back (e.g. Drive-In Massacre).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I do wish Platinum Dunes would stop remaking good franchises.

Imo, the first three films are good. The rest? Well, i'll just be kind and say, meh.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Imo, the first three films are good. The rest? Well, i'll just be kind and say, meh.

You liked part 2?!?!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Part 2 was quite dark when you look back on it and is the only sequel to attempt to clone the atmosphere and tension that permeated the first movie...so in a sense that's cool and overall the movie is kinda creepy and evil feeling...although overall it wasn't such an enjoyable movie, some of the moments in it were pretty awesome (like the party scene and the dogs with faces). After the 2nd they became comedies with cheesy one liners and silly death scenes - maybe number 2 helped bring that along with the whole "you've got the body, I've got the brains" line - cos really if you look back at number one I think Freddy's only line was something like "i'm gonna split you in two"
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd say the only good segment of part 2 is the opening sequence. Other than that, from what I can recall it just felt like a teen angst/romance movie script some studio exec read and thought "This would be great if we incorporated Freddy!"

United States
    I can't remember the name of the chic from the second one, but she was quite enjoyable.

And, no, I'm not referring to her 'acting' (ahem)...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'd say the only good segment of part 2 is the opening sequence. Other than that, from what I can recall it just felt like a teen angst/romance movie script some studio exec read and thought "This would be great if we incorporated Freddy!"

Every series has a black sheep. Not in the sense that they are bad films but it's just not like the others for whatever reason.

Freddy was actually making Jesse turn and murder in the real world, not dreamland, which is something none of the other films attempted to do.

Whether it worked or not (i liked it) atleast they went for something different.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Otherwise, goddamn, how many shots have they directly copied from the original movie? Sheesh. This is the problem with all these feckin' remakes, and this makes me dig Halloween 2007 even more, and dare I say it - H2 even more - because at least RZ did what he wanted to do, even though H2007 does feature similar shots or segments - but well ... I duno, it just plays better when in the context of everything else.
    This is exactly what I hope they do not do. I'm all for slight changes or updates to a flick if you're doing a remake, but for the love of all that is holy, completely fucking the story, characters and "feel" of the film like RZ did to Halloween is not the way I, personally, want things to go down. Don't remove the "core" of the film and take too many liberties. That's destroying what people cherished about the original in the first place.

I'm still torn about this. On one hand, I see this as another classic that shouldn't be messed with, but I am very interested to see how they go about it. Since they're keeping a lot of the original scenes intact, I might just like their approach - but that remains to be seen.

I remain cautious, but curious.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Apr-2010 at 01:02 PM.